“great for one or two nights”

Ranked #330 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our room (superior) was very clean and comfortable - more than we expected for the price! Staff were polite and sorted out our problem on check-in. Our only comment is that the public areas could be cleaned more often (restaurant terrace, pool area, chairs and corridors). Book their shuttle to the airport, only BHT 50 – and a friendly driver.
Walk to the Paeso Mall - good food, thai feeling. Next time we would also head to the food markets in the opposite direction.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cottage S, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Lisa and Erich B:

Greetings from The Cottage Suvarnabhumi. I would like to take this time to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you during your stay and that you had a memorable time.

I hope the accommodations and service you experienced fits your liking and that you were satisfied as our motto is “We provide beyond your satisfaction!”

Please note that any dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. Your critiques are important to our improvements and we would enjoy the pleasure of having you as a regular guest.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The only reason we stayed here for 3 nights was because of the protests and road blockages in the city. The photos look way better than the place actually is. I would not stay here again unless I have no choice but to be near the airport.

Pros:
- efficient/responsive service staff
- walking distance to Paseo Mall (where there's MacDonald's, Starbucks, Daiso, a supermarket, pharmacy, stationery store, etc)
- a short taxi ride from Lat Krabang airport rail link

Cons:
- the toilet has a really strong sewer smell which was quite unbearable
- toilets in need of renovation (the white toilet door was yellowish and stained; the shower head holder was broken, the shower door could not close properly, the shower tiles were dirty)
- the spare pillows in the cupboard had no pillow cases over them
- no safe in the room
- no free wi-fi access (get the TrueWave prepaid SIM card from the airport. Only B299)
- no kettle in the room (they can loan you a kettle if you put a deposit with them)
- the swimming pool was really murky (you cannot see what's at the end of your hand if you stretch them out. Imagine not being able to see where you are going if you are swimming freestyle)
- Breakfast not worth 250 baht. You are better off at MacDonald's at the nearby Paseo Mall.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank holplanner

Dear holplanner:

I am a bit disappointed to learn upon your experience at this hotel. Due to the protest and demonstrations in the inner city, our hotel became fully booked during those times. The bathroom smell and spots are unacceptable in my opinion. Actions have been taken.

Wifi and internets are provided for guests to use but with a fee. The reason is turning on wifi to public slows down internet speed. This issue has happened before especially during high occupancy. There is a safe box provided down at the reception area for guests to use. There are not water kettle in the room but we provide hot water kettle down near the first floor by the pool table considering this is a transit hotel therefore having a kettle in each room will have very few usage.

Again I apologize for dissatisfaction. Please note that any further dissatisfaction regarding your stay I apologize for and that you may inform me therefore we will improve for your next stay. Your critiques are important to our improvements and we would enjoy the pleasure of having you as a regular guest.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I'm a regular with Bangkok stop overs so don't have high expectations of these types of hotels. However, I recently found The Cottage, have returned three times since, and will make it my regular stop over. The staff are keen to please (unusual for a stop-over hotel as repeat business is not normally the priority), and are very welcoming and attentive. The pick up service did what it said on the tin. The food is also OK, not spectacular, and the Thai food is tailored to a Western market, but the burger was surprisingly very good. So much so I actually found myself looking forward to it on the drive to the hotel on my second trip. The hotel isn't as beautiful as the photographer achieves, but it's more than pleasant and very comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear LaosLife:

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel as a whole was untidy and unclean. There was a lot of dust in our rooms and the bathroom tiles were quite stained. There was a leak in the toilet so there was a pool of water in the morning. They charged you for internet, nobody charges for internet anymore, this was not cool. The restaurant was fine, not great but did the job. Overall, it was handy for a one night stay beside the airport but I'll be staying somewhere else next time.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear :

I am a bit disappointed to learn upon your dissatisfaction of the hotel. Dusts inside guests' rooms are unacceptable. Toilet leakage is something new that I have not encounter before. I would like to thank you for informing me upon this matter as I will take action. As for wifi, I have discussed this issue with board members and will do our best to change this issue in the future. Please note that turning wifi to public may slow down internet speed due to the high amount of people using.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

They will ship you out to catch your flight any time of night (a 10 minute ride indeed). This was an impulse choice: after a long commute we decided there was no way we could hang around the airport until 4 am to board our plane, so we called from the road and got a 1,400 baht room walk-in "deal" that included the airport shuttle. After being lured by a photo of their pool we were a bit surprised to find it closed at 9:30 p.m., another stingy move is that they are still charging for Wi-Fi access like they did in Thailand 5 years ago. But when you're tired, these things matter less than a bed and a painless trip to the airport. To finish on a more positive note, they have a huge shopping plaza nearby, that includes a supermarket, clothing, pharmacy, McDonald's and typical food stalls, where you can do your last minute shopping before you're embraced by the airport duty free or just wander around there to kill some time.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stefan-mow:

As for the pool being closed at 9:30 pm, the reason for there have been complaints by other guests therefore we had to close it down at that time in order not to disturb other guests. Charges indeed apply for wifi. We will change that as well. Please note that turning wifi to public may slow down internet speed for all users.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We took a room for us and our 2 small kids, just one night, before taking our flight back to Europe. We really recommend this hotel: clean, nice, quiet, comfortable, with a private minibus to the airport (10-15mn away) and last but not least: a very nice and clean swimming pool. It felt so good and so refreshing to swim after a long journey. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They prepared delicious breakfast boxes for us early in the morning. And at the end of the street (2mn away), you will find a very authentic thai/chinese restaurant with delicious dishes and friendly staff. Great stopover accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Flore-VNorvege:

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel only for one night as a stop-over.
After some difficulties with booking and getting a confirmation, also for the taxi pick-up from the airport (difficult communication by telephone, e-mails came popping back), everything was fine at the end.
Someone from the hotel was waiting with a name plate and brought us to the hotel which was about a 15 min car ride. The staff was very friendly.
The room itself was spacious with a small balcony and a big comfortable bed. We did not try the restaurant.
Also the wake-up call and taxi transport in the early morning the next day went fine. The shuttle from and to the airport was included in the room rate.

It was a good and economical choice for this purpose given its proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple