“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL”
Review of Tour with Tong

Tour with Tong
Ranked #1 of 208 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Experiences through a local's eyes...with our qualified, friendly, honest, informative private tour guides...who make your visit privileged and personalized in our expert's hands....
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Brisbane
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I decided to book the Tiger Temple tour with Tours with Tong because of the highly rated reviews on TA. I obtained two quotes one from TWT and another with a different company. I decided to book with Tong anyway and as per other reviews I did experience some delay in emails and booking instructions. The initial quote and answers to my questions however was prompt and fast response. I persisted in emailing and facebooking TWT on my booking and payment. It was my first trip to Thailand so I didn't expect the English to be so good, but in all emails and responses Tong was professional, clear and concise.

I booked the morning Tiger Tour and it was an extremely early 4am start - but well worth it. Kung was my tour guide and she was amazing. She was professional, on time, clear, concise, well mannered and always providing me with knowledge and tips for getting around Thailand. Kung was an excellent guide and always looking out for my best interests on and beyond the tour. The tour included a private car and a driver who was with the same company so the car was with us the whole tour and was luxurious and trustworthy.

Due to the religious nature of this tour Kung was helpful in her instructions and patient in answering my many questions. She always looked out for us first during the tour and made us feel very comfortable and always made sure that we were having an unbelievable time.

I would highly recommend this company for all visitors to Thailand and I wouldn't even look anywhere else.

• Hebrew first
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Based on the favorable feedback on TWT, i decided to contact her and asked them to handle our private tour. Unlike some TAs, i did experience some delay via email but i just persisted and at times called Tong via phone. At the end of the day, made my downpayment via paypal and we're set. what i'd like about Tong is how they really go out of their way to accommodate your request. i had to make a switch on the dates of the tour when I arrived at Bangkok and Tong accommodated us. We booked 2 tours with Tong - the city tour and the Tiger Temple, floating market and elephant bath. Hands down, our favorite was the Elephant Bath. We were hesitant to do the elephant bath as we didn't want to get wet and we thought that the river might be dirty etc etc. But we're so happy that Lily convinced us to do it and it was by far the highlight of the day. It was a running fresh water river and the water was very clear. Lily was wonderful. Loved how she takes really good care of her clients. She was our tour guide, camera lady, story teller and even bag lady as there were places where we had to leave all our bags with her. You can really see how passionate Lily was about her job. I'm definitely going back to Bangkok as there are still so many things i have not seen. I will make sure to call Tong again for my next tour.

1 Thank MrsKanga
Orange County
“Fantastic Experience of Bangkok!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our tour guide Daeng was prompt and professional for both days of our scheduled tours. This was our first trip to Bangkok and really had no idea of what to do in the city. Daeng introduced us to a good blend of tourist attractions and local scenes. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a wonderful vacation.

Miami Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Important to know”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I hired the services of this company, and there are some pointers I would like to share with you.

I´ll start by saying this; Service was great! Be sure to ask for Pook (or Pooky as we call her) She is just the best tour guide in the world. She took care of us and always had a smile to offer. Super professional and well prepared.

Ok, so about the tips.

First of all, it is important to understand that this is not a proper tour that you are hiring. This is a Tour Guide Company that sends a tour guide to your hotel (with or without a car) and the guide suggests you different tours available, depending on your desires, the length of your stay and budget. The tour guide can come with you in public transport such as train, or taxi.

This company also offers a car device which we also found in good rates and definitely good value.

We did both options, one day with and the there without a car and it was just perfect.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tour with Tong”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I booked a tour with Tong based on the trip advisor ratings and were very impressed. We paid the deposit via paypal and Tong confirmed payment and the booking via email. The tour was booked for the 6th May 2012.

The tour guide - Kung - arrived promptly at our hotel and we had a very informative and enjoyable day. Her English is very good and she is a mine of information. We were taken to the Train Market, the floating market and the Tiger Temple. At the train market Kung went out of her way to describe all the types of food on display and made sure we had a good experience. She has a very good sense of humour and is always ready to provide information on surrounding areas as well as details on the customs of the Thai people.

The tour to the Tiger temple was great and after the tour Kung took us to a restaurant where we had a delicious Thai lunch - served by Kung herself!

We highly recommend Tong tours and especially Kung for touring in Bangkok.

1 Thank Mari-AnneBed