“Don't waste your money on this hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mirth Sathorn Hotel

Mirth Sathorn Hotel
Ranked #520 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Vientiane, Laos
“Don't waste your money on this hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked this hotel based on previous Tripadvisor reviews which said it was a "basic 5 star" hotel. Obviously that reviewer has never stayed in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok because the Mirth Sathorn definitely is NOT 5 stars but rather 3 stars, at most! Others said it was "Thai" style which is not the case. Thais do not like clunky 4-poster beds that take up most of the room and are cloaked in muslin curtains that collect dusk. Nor do they favor ostentatious decorations which abound in this hotel. The hotel name card misleadingly refers to the Mirth Sathorn as a place for "elegant living." It was anything but elegant.

Upon check-in, we were directed to Room 301 which had an overwhelming musty smell and poorly operating air conditioner. Upon request, we were transferred to the room next door (302) which had a better air conditioner. The room was suppose to accommodate 2 persons but had only 1 night stand and 1 reading lamp. The bathroom lacked a soap tray and had a rainfall-type shower head that worked poorly.

The management is very stingy with keys. We were provided only 1 electronic key (for double occupancy) and were told to return the key to the front desk each time we left the room. The air conditioner automatically turned off when the key was taken out of the slot. When we returned to the room, it was unbearably hot and took time to cool down which was uncomfortable as one of us suffers from asthma.

We paid $80 per night without breakfast and will not stay there again as it is not good value for the money. There are plenty other 4-Star and 5-Star hotels in the vicinity where you can find better value.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 302 or comparable double deluxe
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Conservationalist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is Thai style Bangkok boutique hotel. I just made a call of my arrival, and they confirm my booking as my flight were on same day. On arrival I got warm welcome, with cool orange juice drink. I find they have limited rooms, but excellent decorations of rooms, clean, and blend of flowers smell in room.

I visited Bangkok because of Try Thai restaurant in Manchester city of England - has advice to visit Thailand. I travel for my holidays with my wife and my son. We spent 4Nights and 5days. Thou, they have late check out fee, But they did not charge for it. I check out 4.00pm as our flight back to Uk was at 6.00pm

They call taxi or us every time we need to go out. And also open the doors for us, this made us feel warm and very oblige to them.

Breakfast is normal, croissant of ham and cheese, delicious muffins and varieties of fruits with cup of Tea. Its fine for us. I am not sure when i back in Thailand. But Sure to recommend Mirth.

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe Double room for 2. They have Superior Single room also for 1pax with low price.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mac D
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We booked 2 nights at Mirth Sathorn from agoda, and like Tokra DOG says, we made something wrong and ended up making a reservation for a single use room (later we learned from the staff that this happens a lot of times).

When we arrived at the hotel and found out our mistake, they charged us for 1000 bahts more for the double occupancy of the room we had already booked, a room that was way cheaper on agoda, but we had already paid for the wrong reservation and it was late in the evening, so after talking about it with the guy at reception, accepted to pay the 1000 bahts fee with the only condition that we would want to talk to the manager the following day.

The next day, when we asked for the manager to talk to, they said he wasn't there. After 2 minutes talking, we found out the manager was in the following room but wouldn't talk to us.

After an exhausting negotiation (with the reception guy, who went to talk to the manager and then tell us what he said), we finally agreed on paying less than 1000 bahts fee for the room the second night.

Well, it was all simply bizarre, uncomfortable, and unnecessary. I don't know, there are hundreds of hotels in Bangkok, go somewhere were they won't treat you this bad.

Besides this, in the room we stood in the first night ALL towels were dirty and had stains, what was absolutely disappointing after everything that happened and the price we ended up paying for that small, dirty and ugly room.

Room Tip: If you book through agoda, check twice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ariadna M

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and me stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was a very lovely hotel, decorated in typical Thai style and unique style. We loved the decoration of the room with fantastic decoration. It's Located in central bangkok near Silom Road and Sathorn. We walked to Silom Road for doing shopping until night time and had happy night life time. In day time, we visited the grand palace the many tempers. They were so beautiful and worth to visit. We had a very good time in Bangkok. The hotel was quiet near a hospital and a sky train station (BTS). The staff of the hotel and the security staff were very nice, they offered very warm welcome and very good service. Even though it's not a very big hotel, but it's very convenient. We were very happy to stay in Mirth Sathorn and have very good memory and very impressed with this hotel and Bangkok.

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe Room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank KongSing
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Located in the business district of Bangkok the hotel iwas very quiet on the weekend that we stayed. It is modern but in my opinion lacks any charm. On a positive note the room and the bathroom were both clean. However, I won't be staying here again. I booked my room online through Agoda when I was in Yangon and my Internet connection was patchy. At the time I was worried about finishing my booking before the Internet dropped out and I accidently indicated one person instead of 2 people for the room – there was no difference in the price for 1 or 2 people. On arrival at the hotel the next day, I was then charged a 1,000 BHT penalty to 'upgrade' to the same room, for 2 people. I don't like being gouged, and the penalty was totally inappropriate given my circumstances and the fact the hotel was not full at the time. Don't stay here - there are plenty of other options in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TokraDOG
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

very helpful staff, rooms are a little small but were very clean and comfortable for two people, located at the end of a quiet street by the hospital, quick walk to the train and all the shopping and night life, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Slavd22
Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

I am a solo traveler and i am currently staying in this hotel. It has been 2 days so far. I know the area very well however it is still tricky to find it. Once you enter, a small but very chic thai decor welcomes you. I was staying in a cheap hotel (Samran Place Hotel is a hell).
MIRTH SATHORN HOTEL seemed heaven on earth to me. Upon arrival i was offered a welcome drink, the blokes on the lobby are very friendly, helpful and cheerful. You almost want to chat with them, they are very sweet and they speak good english.
I have booked a single room, i must admit that i am really impressed. Room is dimly lit but decoration is lovely, with golden-brown colors, little elephants and wooden floorsI I am very careful not to ruin the decor, i even put my suitcase in the balcony). Aircon works quietly and effectively. Wifi works well. There is sattalite box, flat screen telly, safebox, slippers and gowns. Bathroom is clean and large. You feel pampared in the room. I dont even want to go out.
i cant say anything bad about the hotel, it would be unfair. There is no kettle. People says that there is no swimming pool. I dont think it is a negative thing, here is a small boutique hotel.
Location is very close to Lumpinee Park. I am a jogger so every year I especially choose Silom-Sathorn area to stay. location is very convenient if you find the short cut, it is just right hand side of the hotel's main gate. That little road is heading to Silom CENTRAL Shopping Mall and there is an exit through the shopping mall's 2nd floor to the Sala Daeng BTS station. I recommend this hotel to everyone. I stay in a single, most reasonable room as I am alone, but it is so lovely. Other room categories must be fantastic. I definetely will come back here with my family too.

Room Tip: My room is facing the hospital and it is a bit dark. Other side was brighter. When you get in taxi t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo