“NOT VERY GOOD”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have been to Basilico and this time and the service and quality of food was not up to the mark.Staff were more concerned about finishing off their duty rather than attending to the needs of the customers.f They were more worried about a lady who came in who seemed to be a staff member or girlfriend of a staff member.The pizza that was ordered was just ordinary.Have tasted much better pizzas in Basilico.Need to improve on the quality of service with more enthusiastic staff.Better service with quality product is important.

1  Thank Ramesh0304
There are newer reviews for Basilico Pizzeria Soi 20

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Located in the middle of Sukhumvit this Italian restaurant offers a wide range of Italian dishes. From vitello tonnato, to pasta, to pizza & calzone as well as a nice selection of Italian and local wines.
We had pizzas and they are really big!! Especially for the price, which is really not expensive! My pizza was really salty and sadly also burned. The others seemed to be ok, even if they were also burned a bit.

Sadly the other tourists that dropped by appeared quiet primitive as they came in topless and remained this way. For me as a guest this is quiet disturbing and I would recommend the managers to politely let them know that this is not a beach bar in Pattaya.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Situated about halfway down Soi 20 on the left coming from Sukhumvit Road. I have passed the restaurant numerous times and decided to pay a visit one evening. The restaurant appears to be relatively new with a contemporary design.

The premises are quite large with a light airy feel. Sadly this means the atmosphere is somewhat lacking leaving the restaurant having a generic chain restaurant soulless feeling.

There was a long delay between being seated and my order being taken even though there were only about half a dozen other customers. I ordered a penne pasta dish which I have to say was not memorable but just about acceptable. I also had a bottle water with a beer. Whilst the restaurant seemed to be well staffed service was slow and it proved difficult attracting their attention when I wanted the bill. One of my pet hates when paying the bill is the long drawn out process of waiting for the bill to arrive, the service staff then disappear, I draw their attention then to fact I have put the cash in the folder, the folder is then taken away and then reappears a good while later with small denomination notes in the hope the customer will leave a tip. In fact the process of paying the bill took almost as long as it took to eat the meal.

A point in the restaurants favour was the price which was fairly reasonable for European food in Bangkok. I know of better Italian restaurants in Bangkok and so won't be returning. I hope I caught them on a bad day because certainly with better staff motivation the restaurant could certainly give a better customer experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Delizioso cibo italiano - must say we find this restaurant quite reliable every time we go there...nice ambiance and very good service. Best of all, they have a good choice for a vegetarian - afterall they have a separate veg menu :)
Quality of food is very good, presentation is nice as well. Whenever we get seat near open kitchen table, we admire pizza making there. Though we like pasta more at Govinda (Soi 22, Bkk), for pizza this is the place for us.
Staff is quite good- welcoming, courteous and helpful.
Only issue we have found with this restaurant is that it is little bit pricey, but then we have had worse food at still pricier places (better rated than Basilico - like medici), so not a major issue.
Overall, we would go back again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my partner eat out most nights in Bangkok and very rarely write bad reviews unless we feel we've had the mickey taken out of us. We each got a Calzone which came to a whopping 1000 baht, it was awful. When cutting into it, grease and juice from the processed ham slices poured out, they seemed to forget to put any sort of tomato sauce inside which meant it was very bland.Along with the obviously extra cheap ingredients made for a distasteful experience. Definatly the worst value for money weve experienced in 6 months in Bangkok and the owners should be ashamed for charging those prices for such dreadful quality of food.