“My new home in Bangkok”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #61 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I've been to Bangkok quite a few times now, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Bangkok Loft Inn, and will always stay here when I come back in the future. We arrived in Bangkok from the airport on the MRT but weren't sure how to get to the hotel from the sky train station. My Thai cousin called the hotel and they sent one of their staff to meet us from the sky train station! We had huge bags with us and he tried to take them both from us to carry himself! He took us to the hotel, checked us in and then took us up to our room which was lovely. As it was our honeymoon there was a cute towel swan on the bed and petals everywhere, a very nice touch.

The room was great - had everything we needed. Was much nicer than the more expensive hotels we've stayed in in Bangkok, and very clean.

One of the best things though was the staff. The guy who came to get us from the skytrain station, the ladies at the front desk, the cleaners and room maids, the breakfast lady and also the guy who sits by the front door ready to open it for you when you come and go - all such nice lovely people!

The location is fine - it's not central but it's only a 3 minute walk to the sky train. I actually think its location is a bonus - it's away from the craziness of the city.

Oh and on the day we left we were given a free taxi to the airport courtesy of the hotel, perfect end to a perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spurgle84
Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed twice on our last trip to Thailand, the first stay was great, the team were helpful and although a little out of the way at only 100 baht in a taxi or 200 baht in a tuk tuk to the centre of
town it was not a problem.

The rooms are basic but just what you need during a city break, could be a bit cleaner but at £25 a night B&B you get more than you pay for.

On our second stay, they didnt pick us up at the airport, forgot our wake up call and continued to confuse the situation when we tried to extend our stay! It was a real shame but I would now only recommend the Loft Inn if you didnt have to rely on them for key orgainisational points in your holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Booked this hotel through Agoda, got a really good price that included breakfast. I asked for an airport pickup in my Agoda booking, and there was some confusion over this - I ended up having to get a taxi from the airport. Check in was a nice experience - front desk staff speaks very little English, but they are eager to please and very friendly. Later during our trip they were very kind to help us book taxis and gave advice for navigating the area. They were really fantastic!

As I choose a rate that included breakfast, the woman at the front desk pulled out a large posterboard with pictures of a dozen breakfast options on it, a bit overwhelming and none really looked too appetizing to me. I think I chose one of the chicken options. Breakfast was okay - though I did enjoy the mango sticky rice! The girl working the breakfast room was very attentive and sweet, very pleasant to talk to!

Our room was small but clean. I made sure to request a room not facing the street as I had read in reviews here that those rooms could be quite noisy. Our room was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The room served it's purpose and we were comfortable staying there.

As you will read in other reviews, the hotel is not situated in a central part of the city where many of the tourist attractions are. It's in a residential neighborhood. Taxi drivers do not like to go to this area. On more than one occasion we attempted to take a taxi from Siam Square, Khao San Road, Thonburi, only to find that the drivers either refused to take us there, or tried to charge us an arm and a leg for the trip. Try to take the train wherever possible! The hotel is a couple blocks' walk to the Sky Train, which was a lifesaver for getting around. Train rides to the central areas of town are about 20 minutes. The Sky Train is very easy to use and inexpensive, and CLEAN compared to the mass transit offered in other cities.

Overall the staff were great, the price was right, the rooms were clean and met expectations. If I were to go again, I might stay somewhere nearer the attractions, though I know this will require some sacrifice on price or quality.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank c p
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Well, Bangkok loft inn is a great place to stay in that area (please check where you will be going)...it was perfect for our first stay in Bangkok, we were in Bangkok twice but the second time we stayed in a different hotel since we were in a different area. So, the hotel is 5 minute walk from the Sky Train which takes you to great stations my favorits were Sala Daeng and Siam Pargon. We were close to the cultural Bangkok temples and the Grand Palace, the area is very local though. No fast food around, but local food is plenty if you accustomed to it, we were not, so we had to order delivery or we get all of our meals out and just go back to sleep in.
So, the hotel staff is the friendliest in thailand,they make sure that you are safe and sound all the time, they make sure that you go to the right places and use the proper means and give you tips about who to talk to and who to stay away from...believe me it is so useful.

