“A lovely small boutique hotel in Bangkok”

The Mini R Ratchada
Ranked #259 of 628 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Toowoomba
“A lovely small boutique hotel in Bangkok”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed twice at this little hotel - once for a week & then again for 3 nights.
Mak, the hotel manager, and Anna at reception, went out of their way to make out stay enjoyable.
Our standard twin bed room was large & bright & very clean. Our room was modern with fresh white sheets on large beds, plenty of cupboard space, good bathroom with shampoo etc, a desk & good TV reception. We chose American Breakfast which was quite adequate - juice, bacon, ham, egg toast & fruit - coffee/tea facilities & water are complimentary. It is not in the thick of Bangkok, but as it's situated between 2 MRT stations, it very easy to get around & taxies to most places is only 100/150 Bahts. Plenty of 7 Elevens & Department stores within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Queensland Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My daughter and I were booked in here for 7 nights as we were attending the dental clinic next door. Unfortunately the service is very poor, they only person who speaks english sometimes is the receptionist.
House keeping is non existent, we watched plates outside a persons door for 2 days, our room was not made up each day...we had to ask...they forgot our breakfast 2 mornings in a row after that we didnt bother to even try and have breakfast, The Big American breakfast was very small and the bacon was the size of their smallest coin and the omelet was just that egg...nothing else in it, so the flavour was really bland.
Whilst sitting at my computer the fluro light just fell down in front of me hitting my laptop, and hanging by 2 wires, when a guy came to have a look the other fluro also fell down so now we had 2 hanging down by wires...nest day they sent 3 electricians( and I say this lightly) to fix the problem, whilst my daughter had just had 2 teeth removed and lying in bed she had 5 men in the bed room trying to screw in 4 screws to hold the lights up....so not funny!!
To each side of us are "Massage" places and NO not the feet ones...so alot of people coming and going.
I definitely would not recommend for travelers with children or someone who would like a relaxing stay..no pool...no internet if you don't have a laptop, and little tiny ants in everything, even your bed...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank libby1018

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Holyhead
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Visiting Bangkok International Dental Centre (BIDC) next door made this a convenient place to stay. It turned out to be much more than that. Helpful staff, clean well equipped rooms (I was upgraded to a large) with a very comfy bed, fridge and WiFi (free in all rooms) made this an enjoyable place to stay.

Anna on reception was great with tour advice as well as directions to the the local laundry service (there is none in house). MBT rail stations are close by as well as shopping malls (Robinson's and Carrefour; called Big C). You don't have to go far for anything.

A cafe (Maxi's) on the ground floor provides great coffee and a varied diet of Thai, Italian and pizza.

I'll definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2013
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We are spending SIX nights in this hotel and we have two separate reservations. We booked for S size room for first 3 nights. For the last 3 nights, I decided to go for M size room to make ourselves more comfortable. We had just moved into our new M size room last night and we found out that the windows were broken. They simply use the tape (the tape you use to tape your boxes!) to tape the window and it was already not sealed. It was opened! The worst is the room is facing the front street and yes, we woke up at 7 am when the traffic got busy and the politicians had their van coming out with loud speaker to advertise! I talked to the front desk lady a moment ago (yes I'm writing in the lobby right in front of her!) about this and she said we are sorry and smiled to me. I asked for change in room she told me 'it's all full.' Then another customer came to pay for check out (he came after me) and that lady ignored me and went ahead to deal with the payment first! (so money first, customer second!) I'm still having another 2 nights here and she told me she can only talk to her manager tomorrow because it's holiday today for her manager! I'm surprised to know that there is no manager on duty for a hotel like this. SHAME ON YOU MINI R. We are staying here right now because of good reviews given by my cousin, but NO, you are not getting any more business from any of my friends that visit Thailand frequently. I'm spending my precious shopping time here in the morning to write this review and you should know why.

Avoid this and go stay near Sukhumvit or Silom. It's more happening and you will not have to pay for MRT for BTS transfer and you wont have to walk through all the awkward massage places at night. This is FAR from any of the shopping places.

Room Tip: Room 303 is the worst M size room. Avoid this room, or perhaps avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DanielOng
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 September 2012

W cose this hotel only based on its location next to BIDC where I went for dental treatment. upon arrival we were asked to pay a deposit for 3 nights. the room was a bit small and dated and there was no significant window behind the drapes - it was a just a wall with two smal windows on either side! The a/c was giving off a really bad smell . the hotel is in is a low rise building so lots of noise coming from the main street below.
We decided to leave, I stayed in the room while my husband went to scout for a more decent hotel. We requested our deposit money back but they refused citing that we sat on the bed! We ended up at the Emerald Hotel 3 minutes walk away. Management decided to keep one day's worth of the deposit after much bickering! Please make sure you request to see the room as the deposit is apparently nonrefundable otherwise find another hotel closeby tha will give you dicounted pricing as a BIDC patient!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you pay the non refundable deposit.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The Mini R is the only place to stay if you are getting dental work done. It is in the same complex as the dental hospital which means a 30 second walk to your room after treatment. I had multiple appointments per day due to my short stay and would not have been able to cope if not for having the Mini R close by to have mini rests during the day.

The hotel itself is clean; the rooms are large and staff friendly. I found the beds extremely hard; however find this to be the norm in asia. Included breakfast not so great. There is a nice restaurant down stairs who are understanding to the fact that most patrons have had painful dental work done. I had their soups and soft pastas. Train Station is close by. It is a little hard to get taxis to and from Saigon Square (Shopping Complex). Most taxi drivers refuse to take you. Before you leave, ask the receptionist to write both your destination and return address down in Thai as most taxi drivers do not know the attractions and hotel by English names.

In summary, it is the only place to stay if getting dental work done, however I would choose somewhere else next time if going for a shopping/sight seeing trip due to location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank balibride13
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Very far from the malls and most of the cab drivers do not know where is the mini ratchada hotel even though we've given the address of the hotel in thai words for them. We booked 3 nights but we cancelled the rest after 1 night stayed there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends