“Superb service and excellent room / location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Akyra Thonglor Bangkok

Akyra Thonglor Bangkok
Ranked #196 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Melaka, Malaysia
“Superb service and excellent room / location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My daughter was on a semester break and wanted to go to Thailand so I booked online based on other tripadvisor revues. I opted for the limo pick up option at the airport and added this into the room costs and I received an email on where to meet the driver and also a personal tel call from the suites to confirm I was arriving on the particular flight and time. This is service you sometimes do not receive even from 5 start hotels so first impressions were great. We were picked up and had a nice ride in even though it was quite late in the evening (around 8:30pm) and upon reaching the Pan Pacific we were greeted with the sight of 3 Ferrari's and 1 Lamborghini outside the main entrance as there was some sort of meet of supercars (my daughter had to take some selfies :-). The check in staff were so welcoming and polite (which is the Thai culture) and were very proficient in English and explained what facilities we would have in the room (before we even reached it). Room was quite big with a nice kitchenette area with all the utensils you would need (if you intended to cook) and a huge sunken bath (made good use of this during the stay). Bed was firm but not too hard and you had the option of a pillow menu but to be honest the provided pillows were perfect. We booked with breakfast and had a very nice selection (not too grand) which filled us perfectly for the day ahead. The suites provide a complimentary shuttle to the nearest BTS (overheard light train transport) station which is THE way to travel. We visited the huge weekend market on Sunday (more than 2000 stalls) and spent 6 hours shopping for....well anything you want really (I would recommend this if you are there for the weekend). The staff could recommend various places for dinner within walking distances and all were local Thai style (our request to eat local) rather than the hotdog place opposite. For unwinding before bed there is a convenient Irish pub at the rear which is very reasonably priced with excellent staff and a cool place to relax. Whether I return for pleasure or indeed a business trip O would definitely like to stay again at the Pan Pacific Suites...simple excellent and deservedly a 5 star.

Room Tip: The 10th floor has a lounge and gym where there is a pool table to have a bit of fun and there is no...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear “Bedrock”,

What a great review! The suites really have suited your needs perfectly. We have many families stay with us both for long stays and shorter trips and the benefit each time, as we are told, is the increased space that is available in the self contained apartments, as well as the ease of life due to the location.

I just wish we could promise Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s every time!

The Team at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Whistler, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I loved the layout of the suites, they were large with an amazing view of the city. The bathroom was large with a tub.
The roof top pool had to be my favorite especially during the evening with all the city lights.
All staff we encountered were friendly.
There was a grocery and liquor store within the same building, and great Thai restaurant just out front.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HLB005
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear “HLB005”,

We are delighted that you loved staying with us!

Thank you for your feedback. Admittedly we think the swimming pool is also quite stunning especially as the sun goes down and you can look out over the city as it lights up. It’s a beautiful space to relax and take it easy.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Jakarta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was convenient and that's the plus that I'm looking for. Otherwise, better options around. Forget about the breakfast. Better options at the mall. Service staffs are impeccable, which makes up for it being a good hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

2 Thank Steven C
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear “Steven C”,

Thank you for your feedback and as always we are delighted to hear directly from our guests following their stay with us.

Convenience is most definitely a plus point, especially in a busy city! Convenience of location as well as the property being located above a Shopping Mall, it all comes together to make our location ideal.

I acknowledge your comments about breakfast. Next time you visit please do have a chat with the service staff. The Breakfast Team led by Khun Toi and the chefs are always happy to cook something specifically for you, even if it is not on the buffet. And if it is something that everyone else would also enjoy we would always consider making it a permanent menu item!

With our best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The people working here are the perfect example of warm hospitality. The moment you stepped in the hotel and they greeted you, they will really make you feel at home and comfortable. Spacious room and well equipped kitchenette. Nice pool area as well. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

1 Thank Charmagne M
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear “Charmagne M”,

Thank you very much for your feedback here in Trip Advisor! “Amazing Hospitality” is definitely something that we can be proud of and we thank you for sharing on your experience.

We are also pleased you enjoyed the facilities, especially the pool…it really is quite beautiful….elegant in design, with views of the area, and generally a peaceful place where you can relax after a busy day in Bangkok!

Do come and visit us again soon!

Regards from the Team at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Bangkok
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friend and I shared a room here in November for our pre and post trip plans and it was a nice treat to relax in some luxury after allot of traveling. the service is top notch as with all pan pacific hotels and I will be back for sure. The only downside is that most cabbies don't have a clue where it is. I would recommend getting the staff to write the address in thai so that you can give it to the drivers when you want to go back to the hotel. The nice thing is that they have a shuttle to the sky train although it's too bad it doesn't run more frequently. anyway, cabs are not expensive so it's not a big deal. the room was large and modern and clean. I am giving 5 stars because of an ultimate above and beyond experience I had while checking into my flight to return home. I forgot my paintings in my room and when I realized this I called the hotel right away to have them send it back to me via courier at my expense. The lady on the phone asked me when my flight departed and then promptly offered to have the bellman get in a cab and drop it off for me. the airport is 30-45 minutes away! Are you kidding me?! All I had to do was pay his $15 cab fare and a tip which I was MORE than happy to do. I could not believe they even offered this. I have never in my life experienced such an above and beyond type of service. Well done to your team and your amazing bellman who took over an hour and half of his time to sit in a taxi to return my paintings. The cute thing was that they even brought us the beer we left in the fridge. Talk about a good way to de-stress!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear “Mar5hall”,

We love this review! Our Front Office Team is so delighted that their extra efforts were appreciated! We could have waited to post it to you, however, if we can resolve something straight away it is great for everyone. We hope you had a great three week holiday and come back to Thailand again soon.

The Team at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Pan Pacific is one of a couple of serviced apartment we usually stay when in Bangkok. I am always pleasantly surprised to see that the level of service never changes. A very big thanks to the staff who kindly upgraded us to a 2BR room, our kids are little and normally sleep on the lounge (which is big and comfy) but I guess as we arrived on a public holiday they decided to give us an extra room. Great location, great people... just great, I can't think of anything I didn't like. Keep up the good work!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear “ArtisianAdelaide”,

Thank you very much for the positive review. I think you have just summed up the strength of staying in a serviced apartment over a hotel….space! Even more so when you are travelling with a family, however also when you are going to be in town for anything more than a night.

We are really pleased you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Nice and spacious rooms.
Very good breakfast with many options including: Thai food, omelets, all different types of eggs, pancakes etc.
Nice gym and swimming pool.

Small shopping mall just next to the hotel. Many restaurants in the neighborhood.

I recommend for business trip!

Very nice staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank roobic
GM_Pan_Pacific, General Manager at Akyra Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear “roobic”,

Thank you for your review. We can do as much PR as we can however there is nothing better than hearing the opinion of someone who has stayed with us and can share a real experience. So, thank you for taking time out to share your thoughts!

Thonglor is getting more and more exciting with a fabulous choice of restaurants….next time you stay I am sure we can recommend many more for you to try!