Mirth Sathorn Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Le Siam Hotel(Bangkok)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssilom complexbooked a single roommin walkcheap hotelboutique hotelquiet locationtwo nightsstreet foodcurtainsbtstraintaximarketinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2013

very helpful staff, rooms are a little small but were very clean and comfortable for two people, located at the end of a quiet street by the hospital, quick walk to the train and all the shopping and night life, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Slavd22
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I am a solo traveler and i am currently staying in this hotel. It has been 2 days so far. I know the area very well however it is still tricky to find it. Once you enter, a small but very chic thai decor welcomes you. I was staying in a cheap hotel (Samran Place Hotel is a hell).
MIRTH SATHORN HOTEL seemed heaven on earth to me. Upon arrival i was offered a welcome drink, the blokes on the lobby are very friendly, helpful and cheerful. You almost want to chat with them, they are very sweet and they speak good english.
I have booked a single room, i must admit that i am really impressed. Room is dimly lit but decoration is lovely, with golden-brown colors, little elephants and wooden floorsI I am very careful not to ruin the decor, i even put my suitcase in the balcony). Aircon works quietly and effectively. Wifi works well. There is sattalite box, flat screen telly, safebox, slippers and gowns. Bathroom is clean and large. You feel pampared in the room. I dont even want to go out.
i cant say anything bad about the hotel, it would be unfair. There is no kettle. People says that there is no swimming pool. I dont think it is a negative thing, here is a small boutique hotel.
Location is very close to Lumpinee Park. I am a jogger so every year I especially choose Silom-Sathorn area to stay. location is very convenient if you find the short cut, it is just right hand side of the hotel's main gate. That little road is heading to Silom CENTRAL Shopping Mall and there is an exit through the shopping mall's 2nd floor to the Sala Daeng BTS station. I recommend this hotel to everyone. I stay in a single, most reasonable room as I am alone, but it is so lovely. Other room categories must be fantastic. I definetely will come back here with my family too.

Room Tip: My room is facing the hospital and it is a bit dark. Other side was brighter. When you get in taxi tell them " sathorn soi seee" . Or they cant find the hotel. Hotel is at the end of SATHORN STREET 4 next to BNH Hospital. Do not use booking.com for any reservation. Thai branch work behalf of the hotels like an organization. No matter which room category you booked you'll end up in a standard room and the difference will not be paid back. Book through another agency. Mark my words.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank PetekAtes
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This a newer hotel (3 years) in Silom.

Great welcome with fresh juice and smiling staff. The staff were eager to please our entire stay (3 days).

Good location close to BTS and MRT and Pat Pong night market. Tucked away on a quiet street near a school and hospital. Taxi drivers do not seem to know this hotel so it is important to have the phone number with you so they can call for directions. It was about 80 baht taxi from Royal Place area or Banglampu (Khaosan Rd area) and you can take the BTS from Siam area.

Food options at night near by Pat Pong.

It is a 5 min walk to the MRT (25 baht one way) where you can connect to the airport train (80 baht one way), although there is a 5 min walk in between to make the connection.

Taxi was 400 baht from the airport + toll (70 baht) and airport fee (50 baht).

TV has lots of channels, only 3 English speaking (news).

Room was beautiful and very clean, bed comfortable, there was a fridge and AC worked well.

Wifi in room included with booking and worked well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank HojasRojas
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I would say about this place is Excellent. Best location with good security. Near to everything you need on travel - For business or for Tourist.

We were here to spend our second honeymoon. We book superior room. But when we arrive at hotel. I like deluxe room most. We ready to upgrade it and we also like there Breakfast. I think its perfect for me in morning time. I love this Hotel. Decorations of room and hotel is best.

The most thing important was of this hotel make us feel like we are again Prince and Princess. Hotel management is very polite and descent. Open door before we come to the door and give a nice smile to welcome us. Thank You Mirth Sathorn Hotel, I will back in next year.

Room Tip: Upgrade room to Deluxe at hotel is very good. FREE WIFI - Choose low floor, best to use high-speed internet. Quiet place in middle of Bangkok, near to everything.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JackSexome
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Good things about this hotel is its location and staff. It it easy short walk to Saladaeng Station and Silom area. Staff are friendly and helpful if you ask questions. I almost feel guilty to give this rating when i think about the friendly staff. The reasons I gave only three stars are: breakfast was very basic. Given the price maybe i should not complain. Secondly on the contrary to what Trip Advisor indicates, there is no swimming pool in this hotel. I mentioned this to the staff already. It might not be the hotel's fault but it is misleading and it matters when you travel in such a hot weather. Thirdly, a single room i stayed was quite small. Another thing is that although you have a phone in the room, you cannot make a phone call directly. You need to tell the reception the number you are calling and they will make a phone call for you and put it through to you. It could be rather awkward.

Now this is just a guess, but rading the earlier comments, i suspect that the management might have changed. When they started this business, they tried to make it aesthetically appealing and fashionable. Maybe the new owner succeeded this hotel and they are not totally sure what to do with those nice decorations. Sorry, again this is just my guess but i could not help coming up with this story.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo