“Great,Affordable Luxury”

Ranked #82 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great,Affordable Luxury”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Skyline 1 Bedroom Suite which is located at level 20.It boost a great living room area next to a small dining space with counter,a grand bedroom with King size bed which you will greatly appreciate after a long day. And I have to mention the impressive bathroom which has a tub and separate shower. Overall, my experience here is phenomenal. We arrived at the hotel slightly early then the check-in timing and was greeted by the friendly concierge, Toto, who has been very helpful and even gave us a complimentary drink while we were waiting for the room. The view was breath-taking and I couldn't have asked for a much better place to stay in. First,it was a little difficult to get around but once we've explored the vicinity, it has a market just 5 minutes from the hotel where you can grab your groceries, and 3 stops away from the malls which I think is still considerably convenient if you're looking for some place to relax from the main city area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Anantara Sathorn, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my hectic, large family's trip so comfortable that we forgot we were in a strange country all alone. We had booked through an external site and you treated us like family!

I had the most complicated situations come up for the first time in my long traveling history. Here's some examples to explain to other readers why Anantara Sathorn is the best hotel for people organizing trips from the United States for their families, specially if you're coming to Bangkok for the very first time and your family has a 1 year old (or more babies).

1. Helping my family checked in and finding them asleep at the end of a long 20-hour flight - thank you. My stress and anxiety melted away as I walked into the room at 1:30am and found them fast asleep.

2. The baby in our family gave us a scare early morning with fever and other illness. The reception offered hospital and on-call doctor options, candidly telling us what would be best (without selling an option) and what the charges were. We went with the on-call doctor and what a great decision it turned out to be. Thank you Anantara staff and the doctor!

3. We had a late flight out to Koh Samui. Hanging out in the lobby and by the pool side for 5 hours, we needed help and attention as somebody in our family lost their phone or tried to find a changing area for the baby. Oh my, we got lots of help and affection from every person on the staff we turned too.

Having had a very tiring and not so pleasant stay in Koh Samui, we couldn't wait to get to Anantara's comfort and safety. Not to mention the wonderful food served (breakfast, a la carte lunch and in-room dining, we did it all).

Thank you all of you at Anantara Sathorn…you know what hospitality is and going above and beyond for your guests means. And not just average guests, great big families with unexpected chaos that can come with them. From the moment I called to ask your concierge how to get to the hotel to the moment I checked out with the family on my first leg of the trip, we felt cared for truly 5 stars! Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: For families, I recommend the 2-bedroom suite with the small kitchenette. You'll be grateful for...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ZunairaD
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear ZunairaD,

Thank you for sharing with us the experience of your stay and for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your holiday.

I am truely happy to read that you had a great stay, you made us feel proud of the service standard that we provide and one important thing is that this has shown that we have come to the right directtions by making you and family feel at home while you are away from home. Your comment has been shared amongst our team and we all commit that we will continue providing an exceptional service as much as we can.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Anantara family in not too far future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed for three days, and each day our feelings for the hotel increased - large room - we booked a basic one but somehow got a suite - that may be what the hotel calls 'basic'. Nice balcony, Two TVs, large bath from which it is possible to view the TV in the bedroom. The hotel is far from the grotty scenes of poverty meets grunting, smelly, smoking, loud western men. And yes, it is something of a walk from the Skytrain and that might be a blessing. There is an hourly shuttle to the nearest station, however. Breakfast - excellent. Cleanliness good, refills in the bathroom daily.
Tip: do get a taxi from the Skytrain on arrival as there is no lift or escalator to get you down to road level if you walk towards the hotel on the elevated walkway - so exit to the building on the left as the train to Saphan Taksin travels. There you will find a lift that will take you down and a taxis are plentiful on exit - and pointing in the right direction. Expect to pay something like B60 to get you to the hotel.
Lots of commendation to Jane at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James0K
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear James0K,

Thank you for sharing with us the experiences of your stay and for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your holiday!

I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay and everything seems to be smoothless. Thank you for mentioning about our room which is one of a big plus for this hotel that we have enough rooms to accommodate different kind of traveller i.e young couple, family, honeymoon and business man. Your comment regarding breakfast and service have been shared amongst our team and we commit that we will continue delivering an exceptional service to all guests.

Thank you for sharing a good tips of transportation to this community, I am sure this help others for their further decision.

We are looking forward for your return to any Anantara, in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of our team if we can do further assistance.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I would not recommend staying here since the cleaniness is not up to standard. The're are stains on the sofa and also in the toilet utensils. What's worse is that the shampoo and cleaning gel stuff is not refilled when we checked in the room.I will seriously not to consider staying in any Anantara hotel group in the future .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Micmic16
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Micmic16,

Thank you for sharing with us the experiences of your stay and for choosing Anantara Bangkok for your holiday!

I am sorry to learn about the disappointment of your stay due to the cleanliness issues and lack of guest room amenities. Please accept our sincere apologies that any of the management team did not have a chance to meet with you prior to your departure and you left the hotel with dissatisfied. This is not service standard that we strive to obtain and we have shared your comment with the Housekeeping team to ensure the proper training is carry on and to improve the cleanliness standard of the hotel.

We hope this incident will not mere you to stay with us again in the future and you will see a remarkable improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime if I can be further assistance.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Amazing Thailand all over again.

This lovely, modern, minimalist, yet charming hotel hidden away in a little visited area of Bangkok surprised even an old veteran like me.

From the time of my arrival --- brilliant attention from the bell boys --- Khun Coco is the best ---- to the evening departure, I was pleasantly, very pleasantly surprised by the service and attention from the hotel staff. Everyone...simply everyone...was super nice. As a foreigner living in Thailand for a long time (more than 40 years) I spoke Thai to everyone and they handled it perfectly. No surprises.

I and my friend had a late light lunch at the 100 East Restaurant. The setting, ambiance, and decor was subtle, modern, and minimalist. The service made the restaurant very charming. Warmth and the glow were everywhere. The food was average, but the service was superb. We then moved to the Zin Lounge for coffee. The young lady ---- Khun Ae --- took care of us until my function began later in the afternoon.

I did not stay at this very modern and very clean hotel, but would certainly consider it, given the location and many noisy hotels in Bangkok. I would stay for the excellent service and the ambiance and hope that the food moved to above average.

Overall, very good.

Room Tip: Sorry, I did not stay, but spent the entire afternoon there; having arrived from Hua Hin and waiting...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear zolaamt,

Thank your for your kind note, I really happy to read your great comment in regard to the service and the hotel decorations.

Your special comment made to the Bell team and especially Khun Coco has been noted and we shall congratulate them for their great success in service.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward for your return and for a longer stay. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Abandon project turn service apartment hotel. This is one of the "good" hotel i stay this year. The room is spacious, cleanliness is good, furniture and fitting is contemporary. View from balcony is fantastic. Gym room, swimming pool and pool side set up is awesome.

The breakfast is good and lavish with both Thai and international with Thailand excellent hospitality and smile.

The location of the property is quite central but the jam is terrible during rush hour. The internet connection in the room was poor as it depend on the router at the corridor.

Overall a good property for both business and leisure. Couple or family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear EricYap9200,

Thank you for sharing with us and TripAdvisor's community the experience of your stay and for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your holiday.

We are pleased to read that you have made the right choice and you feel that we are one of the good hotel that you stay this year from the contributions of good room, good gym, swimming pool with highlight or special note of breakfast experiences. All those compliments has been shared amongst our team as this could motivate them to do even better job in the future.

We acknowledged your comment about the traffic in front of the hotel where we need to give a good communication to the guest for the best choice of travelling as the traffic in this area is the effect from the main area of Sathorn, as for internet connection we regularly provide the feedback to service provider and ensure that they are working to improve.

Thank you once again and we look forward for your return, in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime if we can be further assistance.

Chavenay, France
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I am a GHA platinum member. I sent a request to Anantara Bangkok Sathorn Hotel about rates and lounge access. Got an email saying the reservation office was closed. No one ever contacted me again.
Sent the same email to Sofitel So Bangkok. received a friendly and enthusiastic answer the next day (I am also a platinum member with Le Club Accor).
Although I could have redeemed a local experience award, I made my booking at the Sofitel.
Poor, disappointing, Anantara customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Katergo
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Katergo,

Greetings from Anantara Bangkok Sathorn!

Thank you for sharing with us the difficulty and disappointment regarding our reservation service. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that this may cause. I have done a full investigation and have been unable to trace the correspondence, please kindly assist us by forward the correspondence to me so that I can take the corrective action to prevent the same problem to reoccur. Thank you once again for bringing this up to our attention.

We do hope to have a chance to welcome you to Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your future visit. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

naowarat_ar@anantara.com