“Can be so much better”

Bangkok Inter Place Hotel
Ranked #656 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here two weekends with a baby (they don't have babybeds?!). The third weekend we tried a better hotel on 5 min walk.
Reception desk friendly, bellboys quick and helpful, nice staff. The rooms (classic one) were a bit shabby to me, sheets on the bed just too short, bathroom ok but it just didn't look tidy, old towels etc, a bit cheap actually. The breakfast is very simple. On 5 min walk there's a new small hotel hotel that is so much better, cleaner, safer (!!) and even cheaper, without breakfast though.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Thailandtriple

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I first stayed in this hotel back in 2010 and I would recommend it for anyone visiting Thailand for the first time. The hotel is quick to get too from the airport (think time difference), clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Dont expect them to be fluent in English, this is Thailand, English is not a second language.

I never had any problems while staying there, room was clean and tidy, room service did their job. The pool on the top of the building was an added bonus..

The SanFran resturant in the hotel catered for both western needs and Thai and I found the service well above anything I would have expected. I also have to mention the cafe "one more steak" just down the street from the hotel, friendly and English speaking.

Bangkok is not for the faint hearted but if you want somewhere to stay at a good price then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 824, where I met my wife.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank timsc
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I choose to stay again here based on my quite good experience from previous stay. This time I stayed at their Boutique room, which is very large and nice. It was totally clean and the bellboy helped me a lot. It only took awhile for check out process and it's easy to get cab outside the lobby. It was surrounded by quite number of shops so there will be no problem for travelers. Please be reminded to bring your international adapter for charging. This is the first hotel I've visited that provided customer with toothbrush (I pretty much didn't need to bring too much toiletries). They will ask for 100baht during check in for deposit. Meter taxi only costs around 190++ baht to get to Suvarnabhumi Airport from this hotel. I totally enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a fine hotel. Stayed here for 7 nights in February. The staff are wonderful and although English is not a preferred language, the staff try really hard. The rooms are adequate and spacious enough. However, try to get a room on one of the remodeled floors. I had a windowless room on the 5th floor for one night which was rather dark and dismal.an easy room change fixed that. The staff was so helpful and offered to help me relocate! The lobby, pool and restaurants were good. The breakfast buffet is an Asian breakfast with most entrees not familiar to me. There was coffee,toast,fruit and juice which was adequate. Now on the location. This is not in the tourist area of Bangkok. It is great if you are visiting a student at one of the nearby universities. But to get downtown, a cab ride and a short subway is all you need. We rode the Klong one day and ventured to the Tourist area that way. Great place in a cool area with plenty of great street food, massages (the orchid around the corner) and a fantastic coffee bar out the lobby to the left ( kavahlti cafe) A quick cab ride to both airports too. Air conditioning in rooms works well but is a bit loud which didn't bother me but may bother some.

Room Tip: The boutique rooms. 11th or 12th floor not facing street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed here at the recommendation of an acquaintance and the price seemed quite good. The price turned out to be too good to be true, it was a very bad experience. The room provided was not equipped with the proper bedding, we received a smoking room even though we had requested a non-smoking room, the door was not secure and the room was so dirty that we didn't even want to take our shoes off. When I complained about the deplorable conditions I was told there was nothing that could be done.

Room Tip: If you simply must stay here then pay for an upgrade, perhaps some of the "premium" rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank InsoucianceAbroad1
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I've been staying here for a day, to attend K-pop concert at Rajamangala Stadium. It takes about five-ten minutes to walk to stadium's front entrance. Basically this hotel was at side of the stadium.

The first receptionist was very helpful as she's able to converse in English, but not the other receptionists. It requires a lot of patience when dealing with them as they dont really understand what you're requesting. The housekeeping once hung up on me when I requested for iron. Its okay, I dont mind walking around Bangkok with wrinkled clothes. *note my sarcasm*

The room is huge, but not much plugs. Its clean, and little bit noisy since it's near to busy roads. The hotel got sky-lounge, which I didnt go and also provide breakfast, which I didnt go either. The concierge is super friendly and nice, he can speak quite good English and even going outside to find cab for us.

Location is not so favorable as it's far from town and from other public transports, but still its a nice stay for short term period.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hana-ssi
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed at the Bangkok Inter Place because it was recommened by friends.
For us the hotel had the perfekt location, because we wanted to study at the Ramkhamhaeng University, which is just across the road.
The rooms are rellay old furnised and not really nice, but if you just stay there for a few days it is ok. The service is sometimes good sometimes they don't understand a word of English, which is really annoing.
The pool at the roof is really nice and they also serve food there. But this is quit expansive compared to what you can get on the streets around.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends