“not the worst”

Ranked #361 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“not the worst”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Arrived at the airport in the morning but the arrival was jam. I've paid for the shuttle service and was afraid it had already went off. However, they are still there even I was late for 30 mins. This leave a good impression of The Cottage.

The frontdesk staff was friendly and polite. Every morning they will open the door and greet me without fail. They thought I am Korean and even greet me in Korean which make me laugh out loud. The taxi driver from the hotel was friendly too. House-keeping staffs were nice too. They cleaned my room nicely and asked if I am happy with their cleaning. Generally, their customer service is up there. Thumbs up!

The only disappointing thing is their location. It is convenient to Paseo Community Mall and the airport but far from the city. Taxi drivers from the city tried to rip me off by asking 400 to 500 baht back to The Cottage.

Overall The Cottage is a comfortable place with a cozy feeling. I will rank it positive other then the location.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JaceDarren K
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear JaceDarren K:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time and that you had quite a few great laughs with our staff.

Do not worry about the delay as it is our job to wait for your arrival and transfer you to the hotel safe and sound. I am also delighted that Housekeeping department arranged the room up to your standard along with checking up on your satisfaction. Although I am sorry the taxi driver from the city tried to avoid the meter service and attempted to charge you wholesale.

Overall, I hope the accommodations and service you experienced fits your liking and that you were satisfied as our motto is “We provide beyond your satisfaction!”

Please note that any dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

The Cottage Suvarnabhumi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
steambaot springs co
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel was very nice in itself. I decided to stay here after traveling around Thailand for a month because it was close to the airport. Well that was all it was close too! the taxi driver from the hotel charged me 1,800 Baht for a ride into town and back. That is completely unreasonable, the following day I took a different metered taxi and took the air-train, in quicker time and was only charged 600 baht both ways. They charge you for internet usage by hour, if you don't log out on their site it continues to use your internet time. As I'm waiting for my airport shuttle now I decided to write this review because I was just charged 300 Baht for a dirty towel in my room. They told me that I could keep the towel, but what need do I have for a dirty towel. Out of all the hotels I stayed at in Thailand this was the most disappointing to me. I wasn't charge for such things at any other place that I had stayed in the 30 nights I was in Thailand. Take my advice stay closer to the city, you wont regret it and you'll def get your moneys worth. Not a good way to end my trip!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank katherine m
Dear Katherine m
Thank you for the critical critique. Your comments are important to us and I thank you for informing us therefore we will take into improvements as we try to provide beyond your satisfaction. I am extremely disappointed about what happened and that you are not satisfied.
The round trip taxi into the city is considered a tour price and that they are to help you avoid getting lost or confusion on your way around. This prevents our hotel guests from getting lost or being confused with Bangkok directions not to mention there may not have been an English speaker out there to assist and comprehend guests. Such case has happened before therefore a lot of guests prefer tour counter.
The internet package in this hotel indeed is not included into the room charge as the booking website you’ve booked from state “charges apply”. Some hotels that do not have charges may have used a different system from ours in which our hotel internet packages is separated by floors. Sharing Wi-Fi throughout may reduce internet speed not to mention non hotel guests may have access and slow down your connections. Logging out of your internet package will actually save you usage time and that you may restore your session.
The towel that’s been charged is considered not washable or restored and could only be replaced with new ones as the one guest used is allowed to keep.
A department meeting has been arranged and all stated details from your critiques have been discussed and that we will improve your satisfaction.

I would like to personally discuss more details with you as we will take it into improvements of any mistakes. Please contact me at fom@thecottagebangkok.com

Once again thank you for comments and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely yours,
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Only planned to stay one night but I stayed two after a 13hour sleep.clean quit comfortable.next time I have to travel through Bangkok will defiantly be back to the cottage with airport transfer so if you are looking for some were to stay close to the airport this is a hotel for you.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank buddlefish
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear TomBaul:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Arrived on a morning flight into Bangkok, so needed to check-in around 8am and had made no special request in advance. Nevertheless, I was put straight into a room. It had excellent wi-fi, a big comfy bed and was spotless. Just what you need after a long flight. Had a swim in the afternoon which was pleasant enough and a beer on the balcony. Good room service. All very welcoming and comfortable, which makes getting over jet lag a bit easier.
I found the airport transfers okay. To be fair, the rep took a while to find in the airport. But, if you ask at an information desk they point you to him. He took my bags loaded it up and I was straight on my way. All very smooth and efficient and a great price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TomBaul
Dear buddlefish

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 15 September 2013

1.The airport transfer person was not there to pick us up at the first place, however when he turned up after 20 minutes of waiting, he did not have our name listed on his list. He made us wait for another 15 minutes, and it was only after we threatened him to catch a taxi, he arranged us a car.
2. People at the restaurant hardly spoke any English and ordering from the menu was as difficult as kissing your elbow. Later on when I ordered an English breakfast tea for room service, I was given earl grey tea with no sugar or milk.
3. If you think this was enough to make it a journey that left a bad taste in our mouth, you would be wrong, because the worst was yet to come. We had requested an airport transfer next day in the morning at 8-30 am. Next day, they started calling us from 7 am that our taxi was ready to go when we. Needed, and by 8-30 am they had called us 6 times. They even knocked at our door several times to ask us out. When we reached the airport, we realised that all this fuss was because they had to pick up some other passenger at around the same time.
If I have to rate their service out of ten I would not be able to give them more than one, that too one for giving us the room. In totality, it is just a place to sleep in for the night, however their poor service and shear lack of customer satisfaction makes them a place worth not to be associated with.

3 Thank HnMtripdiary
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear HnMtripdiary

Thank you for the critical critique. Your comments are important to us. I am sorry you experienced little satisfaction during your stay.
I have investigated what happened.

1. The information counter at the airport informed my staff that our guests are waiting at Floor 2 Gate 3. The standard picking up area for hotels is Floor 2 Gate 4 next to the AOT booth. Indeed we did not have your name on the list because we did not receive your flight detail. We then inform our staff to go find you at your current location. The hotel shuttle takes approximately 15 minute to the airport as it is traffic hour late afternoon before evening.

2. The restaurant staff did speak English lower than expected and I agree and apologize on that part. An English training has been scheduled on a weekly basis and I am disappointed this did not happen before.

3. Your airport transfer was scheduled for 8.30am and that your wake-up call was at 7.00am. The airport shuttle departs at each schedule half hour. Late transfer would result in catching the next shuttle at a later time in which may result in catching flights. Staff will only knock on guest’s door when approaching transfer time and that guest have not come down for a check-out. At the airport there was a guest waiting to be picked up. This guest did not inform us of their flight number as well. Departure guests are to be dropped off first before picking up arriving guests.

I would like to personally discuss more details with you and answer any questions. You may contact me at fom@thecottagebangkok.com

Once again your critiques are important to our improvements.

Sincerely yours,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Not large rooms but a good place for an airport stopover. Only a 15 minute 75 baht taxi ride from BKK. Located in a quite area so sleep is no problem and the price is right. Staff was friendly and speak good English. Did not try the breakfast but it looked good.

Room Tip: It's a quite area so any rooms should be OK.
2 Thank BongoSlave
Dear BongoSlave:

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here for 1 night while transiting through Bangkok. Check In and Check Out process was super quick. We pleased with cleanliness and everything in the room was functional. We ask for 4:00 a, wake-up call and 5:00 am shuttle bus service. Both arranged as per our request. They have nice little swimming pool and restaurant to eat. Front desk staff was very friendly. It took less than 10 mins to airport in early morning.

Room Tip: Let them know the pick up time and drop off time in 24 hours advance to arrange shuttle service.
1 Thank Pankit S
Dear Pankit S:

The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#688 of 858 in Bangkok
Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel
Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel
#699 of 858 in Bangkok

Been to The Cottage Suvarnabhumi? Share your experiences!