“A cheaper Bangkok option”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #58 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“A cheaper Bangkok option”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here overnight on a long haul transit flight, arriving early in the morning and departing the following afternoon. The hotel is clean, comfortable and basic and really all I needed. However, there were a few things lacking that other travellers had previously mentioned.

Many people have mentioned the amazingly friendly service. I must have come on the wrong days! The service I received was sufficient but nowhere near what I expect and know of Thai people.

The breakfast was fine. I wondered why others had a cooked breakfast when there wasn't anything cooked on the tables. Someone, whom I assume was staff (there was no way of telling as he was wearing jeans and a shirt hanging half in and half out) brought two plates of hot food into other diners. I asked him if I could have some and he said had I ordered. I said no one had told me about that, so I didn't get any. No big deal but maybe I should have been asked!

I used to live in Bangkok and still come here quite often. I thought the room was a good price but certainly not as cheap as others around BKK. The location, as many have said, is a bit of a draw back, especially when you are sleep deprived and don't really want to walk for miles to find something to eat. However, I made the trek into the city and made sure I ate before I came back to the hotel.

I slept well and the bed was firm but comfortable. There was a lot of noise in the corridors and from outside the hotel, even though I was at the back of the hotel (I am a light sleeper).

I would stay here again but would probably opt for somewhere in a better location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank KiwiThaiger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We were on our honeymoon and stayed at the hotel for 3 days. The hotel rooms are very good, clean and accomodation is great. But the thing that stands out is the hotel staff.. and their service...
Mainly Bob and the entire team helped us immensely explaining where to go n what to do..
Everytime we faced any problem with taxi we called up bob and he used to explain everything to the driver...
We had our flight 5 am in the morning and i was surprised to see them pack our breakfast and hand it to us... whenever we needed anything it was given to us..
the location of the hotel is exellent .. not too much near the main market yet not far.. we had no problem getting a cab to and fro..
In and all if i visit bangkok 10 times , i will look no further and stay here..

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and though few are near the road, yet we had no issues...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Piyal D
birmingham
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The decor and comfort of the room was similar to a 4 star hotel - flat screen TV with plenty english channels, lovely furniture and small touches like a box of tissues, tea/coffee facilities and free bottles of water really show how much they want you to enjoy your stay.

When we first arrived we were greeted like friends and given a welcome glass of orange juice and told a bit about the best things to see in Bangkok. Staff made sure to tell us how to keep safe and areas of the city where we had to watch out for pick pockets etc. Anything that you needed help with the staff were there immediatley.

There's a computer room with free internet and free printing too - great for boarding cards.

The locaction is just a few minutes walk to the sky train - which is around £2.50 for a day ticket, although the skytrain does not run everywhere in the city. When they hail a tuk tuk for you they get a much better price than a westener could get - a good idea is to get the correct money out while the hotel staff are there to ensure that the driver agrees and honers the price. Tutuks are much cheaper than taxi's.

There is a really great continential buffet of fruit / toast / cakes / yoghurt etc. plus you get your ordered breakfast. We chose the English breakfast - but with a slight twist on the traditional - mini hotdog sausages, with slices of ham ('bacon'), eggs (cooked how you want). The Thai breakfasts looked very nice though and I would recommend trying one.

All in all a great hotel and a reason to return to Bangkok!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sj272
England
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This is a hard one.

As the hotel rooms are lovely. There is a business area with a couple of computers which is handy. The subway station is 5 minutes around the corner and the staff were polite. Even had a room ready for us at 8am....

But unfortunately as much as this is nice... the things that make a hotel amazing for me is what this hotel lacked.

Location - In a quiet area. About 80 baht to get to Kho San Road in a taxi. And there is always traffic! (Which isn't the hotels fault, but a point I thought I'd add if you don't want to spend a lot of time travelling back and forth!)

There is a subway station around the corner but this only goes to the shopping district. There isn't a subway line to the Kho San area.

Food - So as I said it's in a quiet area. So with no restaurants that close, this hotel offers food or room service? No... there is a terrace restaurant, but as we found it is only open for breakfast. Also, I have seen other reviews say breakfast was free, it wasn't for us? 100 baht for buffet or 150 for buffet and additional hot items.

Like I say it is a nice hotel, but I thought I'd list the bits which could put you off. If I was going back to Bangkok I would stay around Kho San Road area...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sair1985
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The hotel is located on the other side of Chaopraya, hence the affordable price.
I requested for a quiet room on the back by email the night before my arrival and they did read the email and arranged a room as requested. I think most hotels at the price ragne would probably ignore the request. The room I got had a huge bed- probably 200x200cm. Comfy bed and pillows. Clean bathroom with powerful hot shower.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They try their best to accommodate your needs. I was nicely surprised by the varieties of fruits offered at simple breakfast buffet ( and a la carte with 4-6 choices ).

The down side is that there aren't nice cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. I always ended up taking skytrain( only 10 miniute ride ) to department stores where you find food courts offering plenty of choices, but pricy. Sky train is 5 min by foot from the hotel.

I requested free drop-off service instead of pick-up service. The taxi was 30 mins late, I was just on time for the plane. Be sure to book the taxi early enough for possible.

I will definitely stay there again.

It's a simple no frills hotel but a big bargain.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ndyxie
Reviewed 14 December 2011

In short, great hotel with friendly and helpful staff that always greet you with a smile. The place is clean and so are its rooms that have everything you need: tv, free wifi, coffee/tea, 2 free bottles of drinking water everyday, fridge and a big comfortable bed. Free breakfast is great, theres nothing on the menu that is bad. Location isnt bad being about 2 minutes walk away from the BTS station. I would come back to this hotel again without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Cheeseburger1988
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We were a family of 8 travelling and the hotel was great. The buffet breakfast is lovely - no need for a hot breakfast. The room is very clean and comfortable.

The staff are wonderful - very helpful and friendly. There is no restaurant in the hotel but they recommended a fabulous thai cafe across the road, the food was great and very cheap.

There is a "business centre" with 2 computers and printer which is available to guest. Free Wifi also
Although the hotel is not in the greatest position it is close the the BTS skyrail so accessable to everything.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family