“seafood is fresh of course”
Review of Somboon Seafood

Somboon Seafood
Ranked #223 of 10,789 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bangkok, Thailand
“seafood is fresh of course”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

They have many branches, the best one is near MBK.
They cook different, second choose is near Huai Khwang.
All kind of shrimps are very good, the curry crab is a must.
Good thai seafood restaurant, price reasonable.

Visited June 2013

• Thai first
Toronto, Canada
“Seafood were not fresh”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant because I wanted to try curry crab in Bangkok and this is recommended in my tour guide book. I just went to this restaurant last night and we were disappointed on all the dishes we tried. Basically, none of the seafood we tried were fresh (or at least it didn't taste fresh). The curry crab was nothing special, I guess it was the better dish out of the 3 we tried. The scallops were very disappointing! It was smaller than half of my nail and it just tasted bland with a non descriptive taste. All their food was not very hot! The oysters didn't taste fresh too! Basically, their food was bad quality, not fresh and disguise in lashings of sauces. In addition, please check your bills. I ordered 3 oysters for 3 people and there were 4 out! When I told them I ordered 3 and not 4, they seemed or pretended they didn't know English and walked away! I didn't complain because it was only 70 baht. When the bill came, there are a few miscellaneous additional charges, such as rich, etc.... In summary, I regretted I spent 1 dinner opportunity here since I could only try 3 dinners during my short stay in Bangkok. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank WahWah1
Kempton Park, South Africa
“Fantastic and highly recommended”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This restaurant was highly recommended by friends who regularly visit Bangkok, and have for many years.

We found that there was a Somboon branch near the National Stadium which was within walking distance from our hotel so decided to give it a try as we really enjoy seafood.

The restaurant is large and comprises of two floors and was packed with local families the evening we visited.
We were shown to a table and given menus with a huge variety of dishes; we opted for a variety of different dishes to share. There were also meat dishes on the menu for the non seafood eaters.

The garlic prawns were amazing – nice large size, fresh and cooked to perfection – delicious is the only way sum it up. We also tried the grilled scallops, and once again fantastic. All the other dishes we ordered were also very good. The prices were also very good for the quality of the seafood.
Although the restaurant was very busy, the service was fast and friendly, and most of the staff spoke relatively good English.

The style of dining is very informal with no fancy table settings and trimmings – just good food to tuck into and enjoy in a good clean environment.
This is definitely a restaurant where I would eat again when in Bangkok and would not hesitate to recommend.

On the ground level there was also a variety of fresh live seafood – mostly crabs in baskets and fish in tanks – to buy and take home.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank M_Bloemhof
Manila
“Great Seafood!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This unpretentious seafood restaurant just gives you the freshest seafood without the frills. The curry crab is delish! The grouper with holy basil was very fresh. We also had the river prawns with noodles but that was a bit dry and ordinary. All in all, the price, service, and the food will make you come back for more.

Visited September 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Expensive!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very expensive and the fish is not so good. The only good dish was the crab with curry. All the other dishes that we ordered were poor, not tasty an all and really expensive.
Don't go!