“A poorly maintained Hotel in the heart of Sukhumvit”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1
Ranked #200 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
“A poorly maintained Hotel in the heart of Sukhumvit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The location of the hotel is quite strategic which is located along Thonglor main road an Sukhumvit Soi 53. The only thing that I was surprised of is the condition of the hotel which is poorly maintained. The interior and the design of the hotel was nice but there were some of the furniture and walls that has aged. The staffs was great and helpful. Salil need a makeover and some pimpin'!

Room Tip: Any clean room is a good room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank StevoCCC
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear StevoCCC

Thank you very much for you choice salil hotel thonglor in your rest, you feed back very an encourage us team in the next travel you can to book through hotel directly to get special beneficial offer via email infosl2@salilhotel.com

Nancy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a very pleasant 4 night stay at The Salil Thonglor. Check-in was a breeze and all the staff that I dealt with during my stay we're very kind and hospitable - always greeting me with a smile whenever the saw me.

I stayed in the new building, with the conference centre on the first floor. My room was located on the top floor (4th) and was advised by staff that there is no lift that that building. This didn't bother me in the slightest. What I really wanted was a place of calm to relax. The other building faces the cafe and the pool, and has a lift. I can't comment on that building or how noisy it is, but I suspect it would not be too bad.

The room was wonderfully spacious, with very comfortable pillows, and a small balcony with a view over the city. It was great to come back everyday from exploring the city/shopping and to run a bath to just soak in and unwind. The rooms very made consistently everyday and was very clean.

The hotel is centrally located and there are many great restaurants, shops and massage parlours nearby. The best thing is that the BTS sky train is just around the corner, which made commuting to the best shopping locations a breeze. You can also take the sky train on the same line to the airport link or to the Chatuchak Weekend Markets, without changing.

Many thanks to all the staff and hope to see you again soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear vertacarnalis

Thank you very much for your kindness support at Salil Hotel thonglor during visit in Bangkok. You comment made us to encourage staff to keep remainding great hospitality service, We appreciate for your satisfied during stay and sharing you experience through website.

We would like to welcome you and your family with our best hospitality service in the nearest.

Should you have any further queries or more information please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience.

Thai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I came here with my family we are request for connecting room but on that day staff told me room not available, but we book 4 months ago, however manager upgrade room for me, room very fantastic for us.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear kanchanapen

Thank you very much for you choice salil hotel thonglor in your rest, you feed back very an encourage us team to keep consistency best hospitality service provided.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Very good service and clean place, staff is friendly i'll be back and again next time

• Stayed December 2013
Dear nobuak

Thank you very much for you adviced feed back during stay, you comment will distribute to our staffs, the best service will keep maintain .

We hopefully you will trust us service to serve you in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel Salil Bangkok Thailand 22nd April till 8th May, 2014.
Hotel Salil is well locoted near the thonglor BTS. The service, Cleanliness & Breakfast is quite nice. Their Tuk Tuk & Pick up from the BTS is a boon to travellors.

But my stay was made more comfortable by the outstanding service by Mr. Apple, the Bell Captain, Who was always Smiling, & ready to assist you.

Service by Mr. Kanda & Boss was also very good & helpful.

Zeba Kohli.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SalilManagement, Customer Service Team at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, 20 June 2014

Best Regards,

Customer Service Team
hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice clean small boutique hotel in a quiet Soi off Sukhumvit.
Close to 55 with all the bars, restaurants and night life etc
I used the 55 / 1 hotel there are apparently others
I will use it again as I need to work in that area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear goodlookinHongK

Thank you very much for you feed back and impressed our team service and hotel facilities provided, welcome back again in soonest.

Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I did in fact discover Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1 through Tripadvisor and boy, did the very good ratings and reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor not disappoint!

My family and I stayed at Salil Hotel for 7 nights for our first-ever trip to Thailand. When I first saw pictures of the hotel online I was already captivated by its true-to-being-a-boutique-hotel ambiance but of course I was still open to the fact that almost always, specially with hotel rooms that they always look better in pictures. But with Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, the hotel itself and the rooms look even better live.

Since the deal-breaker for me in a hotel would be in the ambiance and the decor of the place, already with Salil Hotel that was already a given but it just keeps getting better as their staff are very accommodating and not to mention, most of them speak good English. A special shout-out goes out to their staff Apple who was such a fun character who aside from was always there to accommodate us with our needs, he would always keep us entertained in his own way.

As for location, well, basically if you're a first-time tourist to Bangkok and like us, you plan to visit almost every tourist spot possible then, no hotel in Bangkok would be near enough. But for our experience we didn't find the location of our hotel a hassle at all plus the hotel offers a 24-hour tuk-tuk service to the BTS station which is like 7 minutes away.

So, would I recommend Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1? Definitely! Specially if you're all about details. Sure, there were very small things that I still found negative but the positive things I got from this hotel out-weigh all those tiny,tiny things. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kriziajeannine
SalilManagement, Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear kriziajeannine

thank you very much for choice me the rest you and high score rate advisedd in tripadvisor, we are very appreciated you met an experience as expectation of service provided, your feed back very encourage our staff to keep consistency hospitality service.

we would like warm welcome you and for family in the next future ,you can get a exclusive rate with any beneficial offer by booking through hotel directly, infosl2@salilhotel.com

Best Regards,