“Good Indian food and not good service”
Review of Cafe 11

Cafe 11
Ranked #1,519 of 11,177 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Dine alfresco alongside bustling Sukhumvit 11 or in air-conditioned comfort at Cafe 11, which offers a wonderfully varied selection of food ranging from cosmopolitan dishes to intriguing local favorites. Breakfast is a sumptuous buffet style affair with everything from eggs and bacon, Indian breads and curries and Asian dishes, to cereals and fresh fruit. Cafe 11 is a multi-cuisine restaurant , Serving wide range of international food such as European,Thai,Indian,Chinese,Burgers, steaks and sandwiches.Food last order at 11pm. Terrace is the outdoor seating part of the restaurant open everyday until late night , offers full drinks options from ice chilled beer,exotic cocktails , new and old world wines. Guest can join all day long beverage promotions such as Beer buy 2+1free , Cocktail buy 1+1free and 15% discount on bottle of wine.
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Good Indian food. Chef Sandeep is excellent in hos job. Dal makhani was very good. Visit this restaurant only when you have enough time since service takes time after order.

There are newer reviews for Cafe 11

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nothing distinct about this restaurant. In a hotel lobby, with good AC (when you are pouring sweat, it is a nice respite). The decore is cool and the food is decent. But I can't rate it anything but average.

It is overpriced, and service is not attentive. The only thing you get is convenience and reliable AC.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

This was our last meal in town and we ordered eggs and a Kebab. I told the waiter several times I would need the food fairly fast (in less than 20 minutes) and he said "no problem." After 40 minutes I let him know the urgency and he checked the kitchen and my meal was sitting there... paying for the meal was another 5 minute experience and I was right at the register LOL. The meal was good.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

This restaurant is a part of Grand President.We had our buffet breakfast all the four days of our stay here only..The Indian cuisine is really not upto the mark.The thai cuisine was fine.The best part was tom yum khum soup.It ws very delicious.Rest the ambience is just fine.The staff is courteous,always welcoming you with a smile.One waiteress was really shrewd as I thought later that communication problem would had been the main reason.The fresh fruit platter was the best part.

Reviewed 26 December 2010

Café 11 is the dining facility that belongs to Hotel Grand President. Few years back, I stayed at the Grand President and had reviewed the hotel for its poor quality and service. In my extensive travel encounters I use the following golden rule that has never proved me wrong when it comes to selecting a restaurant. The golden rule would be the initial acknowledgement/greeting upon walking in, the feeling of acceptance and the organization skills. In addition a clean rest room is an indication that the establishment is clean and well managed.
I walked into Café 11 and the waitress in my section saw me but did not acknowledge my presence. The dining room had 2 tables besides me during this time and her section only had 1 table to attend. A waiter from across the hall saw me sitting unattended and walked across to take my order. On this occasion, I did not follow my own golden rule and walk away. Instead I took a chance and placed my order.
The waitress covering my section brought me the wrong tea and I did not get a chance to flag her down. After the order was taken you are completely ignored as the waitresses are chatting among themselves. The main course was served late and the food was cold. Without me stating any complaints the waitress was apologizing for taking so long and this was due to her forgetting me the customer and my order. My only response to her was that you served me the wrong tea and she returned back with the correct tea.
After finishing my meal, I could not find any waitress in sight and hence had to approach the cashier to pay my bill. I was charged for 2 cups of tea instead of 1 cup regardless of their mistake and the bill included a 10% service charge to the total. I agree with the other reviewers and would give this place a low rating for bad service and average food at five star hotel prices.

2  Thank jmocha