“Made our trip to Bangkok!”

Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #74 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This hotel was amazing. We found a spectacular deal, I think because the hotel was fairly new, so we really weren't expecting much. It had formerly been under another name but had been recently renovated and taken over by Anantara. It was extraordinary, beautiful hotel, beautiful rooms and superb service. The concierge helped us SO much with planning what to do during our stay. I would highly recommend hiring a taxi driver (we hired Lek) for a day if there is a lot you want to accomplish. We had Lek from early morning until 12:30 the next morning and it cost us under $100 US Dollars! The concierge will help you book a taxi driver and tours.
We were a little concerned given the location but turned out we had a great spot. there were a few things in the area to walk to, a nice little grocery store and restaurants but we spent most of our time in a taxi (even though the skytrain is very close). Nice to be in a little quieter area, location isn't a detriment for this place at all.
Breakfast itself was worth the price we paid to stay here!
The spa is very nice and people are so friendly. Gym is also nice.
Great experience!

Room Tip: The higher the better, what a view!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,754)

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed here for three nights in November when I was in town for the wedding. The price was right, the hotel was beautiful with a nice fitness center and pool. Most of all, the staff was incredibly accommodating and helped us out with directions, massage arrangements, taxis, whatever we needed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller94115
ANT_Sathorn, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Traveller94115

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Anantara Bangkok Sathorn. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to them and I am sure they will truly appreciate your feedback.

We would love to have you come and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly should I be able to assist you in any way in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Writing from hotel......... just 2 hrs before checked in..... hotel is good and very bfull... BUT i m on my honeymoon but got a room with two seprate beds............. i requested them but just one reply ...... sorry no room available.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ankur J

Dear Ankur J

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your room allocation, and I apologise that we were unable to provide you with a king bed on your honeymoon.

Unfortunately on occasions when we are fully booked we do have to allocate twin beds to guests. It is recommended at the time of booking to request a king bed if this is important to you. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Should you return to Bangkok in the future feel free to contact me directly on msmith@anantara.com and I will assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

This hotel is very modern, with a sleek decor. The rooms are nice, spacious, and clean. The higher floors have cool views of Bangkok. The pool is a great place to relax, as is the sauna. The restaurants within the hotel serve great food. The breakfast is nice, with a wide variety of options from fresh fruit, to omelets, to rice, to cheese. The hotel is not located near most of the main tourist attractions, but it is close to public transportation (which is very nice and easy to use in Bangkok). While most the staff were nice, they were less helpful than most places I stayed in Thailand.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
ANT_Sathorn, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear NomadicBeth

It was especially pleasing to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Thank you for your kind comments . I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our Restaurant Manager.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Check in smooth, nice staff and beautiful suite. So light and airy, comfortable beds with decent kitchen. Spacious bathrooms and good working desk. Free wifi and movies, lots of channels.

Is good 10 min walk to bts and 20 into silom, i love to walk so no problem. There is a tram out the front that takes you to the bts for 10b, motorcycle would be 20.

Gym is one of the best ive used, can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ladyfitch
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of our holiday in Thailand. The room was a great deal on the 22nd floor, very modern, fabulous bathroom and comfortable beds. Like a lot of hotel beds these days the doona is too hot so I have to strip out the doona and use the cover only, even though the airconditioning was good.
The staff are everywhere and willing to help at all times. The breakfast is one of the best I have had.
The outside pool area was great at the end of the day.
Anantara provide a free shuttle service to the nearest MRT station, and you are just one stop away (15 Baht) from the Silom district. Otherwise the cab ride is just 60 Baht! to MBK or Siam shopping precinct.
Also if leaving for the airport it was just 400 Baht by taxi and about 45 minutes, and in my view better for 2 people than going by train.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank geebob1
ANT_Sathorn, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear geebob

It was pleasing to read that yu found us conveniently located to the shopping districts. Thank you also for your great tips about getting around.

We would love to have you come and stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at msmith@anantara.com should I be able to assist you in any way in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

in Bangkok. It is great value for money considering the quality, size and location -we loved the 2 bed suite!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple