“Ignorant And Rude Staff”
Review of O Bangkok

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
O Bangkok
Ranked #742 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is my first review on Tripadvisor, I'm in hotels all the time and have never felt passionate enough about a stay to write about it. It's taken an experience like this to get typing.
I have stayed here before this particular visit and found it to be OK and usually have availability so I headed there this time to find it had gotten a lot worse.
Firstly the sheets are unclean and the rooms pretty basic for the money and If you get a front facing room don't expect an early night.
The main issue however is With the staff. If you need to get their attention for any reason you may have to wait for them to finish that particular level of angry birds first. It appears since I was last their they have developed a huge following on hand held devices and prefer having their faces buried in them other than talk to the residents.
I'm typing this review whilst eating breakfast having just departed. When I handed my key In at reception I was told that I was going to be charged 150 baht because the cable tie on the key ring had come off. She actually argued and shouted at me at reception! After 10 minutes and some police threats (from her) I finally got my full key deposit back.
I don't speak Thai but I imagine the things she shouted to me as I walked away weren't very pleasant.
With so much choice in places to stay around here I would look elsewhere. If you do end up here avoid the food, it's pretty bad!

Room Tip: Don't get one on the front or the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank whichwill
There are newer reviews for O Bangkok

Reviewed 28 November 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at O-Bangkok for 1 night. When we first checked in there was a very sweet Thai man working the front desk who was super helpful, it was because of him we chose to stay and the only reason I'm giving the hotel 2 stars.That was where the good experience ends. Our room was pretty basic, but for 540 baht in Bangkok we weren't expecting much The sheets seemed dirty and the room smelled like hot garbage. We opted for just the fan, which we'd been doing all through thailand and had no issues, however when we went to turn the fan on we realised it was broken. Not a big deal, we figured we'd just go down to the front desk and get the remote for the air conditioning. When we got to the front desk the 2 night staff were watching a movie on their laptop, we stood there for several minutes before they finally paused the movie to help us. When I asked for the remote to the air conditioning the man working became very angry, and said that they had already asked us whether we wanted air conditioning and we had turned it down. I explained we hadn't realised our fan wasn't working but that we had no issue paying the extra 60 baht for air conditioning. He glared at us for a few minutes before finally agreeing to give it to us, then muttered under his breath the whole time about how ridiculous it was. I asked for the WIFI password as well and was met with a similar attitude, we went to our room that night feeling very put out. The next morning when we went to check out we asked if they had a place to store our bags since our flight wasn't until 11pm that night. All the other hotels we'd stayed in had bag rooms so we weren't expecting that to be an issue. The woman working the front desk said they did and showed us to a pile of bags in front of an open door leading to an alley. I wasn't comfortable leaving my bags in the open like that all day so I asked if we could perhaps just tuck them a little out of site there was an area just beside the door behind a coat rack that looked like a better option, she snapped that she had showed us our option and if we didn't want to put them there then we couldn't store them at all. We opted for the latter and took them to Koh San palace instead (they have a locked storage facility available for 20 baht a day). The hotel itself is in a great location (way more low key then koh san rd) so it was a real shame about the staff. I wouldn't recommend staying here, there are much nicer, cheaper places in the neighbourhood where you aren't treated like a criminal for making basic requests.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Whis101
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here two nights. the street it is on, is by far the better street to stay in in the Ko san area. Ko San road to me is a nightmare. i was last there 20 years ago and it was really cute and fun now it is a noisy metropolis with Maccas and so on. so this street Soi Ram Buttri kind of reminded me of the old Ko San. It is long and winding, quiet and cute. It comes alive a bit more at night heaps of places to eat and browse low key stalls. we watch squirrels each morning playing on the wall of the temple it backs onto. The accommodation was fair for its price i think 540 baht. clean but a little worn out just very basic. the beds were comfortable and its a good place just to hang your hat for cheap and then explore the city, you wouldn't want to hang out in the room. Dont take the first floor rooms they are the most noisiest and not the best i wish i had asked to see one higher up, but as i said cheap and cheerful, quiet road, good spot and i got a good nights sleep. Compared to another one we checked out further up the street which smelt, was dank and mold ridden we were pleased we checked this one out instead - but dont expect a palace you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up so the nosie of restaurant dosnt bother you, maybe ask to check a few rooms too...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lbridges1
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I'm currently in the O-Bangkok Friendly Bar (the restaurant on main floor)... stay has been phenomenal, reasonable rate at just over 600B, private king bed and ensuite, fan and AC kept me cooler than any place I've ever stayed in Bangkok. Been here eating and using wifi at restaurant for last 3 hours, the vibe and staff have been awesome my whole stay. Nothing but smiles here.

I was just trudging around the greater khaosan area late last night and decided to just wander until I found a place rather than constantly referring to review sites, pleasantly surprised with perhaps my best hostel stay (when factoring in price) to date in Bangkok. As mentioned, I think experiences vary, but very satisfied customer here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed here one night. Rooms are basic and cheap. We opted for AC but once we got to the room we decided that we wouldn't need the AC so we returned the AC remote(returned it before we even opened our bags in the room). The lady was very rude at the front desk and made it obvious that I was inconveniencing her by returning the remote. We needed to phone our tour company to confirm our pick-up time and she said "no phone service". Every hotel in all of Thailand we stayed at has had no problem making the odd phone call for their guests so we thought this was ridiculous. The location is good but the sheets appeared dirty to me. The rooms were quiet. In the morning we checked out at 6am and waited for our ride. I asked the man at the front for the wifi pw again and he said no because we had checked out. I was polite but stood my ground. Eventually he pointed to a few computers in the corner of the room and said I could use them. He was rude when he said it and really just wanted me to go away. Friendly service and cleanliness are at the top of my list so that is ultimately why I am rating this hotel as poor. There are a million other hotels in this area so I would recommend to keep walking.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you commit to staying.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

if this is the same guesthouse that is connected to O! hungry's, don't go there. i have been to Thailand on a number of occasions and i have never experienced anything like this. i was sat in the restaurant with my netbook as they promote free wifi and i tried to order from the menu, the manager took the menu from me and told me to use wifi somewhere else.
at first i didn't understand, i thought he thought i didn't want to order, so i said i would like some food and drink please he said no! and told me to go somewhere else. i was shocked and just sat there confused he came over again and said 'do you understand?' no i don't i replied. 'where are you from?' as soon as he said it i knew he thought i was Israeli and just wanted an excuse to get me out, as i have been confused as Israeli before. i'm a young British Indian girl travelling alone, and whether i am Israeli or not, no one deserves to be treated like that, i tried to follow him around and ask him why?
he completely blanked me and pretended i wasn't there. i am frustrated and angry that racism can be condoned to this day

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank opinder
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Its a great place to stay for your first time in Bangkok! close to Kao San Road and many other backpackers. The rooms are very nice, A/C and bathroom. Definately a place worth staying.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends