“Back again.”
Review of Sapphirtel Inn

Sapphirtel Inn
Ranked #772 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I'm beginning to feel like part of the family at Sapphirtel. It does have some drawbacks mostly related to the age of the fit out however the level of service and helpfulness of all staff far outweighs any problems with the rooms.
Budget price, 5 star service. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Really quiet hotel just off Silom. Tell the taxi it is opposite the Hindu temple near Silom centre.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sapphirtel Inn

Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is a very ordinary hotel, that has great location and very obliging and friendly staff. The rooms were clean, though very run down, and something was always leaking or not working. We stayed here as a group with a gem tour, so for us it was cheap and close to gem stuff. Good market close by and plenty of food places within walking distance. Because this hotel is off the main street, it is very quite, except for the cat fighting noises at certain times.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Actually this hotel location Soi 22/1 is not easy to find among Silom Roadside shops.Hotel looks old and also interior decorated items seem to be 20 years before.Hotel provided light breakfast.
My room's air-condition was not cool and felt only hot wind.After hotel's servicing,air-con was nothing special.But staff from reception were helpful.I received and found back my bag from honesty staff after checked out.Hotel room price was 1000 Bt/night,it's budget price and suitable for budget travelers.Thanks for honesty.It's more important than old hotel room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

August 2012. I found this hotel to be adequate for two nights stay in Silom. It is not easy to find the hotel located at the end of an alley, so best to ask the taxi driver if he knows the place before getting into the taxi. Its near the start of Silom Road. Reception lady was friendly. She preferred cash payment for the AsiaRooms booking, so better have local currency cash on you. I found the double room and linen to be clean and adequate. Bathroom needed repairs. Rather dated. Location is quiet even though busy Silom Rd is nearby. Food places nearby. Night markets (nothing I wanted to buy) walkable distance, other end of Silom Rd. Red light area near night market. Train station walkable distance WITHOUT luggage. If using taxi to get to the train station, avoid morning peak. Traffic lights very slow to change. I would recommend staying here for shower and quiet sleep.

Room Tip: I was placed in a room away from Silom Road side, therefore quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I live in Thailand, and this is a hole. There is a water leak in my bathroom so I put a garbage can under it. There's stain on everything, including the pillows under the pillowcases. There's mouse or other dung on the sheets and other places. The tub is dented, rusting, and there's stains on everything, everywhere. This is a 300 baht room; no more. You can also hear people walking on other floors.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We found this hotel on a booking website and it looked great....... BUT then we show up pay for the 3 nights go up to our room and there was stains on pretty much everything in the room..roof, floor walls and the BED! OMG it was terrible. We left our bags in the room headed down the street to find another hotel, returned and told them we wont be staying there because of the state of the rooms and they apologized for us not being happy kept a nights accommodation and gave us the rest!
I HIGHLY recommend elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jodie D
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I travel the around the world about half a dozen times a year and have been to amazing places and great hospitality and nothing would ever take me back to this hotel. When I arrived I was checked into a corner room which was virtually falling apart. The lift did not work correctly, there were "frozen" ants or bugs in my fridge and the place looked like it belonged in the ghettos of Silom Road, Bangkok. A dirty room in a dirty hotel with food that looked and tasted like rubber. The only upside to this place was the location. The rooms were noisy you could hear people flush and do all sorts of things in the toilet next door. We had booked it as a group booking and were planning to stay only for a couple of days after being "recommended" by one of the people in the group. Though we had booked for 2 nights with a gap for a trip up north, (which was cancelled due to flooding), we ended up having to stay in Bangkok for another night. In the morning, we were told we will need to have room reshuffles and I was asked to share a room with another person in the party which I declined. In the morning whilst I asked for confirmation of room arrangements, they assured me that everything was going to be okay. When we got back in the eveing after a really big day at the jewellery show, I asked for the keys and what was happening to the room that was pre allocated. The guy at the reception spoke almost no English and had no idea what was going on. They made us wait for 15 minutes whilst they served other customers and when I asked the reception who did speak some english, she made no comment and was trying to avoid any questions I had about the room. When confronted on 3 occassions, she said that it was the owners issue and she could not call him because he left his phone behind at the reception. Apparantly he had not told the staff the arrangements before he left. I then asked her what was happening and she chose not to response. Therefore no apologies, no response, haughty rude behaviour and most of all exceptionally unhelpful and made it feel like it was our problem. After 1/2 an hours of just disgusting behaviour, I went upstairs and packed my things and let the rest of the group know that I was not paying another dollar for terrible service and terrible accomodation. All I did was walk another 2 minutes down the street, met a courteous, well spoken and clearly empathetic young man from Narai Hotel who said that they had a boutique hotel just next door, priced slightly higher but can I tell you, it has the best service, great clean decor and good amenities. Most of all internet wifi was free and the room was quiet. After a horrendous few days, I am thankful that I have ended up in a better place after all.

Room Tip: Don't bother, go somewhere else. Try Triple Two Silom down the street.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business