“Ok, but a few issues to work on”

Ranked #344 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed at The Cottage for my last night before heading overseas again. Front desk staff were reasonable and helpful, WiFi was not free but had good speed at least. The restaurant however is woeful and I've had much better meals in Bangkok for a fraction of the price than here. The service was abysmal, the waitress simply disappeared and no one came to give me the bill despite sitting around aimlessly for 45 mins or more. Gave up as I had more important things to do with my time. Breakfast was typical but limited, and not everything was fresh hot. Water pressure was bizarre - it pulses, so no steady stream. This was the same for toilet, shower, tap etc. No complimentary free water either, despite being a decent walk away from any other amenities. Ok for a one night stopover perhaps but not for any extended stay.

Room Tip: Get your own metered taxi, not the tour/taxi operator. You'll get there quicker and cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Cottage Suvarnabhumi

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Mixed feelings about the cottage. The location is very good, shuttle service on time and at the airport fast. Room was clean and fine for the price to. Biggest plus is probably the staff, all very friendly and smiling.

The reason it does not get a better rating in my mind is the lack of free internet. You have to pay for it (and at 100 bath an hour quite a lot) which is a first after 6 months of travel for me. Not to happy about this. Should be complimentary as with most hotels. The staff did allow me to check my email for free, which is off course very nice, and speaks for them, but the fact dat wifi is not included is a bad thing in my mind.

Also the shower in my room on the 4th floor was not to good. The pressure kept changing from good to bad every few seconds, as did the temperature of the water.

So good and bad things, for a night close at the aiport the room and staff are good, but no internet is annoying.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B M
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Okay, I know I paid $40 only...but I paid it to sleep. Since I did not, I think I would have fared better at the airport. The moment I hit the bed (with stained sheets and all), the guests in the next room started talking and watching TV. It would not have matter in any other hotel probably, but my room was connected to theirs by a flimsy door that did not make much of a difference. Actually, when those people walked into their room, the noise was so loud, that I actually woke up in panic because it felt if someone walked into my room! It was scary...and then it went downhill from there. I agree with other reviewers that the stuff is nice...but that does not help really with the problem I had. Also, it is not 5 min away from the airport, but 10 at least. It might sound insignificant, but still...why not state the correct time?

1  Thank Ruchei
Ohm P, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Ruchei,

I am extremely disappointed that we have failed to stop the loud noises made by other guest in the adjacent room. Here at The Cottage, one of the most important factors that we try to create for all of our guests is the feeling of Security and Privacy. Only 4 out of 101 rooms have connecting doors and all the doors are safely locked on both sides. If we only knew that the guests next door were invading your privacy, our staffs have been trained to react instantly to solve these problems for our guests.

It is unacceptable that your bed sheets had stained on it and will be sure to handle this case properly.

Thank you very much for the great comment about our staffs being friendly, we will definitely maintain that standard.

Although I cannot erase your poor experience with us, I would very much like to speak with you personally so that we can address your concerns directly. I can be reached at fom@thecottagebangkok.com.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The rooms are new, clean, and nice. The pool and outdoor area are a plus. The shuddle service is efficient and good. Less than ten minutes form the airport.

Room Tip: I had top floor room which was quiet
1  Thank charles293916
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have been traveling to thailand for 11 years and often stay in transit hotels , When I stayed in the cottage hotel absolutly brilliant staff excellent rooms well above standard
This hotel offers well above value for money And I will be useing this hotel again on my next trip I even met the owner who you can see puts passion into his standard that he wants to maintain EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY
I will also reccomend the cottage to friends and family

Room Tip: I stayed in a pool access room which was nice straight of the room by the pool very nice
1  Thank leigh246

Dear leigh246,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such an incredible comment. It is heartening to learn that you found our hotel to be “The Best Bangkok Hotel” after 11 years! Our team is personally dedicated to giving each and every guest a wonderful memory even if it is just a short stay. I will convey your kind comments about our staffs to the rest of my team.

The owner of this hotel, Khun Kampol, is here every day to ensure that all of his staffs maintain an excellent standard for all our guests.

I am very glad that you enjoyed our Deluxe Pool Access room. Our swimming is situated in the heart of the hotel so most of the rooms have Pool view. However, 5 rooms have direct pool access making it very convenient for you to enjoy our swimming pool.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to friends and family. Our team is eager to see you back here again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel serves its every need.
We needed something cheap, close to the airport, clean and tidy and offers food.
I believe we paid roughly $20 for 2 people for one nights stay including pick up and drop off to the airport.
The service from the staff was excellent, attentive and polite. The reataurant isn't the best but is still nice.
Overall a good hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank luke310389
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Great hotel if arriving late or leaving early. We had to wait five minutes for the shuttle bus to arrive (UK passport holders do not need a visa to enter Thailand so do not queue up in the visa on arrival part of customs) it was a new bus, the hotel staff greeted us v enthusiastically on arrival and we were handed a welcome drink.

Check in was smooth and our bags were then carried to the room. We had a lovely room overlooking the pool for which we paid $42. Great hotel, great location for the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012
TheC0ttage, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Casperhawk,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave us a “Perfect comment”. I am delighted to hear that you had to wait only five minutes for our shuttle service at the airport. We have made a few improvements to our shuttle service to make it as quickly and most efficient as possible because we realize how tiring it can be after a long flight. Our team appreciates your kind comments towards our service.
I hope to make it more memorable for you on your next stay!

Best regards,