“Even Better the Secon Time”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #46 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 December 2010

This has now become our favourite hotel in Bangkok and this was our second stay at this hotel in Bangkok which is a first for us as this city has some really good hotels but after being at this hotel feel our quest for a good 5 star hotel in Bangkok is over.
This is extremely well located and very comfortable hotel.The Club lounge is really good with great staff.The Breakfast quality was excellent and i think the best croissants in bangkok are available here for breakfast.
The fitness area is superb and so is the spa which had just about opened.The massage at this spa was really nice and they have a wonderful setting for a couple massage in the evening with all bangkok lights sparkling on the outsideI would definately recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay in the centre of bangkok and wants to stay in a 5 star hotel.Looking forward to come back to this hotel soon.The quality of t5his hotel is only improving

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,435)

Reviewed 19 December 2010

The Renaissance has a good location opposite the Intercontinental. It is close to the shopping centres as well as the metro. The rooms are very comfortable and modern. The price I paid was attractive and it included a voucher to be spend in the hotel on either restaurant or the spa (I choose the spa and enjoyed a very nice massage)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2010

This hotel is truely wonderful! Firstly the location is brilliant - around the corner from the hotel is an array of designer shops along with a variety of restaurants and cafes. The BTM sky rail is also just accross the road so you can easily get around town by train. On arrival the staff were super friendly and polite and throughout our stay they continued to keep a high level of professionalism. It was my husbands birthday and they must have taken note of this from his passport because when we returned to our room from a cycling tour they had sent a birthday cake with candles to our room - complimentary! The decor of the hotel is also very contemporary and modern and the bedrooms are spacious, light with all the latest mod cons. I would highly reccomend staying at this hotel whether it be for business or lesiure as it is just simply AMAZING!

Reviewed 12 December 2010

One of the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in a lot!

Cleanliness - Given that it is a 5 stars property and reasonable new, the hotel is spotless, from lobby to your room, only problem I have was the water sealing from the shower is not working properly but that is just a bit of a nuisance more than anything

Location - It is less than 5 minutes walk from Chitlom station and facing the intercontinental, you can't get more central than that. Strangely though, as some point out, the hotel is relatively unknown to many. Even the bell in Lebua towel didn't know about the place (very much to my surprise), luckily someone in the taxi queue is kind enough to lend us his map (thank you!) so we can show it to the bell and the driver

Rooms - The room is reasonable spacious and tastefully decorated, you got separate bath and shower (with rainshower), good working area with broadband (paid, not free), LCD tv, good big bed with loads of pillows (I count 6 with 3 extra cushions!)

Service - Service is the best I have ever received in Thailand, period, and that said a lot. On arrival the bell literally hop out from inside to pick our bag, then while checking in I was given a glass of iced tea, a towel to swipe my face (for my friend as well who was sitting in the lounge area); I was then escort to my room by the Front Desk staff (although I did said I wouldn't need help taking my bags), with all facilities/amenities explained. Staff spoke excellent English, even the housekeeping lady. I dine at the La Tavola restaurant on the 2nd night, staff again, was super friendly and always carries a big smile, same goes for the staff in Flavour restaurant, where they served the breakfast.

Value - I have a very good promotion and got the room at 2600 THB (without tax/service), for the rate this is definitely the best deal out there, for their normal promo rate at around 4000 - 5000 THB I will still consider it.

All in all I am very impressed with the Renaissance, the location, facilities as well as service are all top notched, I will definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

The Renaissance Hotel in Bangkok is a new hotel that just opened this year. It is in an excellent location in Ratchaprasong, situated near Siam Paragon, and Central World shopping malls. So much was within walking distance of the hotel. The weekend market and riverfront are easily accessed via the SkyTrain from the Chit Lom station in front of the hotel.
We spent one night in November 2010, and four nights in December 2010. For the four night stay our accommodations were in a Studio Suite on the Executive floor which consisted of a corner room with a wonderful view of the city. All the rooms have hardwood floors, marble and granite bathrooms, amazing rain showers, bathtubs, and all typical amenities found in a 5 star hotel. The design of the rooms and public areas is outstanding.
The Executive Lounge staff, especially Ramphai was excellent - Everyone encountered was professional and made sure all of the guests were comfortable. Any issue was dealt with immediately.
The lounge breakfast was delicious and included both Asian and Western selections. The complimentary reception in the evening included many tasty appetizers.
This hotel is highly recommended and provides a peaceful respite in an otherwise bustling city.

Reviewed 30 November 2010

It was my first time to visit Bangkok, Thailand and I was lucky to stay in this hotel for many reasons:

1. The hotel is pretty new. The interior is modern and classy.
2. I like the "flower" logo in the interior of the hotel.
3. Bangkok's population is poor in English but the hotel staff can speak good english.
4. The room is awesome.
5. Nice location - walking distance to the Skyway (subway) and from several posh malls.
6. Starbucks is also walking distance.

When staying in this hotel be sure you print out the map for the taxi driver to read. Since the hotel is new, the cab drivers tend to get lost. Also, the cab drivers are poor in English so better print out a copy. Better if the map is written in Thai. I suppose there's a downloadable map from the hotel's website.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Just came back from Bangkok and stayed in this hotel for 2 days.I wished I booked to stay here throughout our trip as we also stayed at Sheraton Grande. The hotel was an absolutely 5 star - the room (was given 22nd fl), facilities and mostly the service you get from its staff. We were travelling with our 15 months girl and the staff made sure that we have all what we needed to have a comfortable stay.

Location is very central, eg the Siam paragon is less than 10 mins walk, BTS station is infront, just need to walk from hotel driveway to main road, 300 meters? Taxi from airport found the hotel easily. It cost no more than THB100 to go to any tourist attractions by cab.

There's currently a Club Lounge special rate at THB1500 per night, and its highly recommended. You get breakfast, high tea from 3pm, happy hour drinks and canapes(fr 6pm) to 8pm, plus 3 pcs laundry complimentary (they even mended my partner's missing pants button!!!).

I'd like to make special mention to the staff at Club Lounge, they looked after my little girl so we can enjoy our drinks & food.

Its the extra touches of hospitality that makes this hotel a stand out for us, not to mention the chic rooms & hey, what a bargain with the rate we paid!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family