“Really enjoyed it”

Ranked #60 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Brighton, England
“Really enjoyed it”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights and chosen based on TA reviews - really stood out from the rest.

Location
Location, as others mentioned, is on the end of one of the BTS lines but only a 7-10 minute walk to the station. At night, we gotten lost trying to find the hotel but do remember the way and the right turning etc.

Cleanliness
Very good for this, spotless in gacy

Rooms
Facilities included a library and computers with internet access. Wifi only had 2 bars in the rooms generally, sometimes 1. Thus, not great if you need a strong connection for skype or downloading. Some traffic noise from the main road outside though.

Service was very good overall. Perhaps we were spoiled by staying at Charming Hotel 2 (in Hanoi) recently, but it's not quite as good as that one. But, based on normal standards, still extremely good!

Excellent, includes breakfast for equiv. of 29gbp - 3 nights included a free transfer from airport. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank ChipPan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Going on Trip Advisor reviews I booked into this amazing hotel! I am so glad that I did. I had fallen ill before checking in and the second I stepped into Bangkok Loft Inn I was put well at ease. The staff were so caring and considerate, giving me lots of water and making sure I was alright, they even got me to an excellent hospital when I needed it. I can't thank the staff enough for their conscientious care, as a solo traveller being sick in an unfamiliar city can be nerve wracking but the staff at Bangkok Loft Inn made me feel like I had friends looking out for me. The rooms were well appointed and the free wifi was reliable and quick. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank AdventureSparrow
Mumbai
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I wants my holiday shud be wonderful.when I have decided my trip to Bangkok, I was not sure about the hotel stay so I started looking online for good hotel.I went acrress many hotels in Bangkok, But the locationwise & kind of facility which bangkok loft inn gave was amzing.
when I reached there the staff was very cooperative & when I have seen the rooms,it was having very nice interior.The food quality was excellent.Overall it was my memorable stay in Bangkok loft inn.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vipsh
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We picked this hotel due largely to the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, and let me tell you we were not disappointed!
First of all, and most importantly was the hospitality of the staff. Whenever we came in form a hot day's sightseeing in Bangkok they plied us with cool drinks, and if we sat down for a minute in the lobby juice or water would appear in a second. This was indicative of the whole establishment. Although we knew to be aware of the scams near the attractions, the mangeress of the hotel seemed to take personal affront to these scamsters targeting "her guests". It was sweet and touching to be cared about by a stranger in a far away place - a true Thai attitude.
The other great thing about the hotel is it's loaction near the Sky train. This made getting around this lovably chaotic city much easier, and Wong Wian station is a short walk around the corner. Using Sky train you can get easily onto the river bus, and up to the old city. Simples.
Also as the hotel is in Thonburi is on the "wrong" side of the river there are fewer tourists and the locals seem more helpful and there are none of the floating tuk-tuk drivers wanting to take you to that glass/gem shop. Although we didn't have a grasp of Thai, it was easy enough buying food nearby and everyone seemed strangely flattered if we chose to eat their food.
So that's three positives, what are the minuses? None quite frankly! The rooms themselves are big and clean, with a massive TV to catch up on the news back home, and there is free internet, and even a complimentary library. For any price that's good but at 27 quid a night, you just can't grumble. Breakfast too was fantastic, especially the lovely pork Congee (rice porridge).
But most of all it is the lovely staff who make this place. From the little night porter with his gappy grin who couldn't speak a word of English, but who just wanted to run himself ragged for you, to the free airport pick up, this hotel is a delight to stay at. Don't hesitate just pick it.
By the way the Royal Palace, Wat Pho and the Jim Thompson house are open all day all the time but as a new angle (to me in any event) beware of touts wearing false "police" uniforms.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank NeilHayz
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We were greeted with juice as soon as we got to the hotel. We got there very early and check in wasn't until noon. So they held our luggage for us. They gave us a map and told us how to use the BTS train. The BTS is just right around the corner a few blocks. We got on the train and headed to the mall to kill some time. When we got back they had our room ready and already had our luggage in the room. The rooms are awesome. The service is great. And you can't beat the value. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Near BTS Wong Wian Yai, this boutique hotel is very clean, new and most importantly value for money!!! Booked on agoda for first night and extended the stay for 1 more night for 1200 THB.
On both nights, they initiated whether I want breakfast to be packed as I have to leave early for my day trips out of Bangkok, and I agreed, the breakfast were sumptuous and delicious, sandwiches, fruits box, bottled water & pkt of juice!!
And the staffs were helpful as I asked them for advice on my trips etc... (:

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Lingzhen
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I arrived here yesterday and so far so good. The rooms are very comfortable. The service is great.

• Stayed May 2011