“Bad maintain. Not clean.”
Review of Boss Suites

Boss Suites
Ranked #728 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is not clean. Cockroaches in the room. Broken shower. Didn't have hot water so I had to change room. If I summarize it all: not clean, old rooms, un maintain properly .
It used to be good hotel 5 yrs ago, but I suppose this hotel was neglected by the owners the last few years.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank icepick111

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here during Songkran.. it is a nice clean hotel with some really good value accommodation deals - if you don't mind a long walk down Soi 4 - then you will be treated to a good quality hotel within the mid priced range. Book ahead for some excellent room promotions.. The lobby is a rather strange layout.. but the rooms are good and clean. I would not stay here again only for the distance to the main Sukhumvit area - but would recommend to those travelling in a group seeking a budget stay. Make sure you book a taxi to get out to the main road.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the taxi in advance.. normally at night there is a taxi driver waiting for fares...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Don E
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Next door to the hotel that I normally use this hotel is equally as good as the Woraburi and just as convinient for Nana. Quite surprised by some of the poor reviews as the hotel is inexpensive and adequate for a short city break. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Graham S
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Booked at the Boss Suites for two nights, was going to stay longer but found the hotel a bit old and not to welcoming.
The hotel it's self had seen better days and the room I booked which was supposed to be the best on offer, was very dark and used.
The staff working there really did not seem to want to be there.
But they were ok.
The pool area was a let down as the sun chairs had big holes in them, it was if the hotel has forgotten they have a pool area.
But on a brighter note the hotel was close to most of the bars and shopping in that area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel was a big let down, i cannot understand the Certificate of Excellence 2013 is has been awarded by Trip Advisor. We booked this for our one night stay in Bangkok and were disappointed from the minute we walked in the door. Staff were very slow, no rush on anyone.
Rooms:
The shower was disgusting, really bad smell coming from the shower, would not step foot into it!
Bed was as hard as a rock
The hotel looks modern but has been fitted with cheap fixtures and fittings which have started to wear and look very tired.
Breakfast:
Do not touch the breakfast, we went down around 7.30am and everything was freezing cold, worst breakfast we had in Thailand during our 10 night stay. Very surprised i wasnt sick after it but was probably because i stuck to toast as nothing else was edible.
Finally got to checkout time which again seemed to take forever, we needed to get a taxi to the airport. There was a taxi man outside who wanted to charge us double what we paid to get to the hotel from the airport the day before. We declined and he starting yelling at us in thai. When we did get a taxi, he again starting yelling and tried to move on our taxi so we would again be left to try and flag down another one. Complained to reception about his taxi man abusing us outside their front door, he just laughed, so unprofessional. Will advise anyone to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room B210 bathroom was smelly and the room was dark. In room B311 there were roaches (killed 2 and 1 is still in the fridge). Currently in room B315, the room is alright but the aircond is making a very loud noise (have to set it on low fan to keep it quiet).

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank ZRGUN
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I came across this Hotel while looking for a guest friendly hotels in Soi Nana Sukhumvit. I noticed it kept popping up on many blogs and for the price ($54 a night), I thought I'd give it a shot. There was a total of 6 rooms booked and 7 guests for 2 nights (2 guests) and 1 night (5 Guests).

The photos looked great and the reviews and location seemed ok. I was tossing up between this and the Dynasty Grande. So we ended up all booking here and I arrived at about midday. Check In was fine, not to much hassle and was conveniently put across the hall from 1 of my travel companions. I also requested another 4 rooms near by for my other travelling companions who arrived the following day.

I arrived at my room was descent sized, modern-ish with visible wear and tear. Had a few dramas working out the electronic hot water service which isn't great. Shower leaked heavily with the positioning of the shower head. Lucky for the floor waste gully.
Went down stairs for a swim and pool was very dirty, but still swimmable. Gym wasn't really a gym. Just a room with some basic and broken exercising equipment. Free shuttle tuk tuk to Nana Plaza. First Day was overly good.

Day 2 was just a nightmare. Breakfast was horrendous, for these the so called buffet of about 5 choices and some other break fast items, there was very limited supply of food available. Followed by the staff closing the pool for a few hours that turned in all day, which frustrated me as my travelling companions arrived from a 3 hour drive expecting a swim and not being able to. The hotel staff were very rude about this and kept brushing us aside. Then my safe broke down and had to get staff to manually open it and was told i could no longer use it.

Overall this is another case of you get what you pay for. I went for a budget hotel @ $54 bux for 2 nights which you really can't complain about. I'll probably pay a bit more next time and get a better joint if I stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends