“Super location, Excellent staff,Great rooms,excellent value for money”
Review of De Arni Bangkok

De Arni Bangkok
Ranked #471 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Haifa, Israel
“Super location, Excellent staff,Great rooms,excellent value for money”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have spent 3 night in this hotel, and would gladly return there.
The main advantages of this hotel: Great location - 2 minutes walk from Patpong, Stuff are very friendly, polite, and well speaking English ,Large Room, Very good bathroom (bathtub, good stream of hot water), good breakfast.
The only minus I found: The mattress is too stiff for my taste. On the other hand - I did not find yet in Bangkok a soft mattress in any of the hotels I was in - I guess this is their taste in BKK...

Let's start with the room: It gives a spacious feeling - large bed, a small tble with two chairs and a large desk. My room was facing the main street of Surawong Road, but was quite, and there was no noise from the main street. The bathroom was nice - big enough, large bathtub that could fit two people together ;) and hot strong stream of water.Room also have a new LCD TV (I think 32") but not too many stations to watch.

Location: It is adjacent to the Le Meridian Hotel (If coming from Rama IV - It is right after the Le Meridian) - So if the taxi Driver don't know to find it, tell him to go to Meridian which is very big hotel. Patpong is about 2 minutes walk, BTS is 5 more minutes. You can always find a Taxi near the hotel, as this is the main road and Taxi pass there all the time.

Staff: Very very friendly, and well speaking English. First morning, I came down at 10:10 and asked about breakfast times. The reception clerk said it is between 7-10 but said wait a second, called the dining room, and told me - you can go there now (although 10 minutes after closing time). Came there, and although it is a buffet - they told me take my time, eat as much as you want, do not hurry. When I had to check out, I asked for a late check out, since I was supposed to leave to airport only at 9PM and wanted a shower before I leave to the long flight. They could offer a late checkout of 2 PM, or to stay until 6 PM and pay a half day price, of their minimum promotion rate - either stay at my standard room and pay 1000 BHT, or move to a single room and pay 650 BHT.

Breakfast: Surprisingly low price: 230 BHT for a buffet breakfast - more or less same as you will find in the street restaurants... You get two eggs prepared for to your request (fired, scrambled, omelet with bacon, tomatoes, onions according to what you choose), toast, yogurt, jelly, variety of corn flakes, bacon, and more and more. Also have Thai style food (fried vegetables, rice, soup) - I enjoyed the breakfast and ate there the 3 mornings I had.

So in conclusion - I was very happy from this hotel - The only reason it didn't get a 5 points grade is the mattress is too stiff for my taste. But if this is how you like it - consider it as 5 points grade! It definitely has an excellent value for the price it takes.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BPorat

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This lovely new little boutique hotel centrally located is a delightful find. Scrupulously clean, everything in good order and condition and the most helpful, nice and courteous staff we've ever found in many years of travel. We loved it so much that we'll be making this our base for each of our subsequent trips to Bangkok.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor facing Surawong Road but it was very quiet so I don't think it would be...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelkat88
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the high level of service standard displayed by the staff during our stay. From the always smiling and friendly front line crew to the also always smiling housekeeping staff, we really felt that it was an excellent value for the mid-tier price that we paid. We were treated like valued guests.... or VIP!

Location is great...within walking to BTS and the vibrant night life. Hotel Facility is good...room is spacious, tv selection is adequate, shower pressure is powerful, bed is big and firm, free parking space if you drive (and we do). It's a headache to find carpark along this busy tourist street so this free parking facility is a big plus for us.

Though the walls within the room are a little thin and you can hear doors being open or close intermittently along the corridor, our room is pretty quiet. Remember to ask for rooms away from the front street. One complaint is that the housekeeping service could be more alert. Twice, we woke up late and went out during noon. A make-up-room sign was put outside the door and upon our return at about 4pm, the room was still undone. So, that was a disappointment in the lapse of service. A call to the operator and the housekeeping staff quickly arrived but the little dent in our impression of the hotel was already formed.

Overall, I will heartily recommend this hotel over the others along Suriwong road (except Le Meridien of course if you want to pay that hefty price). One big trump card for me is the free use of internet and it works amazingly well and strong.... just like most parts of this fine hotel!

This hotel should rightly belong inside the top 100 best hotel in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Away from the front street. Try to get rooms on 3rd floor where the wi-fi signal is stronger (I thin...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hands22
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel was beautiful and clean and situated across the road from the Patpong night markets and is a short walk to a sky train station. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Overall I thought this hotel was great value for money and I would gladly stay here next time I was in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TessOK
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed at the De Arni on two ocassions, once at the beginning of my trip for 5 days and again for 3 nights at the end. Staff are really friendly, free wifi in the rooms is a plus and price was value for money considering central location.

Not a large hotel which is good thing, this means they know you and you always get a friendly greeting when you walk through the lobby. They remembered me when I checked back in at the end of my month long trip. The rooms are not huge but perfectly adequate and very comfortable. Fridge, tea/coffee facilities, electronic safe etc. Some wear and tear of furniture but nothing awful. Only small negative comment would be that I would have liked a superior room but they only have single beds (twin) and not a double which I prefer and available in the standard rooms and suites only.

Basically a friendly place to stay, great location in the centre of Silom, near Patpong but gives peace and quiet on the higher floors. Good value for money and look forward to staying again at the end of the year when I return to Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank tpjuk
Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2011

A Hotel that is worth staying in for.. If you want affordability and comfort then this is the hotel worth staying.. and not forgetting the NIGHT LIFE around this area. Cheap stuffs can be bought around this hotel area..

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank DonWan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2011

We normally go for 5 star hotels so were hesitant to go for a friends recommendation to stay at this property. We shouldn't have been so worried. And you really feel at home here. The room was spacious and clean and the location - for us - was just perfect. Breakfast (included) was good and just what we needed after a long journey.

This isn't deluxe by any stretch of the imagination but for a clean room and a good nights sleep it was perfect.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple