Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
    Golden House(Bangkok)
    Good 3.5/5
    Hansar Bangkok Hotel(Bangkok)
    3,711 results
    All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 9 August 2014

On our 1st trip to Bangkok we chose to stay in the Renaissance and weren't disappointed, an excellent location down-town easily accessible via the BTS from the airport. The decor is modern and trendy with faultless service. We used the swimming pool during our stay which looks out over the city and has an excellent area for enjoying some rest and relaxation. Staying on the club level we had a king size bed, with a beautiful bathroom and huge bath (big enough for 2). The rooms are well appointed and as always come with the sumptuous Marriott bedding so we had a perfect nights sleep.
    If you are staying in Bangkok you really can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Richard_Emma L
    Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance for just a night and chose it for its proximity to the BTS station and shopping malls. Although the hotel doesn't connect directly into the station, it's still very well located just a short walk away from the Chit Lom BTS. The hotel is modern and edgy, but dark. Thankfully, the rooms get a lot of sunlight. Very comfortable rooms (wonderful beds!) and bathrooms with great amenities. I was surprised though that there wasn't evening turndown service, per the usual standard at similar 5 star hotels in the area.

I slept well but for some reason, my room phone rang three times before 7 AM. I could hear someone on the other end but they did not say anything until the third time, when a lady spoke in Thai. So I called the front desk to see if they could trace the internal caller and block all calls to my room. They couldn't so they suggested that I just leave the phone receiver off the hook. I was annoyed by the whole experience, to say the least. Despite that, I would still give the Renaissance another try given its convenient location and nice rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
    Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location, being close to BTS and shopping malls. The room was excellent, quiet, clean and a fantastic view around the city. It was a suite, which was well priced. Staff are excellent across the hotel. Excellent food and drink. Would recumbent this to anyone visiting Bangkok.

Room Tip: Studio Suite
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
    Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had stayed at this hotel in March 2012 and was rather pleased with the property and the staff albeit it was still new at the time. This time I decided to stay at JW Marriott for my stay in Bangkok. DO yourself a favour and DO NOT stay at the JW, the hotel is dated and the service is average. I therefore decided to check out from JW Bangkok and relocated to Renaissance for my remaining two nights in Bangkok. As expected, the rooms were clean, beautiful and still very new looking. Check in was warm, smooth and welcoming. I love the location of this hotel 5-10 minute walk to most big shopping malls including Siam Paragon and MBK. I found the Concierge staff aka 'Navigators' very helpful and attentive, always willing to help. A special thanks to FO manager Chutinart, Navigator Surat and doorman Tanut for going the extra mile in honouring my special requests. I will definitely be returning to your hotel many many times in the future.

Room Tip: Be sure to use the pool area.
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
    4  Thank LovetheMarriott
    Reviewed 2 August 2014

Location is great, very close to BTS & shopping malls. The hotel staff put me to the executive floor due to this is our wedding anniversary trip. The room size, decoration and amenities are excellent. The Director of Hotel Mr Blair Fowler is very nice and gentle. Luckily, have the chance to taste the Peking Duck at Fei Ya and met their Executive Chef Mr Leung.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family