All reviews nana plaza tuk tuk night life dvd player travel desk swimming pool clean rooms sukhumvit area budget hotel main road skytrain nightlife cons
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel has a great and quiet location (approximately 5 mns walking from Nana or Phloenchit station), great swimming pool for an early swim before a nice breakfast. Rooms are quite big, confortable and furthermore, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Concierges helped me to carry a huge quantity of boxes first to my room and the day after to a taxi (mini van). I didn't have to request, they just came to help spontaneously when they saw me with the loading. I will definitely go back there everytime I will be in Bangkok for business. Very good value, even quite cheap for the standing!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A mate and I stayed in two rooms at the Boss Suites because we were unable to get rooms in our favourite hotel, the Phachara Suites. Overall we had a good stay for the price we paid especially when booked through Agoda.com using their Insider Deals promotion (80% off). The hotel is pretty much what you would expect from a 3/4 star hotel in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. The rooms were ok in size, but clean, well appointed and with a quirky bathroom. We stayed in block B which is more modern than block A, but the decor was still in need of a bit of a touch up, but for the price we paid it was difficult to find fault. The air con was of the old enclosed type and was a bit difficult to control and noisy, however I gave it a good whack which sorted it out. The hotel staff were friendly, the checking in and out quick and efficient, and the guys on the door were very good. We didn't eat at the hotel as we prefer to eat out and there is an abundance of Street food places, cafes and restaurants very nearby. The security seemed a little bit lax, as while the hotel was guest friendly, it was necessary to present your 'friend' to the reception desk in order for ID to be taken, otherwise there was no check on your guest which could cause all sorts of problems, but I suppose it is ultimately your responsibility to do this as the hotel can't be expected to police to comings and goings of all its guests. Also on a security note, the hotel is down a long dark alley, at the quiet end of the very busy Nana Road so some may find it intimidating after dark, but using a taxi or tuk tuk negates this problem. All in all would I stay at the Boss again, not withstanding the distance from Sukhumvit Road and the BTS Nana, Maybe, but I would shop around for a better deal and maybe spend a few more pounds for a more central location.

Room Tip: Go for Block B if available, they are more modern
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a lot of hotels in the area I decided I didn't want the old musky usual so went for a newer place.
I opted for a deluxe room

I was not disappointed at all, lovely big rooms, all mod cons, great bed and a voyeuristic shower that was right up my street.
Talking of streets, it is a bit of a walk to the nana plaza and station but that is all part of the experience.

Only downside was the breakfast, it's buffet style, lots of choice but the baked beans and eggs were cold. . Everyday

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank furne55
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I book on Agoda and I got here early and they asked me to sleep in the lobby where hookers walked by and screened at the Johns . I tried to check in the room but the lack of English with the check in guy was very just flat crazy . So if u want to deal with a crazy front desk guy that speaks no English and changes his mind 5 times in one min. When I walked in it was like a street bargain 1700bt 16bt 15bt on down to 1100bt so I finally get him to give me the price on Agoda and then he change his mind . It's mad I say . The hotel had to pay booking sights 10 to 15 % of fee and I had to pay 10% as well so why not cut out the booking company and just let me pay the hotel same price . This guy is dumb as a sack of rocks. So I booked threw Agoda and now he want me to wait to check in . Yes wait as me and my young wife sit and watch this place that looks very nice turn in to a good old Bangkok hooker house .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Decided to return to this hotel following a brief stay last year. Great value hotel - many other hotels in the area for a similar price appear not to be of the same standard. Staff very helpful - checking in and out was effortless. The hotel is located at the end of Soi 4 which is a very busy street but thankfully it is far enough away to avoid the loud noise at night. A free shuttle to the end of the street is provided - this is where you will find the BTS sky train which is the best way to travel quickly around Bangkok in my opinion. So in terms of location it is great. This combined with smart, spacious and modern rooms means that the Boss Suites Hotel is a great choice for a traveler on a budget but also looking for quality. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends