Travelled from 30 August - 1 September 2013
This hotel is about 2 to 2 1/2 stars.
- It is right outside Surasak BTS
- It is not very expensive, about 40 - 50 dollars per room per night
- gave me extra blanket and pillows for my baby daughter as there is no baby cot
- Breakfast is minimal, 2 eggs, 1 sausage, free flow of white n wheat bread
- no baby cot
- poor staff attitude (totally sucks)
The receptionist's attitude sucks big-time. note there is no language barrier as my wife is thai.
On the last day, we requested for a late check-out and they granted us check-out at 2pm. However, as my flight is 7+pm, I decided to pay a half-day rate and extend it to 4.30pm instead. We were informed half-day rate was 500 baht, BUT WERE NOT TOLD that half-day
lasted until 4pm ONLY. We specifically said that we wanted to check out at 4.30pm and was quoted 500 baht.
At 4.30pm when we went down, we were told we had to pay 1000 baht, the full day rate, as we had exceeded their timing. Fine, I am unhappy but willing to pay. My wife did try to reason with them saying that they did not specify the timing and we had an infant daughter to take care of, somemore it was just half an hour, they could be more flexible.
They responded with this stinger:" We are not a 5-star hotel, if you want flexibility and benefits as accorded a 5-star hotel, go and find one to stay."
AS it was spoken in thai, I only knew when my wife told me when we reached Singapore. Therefore, I urge those who cannot stand such service not to stay here. An additional 500 baht is nothing, but to have someone say such things is totally out of character.
My next stay on Sept 27-29, I have booked Grand Eastin Sathorn, a 5-star hotel. I rather pay more for good service than to suffer lousy service such as those dished out by the receptionist.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your King Royal Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King Royal Garden Hotel Bangkok