“Great Stay in Bangkok”

Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #75 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Anantara Bangkok Sathorn. The staff is very pleasant, the large property in part of a larger complex that also includes service apartments. It is quite modern (recent property) and the rooms are quite large and comfortable. Very good value for money. Location of the hotel is decent. You would need to walk 7-10 min to the BTS (Elevated subway), or you can take the shuttle that also connects you to it (although it is one way only).

Room Tip: I had a small balcony which was quite enjoyable!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ming_Travels
There are newer reviews for Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

With 2 kids under 10 and a toddler, we opted for a 2-bedroom suite. I read in most reviews that guests were upgraded to a premium suite, and I thought I saw a promotion that says there would be an upgrade with a minimum 2 nights stay - it didn't happen for us despite we booked for 4 nights. ( I didn't bother to check as I had a sick fussy baby who seemed to have caught a bug on the way in). We were placed on the 12th floor.
The suite was nice and spacious. It had a kitchenette with a hob but no cooking utensils nor crockery of any kind including cutlery. You only get a electric kettle.
Although nicely appointed at first glance, the rooms weren't very clean nor well-maintained. My bath stall had traces of mold. Some light bulbs weren't working, and there were some chipping and stains around the suite. To our disgust we found what look liked caked snort on our duvet. It was changed after I made a request.
Toiletries were bare minimal. No toothbrushes, combs nor shavers provided.
Our worst experience throughout our stay were at breakfasts. Perhaps they were severely understaffed, their less than enthusiastic service was appalling. We had to wait 15mins before we could get our coffees, forget about refills. I couldn't help but notice the staff are more chirpy and willing serving westerners. (A common observation in Bangkok where they openly proclaim their adoration for 'farang' westerners). Although breakfast ends at 1030am, the popular items and more exotic fruits are gone by 930am without replenishment.
The concierge staff were friendlier and I especially have to commend Mr. Toto, who assisted with getting us a cab to the nearest hospital for my sick baby. And later again, to help us patiently explain to the cabby to find an obscure restaurant that was recommended.
Location wise - a little out of central shopping area but easily accessible via sky train or taxi. Bad timing during my trip, the traffic was severe probably due to the on going protests. A trip to Paragon took over 30 mins.
Had street food along the pavement outside the hotel. And a quaint supermart just 3 mins walk down the road.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank QinZir
Naowarat A, General Manager at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dea QinZir,

Thank for sharing the experience of your stay with us and for choosing Anantara Bangkok Sathorn for your holiday.

I am sorry to read that the service standard that we provided are not up to your expectations especially with room cleanliness and maintenance and you were greatly disappointed with our service during breakfast. We have take your comment very seriously and have share with the team to ensure we look into the problem and work way to improve our standard.

As for your comment that we are taking better care to the westerners, I would like to inform you that we take equal care to all national, please accept our sincere apologies if we have make you feel that you have less attention from our team.

Well noted of your comment regarding in room amenities, please note that we do not provide toothbrush and shavor but we have this on request basic.

We hope to have a chance to welcoming you back again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Naowarat Arunkong

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've stayed in all kinds of places in Bangkok, ranging from guesthouses in Kao San to over the top luxury @ Lebua but I have to say that this place offers excellent quality for the price they charge. We were travelling with friends so we got a 2 bedroom suite. It was located on the 12th floor and overlooked the pool and the city. The interior was modern and well kept. There were 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a large living space and a balcony. The pool area is great and the drinks were reasonably priced. Staff (especially at reception and the concierge desk) are very friendly and professional. Breakfast was OK. The location is good if you don't need to go to the most touristy places like the Palace, etc. It's a ten minute walk to BTS Chong Nonsi which is only 1 stop from Saladaeng and a few more from the river and from Siam. Perfect for shopping and (gay) nightlife.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nebukatnesa
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been traveling quite often to Bangkok on business and leisure trips and I have stayed in all types of Hotel. Now for my first family travel with husband and child (1,5 years) we have chosen the Anantara Sathorn Hotel.
The location is excellent, you can either use the complementary tuk-tuk service or it´s a 10 mins walk to the next train station. Staff has been overall very friendly to us and espacially to our child.
Most remarkable: we have been off to the beach for 12 days and when we came back to the Anantara they have recognized us and even remembered our names.
On arrival we have stayed at a regular room on 14th floor or so. Nice and spacy, just some furniture needed a bit of polish. Before leaving Thailand, we have treated ourselves with an upgrade to the 28th floor (or so). That was an amazing room with a breathtaking view.
As Bangkok is not easy to explore with a child in a stroller, we have spent much time at the pool which we have enjoyed a lot. The pool has a small children section and a ist a nice view from the roof top.
If I would change something, I would give a bit more space to the breakfast buffet, as this was crowded at times.

For our next trip to Bangkok we will most likely come back to the Anantara Sathorn.

Room Tip: Try to get a city view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Lovw love love will come back again and again would like to be a member will be looking into it love the service love the rooms clean, crisp, professional will tell everyone to go with anantara love it, staff are very humble, the never expected a tip. A true testament to the anantara name love it :))))))

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Seems the best hotel in Bangkok for family trip as all rooms are suites with one bedroom or two bedrooms...would recommend a two bedroom suites for a family with two kids or more. Spacious rooms filled with decent amenities

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Nice and comfortable stay at Anantara.... though it is far away from the city centre/market area. We stayed here for two nights and were at ease + their breakfast fair was quite impressive. Wud surely recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends