All reviewsnana plazatuk tuknight lifedvd playertravel deskswimming poolclean roomssukhumvit areabudget hotelmain roadskytrainnightlifecons
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Hotel was clean, but the service was very poor
Staff did not seem interested and had poor english skills
Room was clean and nice
Pool was a disapointment as it was covered
24 hour spa avaialble which is great to have massage before you go to bed

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline K
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Breakfast was average, no pastries, cold potatoes
The Gym clearly lacks attention, the equipment is squeaky.
The Pool is okay despite some stuff floating in the water, not necessarily really bad but it reflects again a lack of care.
The Deluxe rooms are spacious and comfortable but it look a bit tired with some marks on the wooden door, an old hot water system in the bathroom.
Building and reception still look good
Staff very friendly and helpful
Hotel need some maintenance investment to keep up with competition
Got 50 off through Agoda so about AUD50 including taxes which is fine

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel has a great and quiet location (approximately 5 mns walking from Nana or Phloenchit station), great swimming pool for an early swim before a nice breakfast. Rooms are quite big, confortable and furthermore, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Concierges helped me to carry a huge quantity of boxes first to my room and the day after to a taxi (mini van). I didn't have to request, they just came to help spontaneously when they saw me with the loading. I will definitely go back there everytime I will be in Bangkok for business. Very good value, even quite cheap for the standing!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A mate and I stayed in two rooms at the Boss Suites because we were unable to get rooms in our favourite hotel, the Phachara Suites. Overall we had a good stay for the price we paid especially when booked through Agoda.com using their Insider Deals promotion (80% off). The hotel is pretty much what you would expect from a 3/4 star hotel in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. The rooms were ok in size, but clean, well appointed and with a quirky bathroom. We stayed in block B which is more modern than block A, but the decor was still in need of a bit of a touch up, but for the price we paid it was difficult to find fault. The air con was of the old enclosed type and was a bit difficult to control and noisy, however I gave it a good whack which sorted it out. The hotel staff were friendly, the checking in and out quick and efficient, and the guys on the door were very good. We didn't eat at the hotel as we prefer to eat out and there is an abundance of Street food places, cafes and restaurants very nearby. The security seemed a little bit lax, as while the hotel was guest friendly, it was necessary to present your 'friend' to the reception desk in order for ID to be taken, otherwise there was no check on your guest which could cause all sorts of problems, but I suppose it is ultimately your responsibility to do this as the hotel can't be expected to police to comings and goings of all its guests. Also on a security note, the hotel is down a long dark alley, at the quiet end of the very busy Nana Road so some may find it intimidating after dark, but using a taxi or tuk tuk negates this problem. All in all would I stay at the Boss again, not withstanding the distance from Sukhumvit Road and the BTS Nana, Maybe, but I would shop around for a better deal and maybe spend a few more pounds for a more central location.

Room Tip: Go for Block B if available, they are more modern
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at a lot of hotels in the area I decided I didn't want the old musky usual so went for a newer place.
I opted for a deluxe room

I was not disappointed at all, lovely big rooms, all mod cons, great bed and a voyeuristic shower that was right up my street.
Talking of streets, it is a bit of a walk to the nana plaza and station but that is all part of the experience.

Only downside was the breakfast, it's buffet style, lots of choice but the baked beans and eggs were cold. . Everyday

• Stayed: February 2014