The breakfast was nice, but not much varieties. They ask you the night before what would you like to eat for tomorrow breakfast in addition to the Corn Flakes, Yogurt, and fruit buffett.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoSh10
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We went with one of the smaller rooms in this hotel, and in spite of the fact that it was indeed small, it had everything you need when you are on an explorative vacation. It was a very clean room, with the only problem of the view - it was facing the main road, with many-many wires going from one pole to the other. The staff was very nice, and the breakfast was more than filling. You had your typical western choices and fruits, as well as specialities from the local cuisine. We had to fill out a card with our preference for breakfast each day. On the day when we were leaving for the airport earlier than breakfast time, we were given a little package with drinks, fruits and a couple of sandwiches! That was a really amazing feeling - like being part of that little "Bangkok Loft Inn" family. We also had the possibility of printing our boarding cards, which we highly appreciated. And to top it all: it is close to a metro station (maybe 5 minutes walk?) and the closest shopping malls are just 2 or 3 metro stops away. So what more can you wish for? The only problem we faced once, was that in rush hour we couldn't find a cab to take us downtown, but with the metro so close-by, that wasn't really an issue.
Overall, I cannot say anything bad about this place, and can recommend it honestly to anyone visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Orsi J
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had opted for "Visa on Arrival" so the pick-up guy had to patiently wait for an hour. The pick-up van was comfortable. A welcome drink was offered. The check-in procedures were completed quickly & we had to pre-select our next day breakfast.

The room features include- LCD TV, tea-coffee maker, comfortable bed, AC, small but nice bathroom, electronic safe.
The room was neat & comfortable.

The breakfast was served by a hospitable lady dressed in Thai attire. The food was tasty & there were a lot of options.

Bangkok Loft Inn is well connected to various public transports- within walking distance to BTS station, just go to Saphan Taksin BTS station (2 stations away) & you are connected to Chao Phraya Express Boat Service- the city can be explored by river.

The hotel staff are always there to help.

Great hotel...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ujjvarma
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I keep reading reviews from people about how the Loft is located so far from everything. Do some research folks! If you know that it is a distance from whatever you want, don't book it!

Now to my review. From the staff having to wait over an hour for me to get through immigration to the young lady that serves breakfast, The Bangkok Loft Inn knows how to treat a guest. The hotel is located in a quiet working class neighbourhood of Bangkok. I find that preferable to those mega hotels located steps away from the hustle and bustle and no place to get away.

My room was located at the back of the hotel (by request). I had read reviews that the rooms at the front, along a very busy street, could be noisy. The bed is firm with a very comfortable duvet. Pillows are also very firm. The bathroom is small, but certainly adequate. I like the shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower. No need to worry about running out or messy wrappers from bars of soap to small to use.

Breakfast was included (including the morning that I headed out at 5:00 am for a tour). A prepared meal can be ordered the night before. In addition to this, is a "buffet" with cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, etc. Certainly no need to go hungry here.

The hotel offers free wi-fi throughout and I was about as far from the front desk as you could get, with an excellent connection throughout my stay. They also offer a "business center" which house 2 desktop computers with a lan line. Speed for these was excellent.

The staff at the front desk are marvellous. Welcoming each and every time you enter the hotel, they are willing to try to help with any request you might make. They have a cooler in the lobby, filled with various beverages (for purchase). I commented on the lack of any diet cola of any kind. The next morning the cooler was stocked with Coke Zero!

Although the neighbourhood is certainly not a tourist area, the roads by the hotel provide excellent routes to major points around the city. Either by taxi, tuk-tuk or motorcycle, rush hour traffic can be avoided by using alternate routes. As stated in most reviews, you are a 3 - 5 minute walk to the BTS station. The one advantage to this station is that it is the first in the line, so always empty thus always a seat!

When returning to Bangkok, I will certainly not hesitate to book this location again. Thank you Bangkok Loft Inn for making my Thai vacation just that much better!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.