“Not really what it advertises !!”

Glitz Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #586 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I booked ahead for the best suite that the hotel advertised. It was not what I had expected.
The hotel is not so bad; I viewed other rooms as well and for the price it was reasonably good, but the problem is with the service.
The employees lie continuously. The Manager agreed to all my questions; such as do you have an elevator and the answer was yes. The hotel does not have an elevator. I requested the room on the second floor and the Manager via e-mail agreed. The suite is on the 3rd floor and there are no suites on the second floor. There was not enough water pressure in the shower and after complaining I was explained that in Bangkok that is a regular problem early in the morning and late in the evening as too many people use water. That is an outrageous lie! I have stayed in several hotels in Bangkok over a dozen trips to the city; this is the first time I was given this excuse. Later, the Receptionist apologized for lying and added he had no choice; the Manager tells them to say so. Do not leave your bags open or any change on the table; your change will be gone by the time you return. There is a safe but I think the housekeeping staff know the emergency safe combination incase you, the guest forget your password. Most hotels have an emergency combination that the reception or the Manager knows and can open for you.
The rooms are gradually deteriorating. The Manager who is never on-site is allowing the place to fall apart. In 7 days stay, I saw the Manager once who walked with an attitude that the hotel was doing you a favor for allowing you to stay there.
This place is a shame....location is great!! Close to Sky Train, Malls, entertainment; in fact, everything you go to Bangkok for is around the corner.
I was quite excited to stay there after looking at the photos and e-mail exchanges and the price. I found that I could stay in much better places for the same price in Bangkok. Take away all the lies (there were plenty more), clean up the place and it can be the hotel it originally intended to be. The breakfast staff are nice and very polite. The staff give you great reception each time they see you.You feel safe walking to the hotel at anytime of the night; it is a lively street.
The Management is failing; fix the little things that make a difference, hire a new Manager and all should be well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank hzy16c

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Depending on how you define location, the hotel was in a pretty good location. Although Glitz was located in an interesting area, complete with a great night market very nearby and BTS station about a 10-15min walk away, I was a little tired of the distance to and from the BTS station. That said, I realised we were actually very near the Hua Lamphong train station which was a big plus.

I was quite happy with the service provided. The guy on duty during the evenings was great. He did not understand English that well but he helped a great deal. Getting a taxi that went by the meter, tips on where to go and how to go, helping us with a blanket when my wife had a fever, just to name a few.

The rooms were a little worn as compared to the photos, just as someone else had commented. Nonetheless I thought they were still good value for money. Breakfast was very tasty and the old lady serving us was extremely pleasant. It made for a good start to each day we were there for!

If you dont mind walking a little to the BTS station, Glitz is located in a happening part of town and near the other major shopping areas. Definitely worth what you are paying for.

Room Tip: Since there is no passenger lift, please ask for rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richiemccaw
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed in May 2012 after leaving the BBB Inn after only one night. (see my reveiw of that)
This was a bit less expensive than BBB and I was shocked to find the Glitz 10 times better.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location as well.

Room Tip: Don't use their laundry service much too pricey. Use service right next door in garment/jewely...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed in Glitz hotel for few days and i had a nice time....receptionist is a very friendly but my favorite is a lady that serves breakfast ....area around the hotel is very lively Night market is five minute walk from the hotel...
I would recommend this hotel for sure ..

Room Tip: second floor room no 302 is a bit quite if you wanna a good night sleep
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T_b0neT
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Clean and tidy property with small but comfortable rooms. Low priced when I stayed there so overall value for money not bad. You have to walk up to the rooms as there is no elevator (for people but for your bags). Simple basic breakfast to get you some coffee in the morning

Very central to food, nightlife with friendly staff

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the hotel - no view but no noise either
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fwohl
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Really lovely staff - very helpful and polite. Was upgraded to a huge room - looks a little worn compared to the photos but was spotlessly clean. Plenty of towels in bathroom - and a jacuzzi bath!
Breakfast room tiny but food was delicious - bowl of fruit, individually cooked set menu ( western was fried rice, sausage, bacon, egg) plus tea/coffee and toast.
Would definitely head back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you print the map - the taxi I had from the airport was unsure where to go. Lots of stairs...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Happyinc
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel twice on our honeymoon and enjoyed both visits. The staff are all very welcoming and friendly... Especially the lady who serves breakfast.

As you'd expect there was absolutely no problem with us staying at the hotel as a gay couple and we were always treated with respect.

The room we got on our first stay was good but the one we got on our second visit was much better (I think this was a superior room). There was not much price difference between the rooms.

All the rooms have a safe and I'd strongly advise you to use this for your valuables.

The hotel is very close to the Sala Daeng metro which is handy and a stone's throw from the Mango Tree Restaurant which is VERY nice (book in advance). It is also very close to lots of gay and straight bars and shops.

Breakfast is good and HUGE- so much so we didn't need lunch. If you are veggie you might need to spell this out for them though.

Overall we were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012