“Phachara Suites...Excellent”

Ranked #187 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Phachara Suites...Excellent”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Phachara Suites in Soi 6 in Sukhumvit was a delight from start to finish.
Our 6 night stay felt too short. FOH staff were elegant, caring and efficient. Doormen were attentive, helpful and smiling.

As per most hotels in the area a golf buggy-type of tuk-tuk was available to whisk us to Sukhumvit Road...please ask door staff, not the taxi drivers who hang around the tuk-tuk. If you turn left after exiting the hotel it is not a long walk to Nana monorail station on Sukhumvit Road. Turn right upon exit, the walk is twice as long, and takes you past the many bars which Nana area is well known for. Note: with so many hotels in the area taxi drivers are in abundance, but like to charge high prices. We got lower prices by going up to Sukhumvit Road.

Booking through Asia Web Direct gave us a great deal on room price, with an upgrade to Studio Executive room [no problems when asking, however our non-smoking request went unheeded, needing open windows to get rid of the smell]. Very roomy. Extra large bed, and comfortable. Good bathroom, shower and bath. Nice kitchen. Sink, bar fridge, hotplate and microwave. Plenty of seating to invite friends around. Balcony fine for one person to go out and stretch!

Pool is very large, with plenty of pool-side seating. Room card needed to enter, same for elevator.
Breakfast area bright and modern. Buffet food range Asian and western was adequate, with eggs/omelettes made to order, ask staff. Noticed chef regularly came out of kitchen to check on situation. Rooms cleaned very well.

So many bars/eating establishments abound, but the nicest was Aviva on Soi 8...exit left from Phachara Suites, and continue straight along Soi 6 into what seems like another hotel at end of soi...but this takes you through to Soi 8 and directly to another eating/massage area...in which Aviva restaurant is cosy, and best value.

7-Eleven in the area is about 50 metres to the left of hotel after exiting, located in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We only stayed there for 2 days but it is so amazing. we were upgraded to a suite and so amazing. They have great facilities like the gym and the pool as well. Not to mention their spa their so so relaxing. the 2 days stay was not enough to pamper yourself staying there. hoping to be back in bangkok and stay on the same hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a two night stopover on the way back from Europe to NZ. Chose the hotel online and was not disappointed. Got a free upgrade to a mini suite which more than matched my requirements. Buffet style breakfast included and whilst not 5 star with regards to selection or quantity, was more than sufficient. Pool on the fifth floor is covered so does not get tepid during the heat of the day. Walking to Sukhumvit road and equidistant to two metro stations. All in all a very enjoyable stay and will not hesitate to book here again the next time I pass through Bangkok

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 3 nights visiting bangkok. The phacjara suites hotel is located on soi 6, a quite little one-way lane just off soi 4. Easy walking distance to the nightlife areas around nana, and a short taxi ride to asok; however, the sound-proofing in the rooms were good, with no audible noise from outside.

Reception staff were friendly and efficient, the restaurant has some yummy options and good service, and the rooms are cheap for what the offer: balcony, washing machine, kitchenette, separate dining and lounge areas.

The only downside was the housekeeping staff, who consistently failed to replenish used toiletries ...

Nonetheless, this remains my favorite place to stay near sukhumvit-nana, and will be coming here again next trip to Bangkok.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrew_Alin
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here on two occasion in a span of 2 weeks. The first trip here was with my family, 9 people total so we booked two 2 bedroom apartments. Full kitchen, clean, modern, dining table and a big balcony with a great view. 2 restroom, one in the master bedroom, and one in the living room that can be accessible through the 2nd bedroom and the living room. Each room has 2 nice thick robes, iron/board. Our family really enjoyed our stay there.

When my family flew back to the States from Saigon, I was still on my vacation so I flew back to Bangkok and stayed here. I got the executive room that has 50 sq.meters, no balcony but with washer/dryers I think all the rooms have one which is nice because I needed to wash some clothes! Service here is great, I asked for more detergents since I had 2 loads to wash and they sent a maid up to my room to drop it off. The room is spacious, I like the layout of the room, you walk in and to the right is the small kitchen, the bed is at the very end, sofa living space in the middle, restroom to the left of the living room. I got the smoking room but here's one thing that's important I think for smokers like me, I usually tend to book hotels with balcony because I don't like to smoke in the room. It makes the room smell like crap and I'm inhaling 2nd hand smoke. But I didn't feel like spending extra money for a 1 bedroom suites so I gave this room a try. You can open the window and smoke! or open the window to let fresh air in if you do smoke inside. This is the same with Le Fenix, Smart Suites which I think is great.

The location is great. It's a 5 minutes walk to Nana and about 8-10 minutes to Nana BTS. It's far enough from the craziness so it's actually not loud at night when you try to sleep so I think it's good for family with kids. The shutter will take you to the BTS or main road if you need. If you don't want to walk through the craziness at night time, you can walk the other way on soi 6 which is quiet and not too many people just taxis and you'll end up at the main road and Nana BTS. 7-11 right across the street if you need anything. Lots of street food and fruits right at the corner on soi 4 for lunch, dinner.

Service is great, easy check in and check out. My flight was at 10:30PM and my check out time was extended to 2PM. They held my luggage at the hotel until 8PM when I came back to go to the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Having spent a few days of our first week at the Phachara, we were impressed enough to book another five days to finish off our holiday. What suited us best was the great location on the relatively quiet Sukhumvit Soi 6, which is situated between the infamous Soi Nana and Nana Sky train station. Although a short walk to both neither caused us any disturbance during the day or night. The rooms we stayed in - the Deluxe Studio followed by Executive Studio, were also impressive. Both were large with kitchenettes, king size comfortable beds and seating areas. The executive also included a washing machine, balcony and more attractive decor. We can't comment on the food at the hotel as we enjoy eating out and there are numerous places close by. For me breakfast is only a short walk to the Bus Stop cafe/pub and for some very inexpensive quality meals our favourite is the Food floor at Terminal 21, Asoke. Getting to Nana station and onwards to Asoke or other places is easy thanks to the free tuk tuk service provided by the hotel - though it's a shame it only runs until 6pm. Another free service is the wifi, not great if you have to depend on it but good enough to keep up to date with your emails and news. There is a pool but again we never tried it.

Any criticism of the hotel has to be directed at the staff, in our opinion it is by far their weakest strength. There were two incidents which would take too long to go into but I will offer you the following advice. When you are shown your room thoroughly check the condition of everything and do the same after its been cleaned. If you or your partner are Thai and you are asked for your ID after an evening out ask them why you are being singled out! There does appear to be a failure of communication between the staff and management, so if you have a problem make sure you talk to the person that counts.

To sum up I would recommend the hotel for its great location and we'll appointed rooms. We would certainly stay there again but if we do we'll be heeding our own advice!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank brijon
nathalie_post, General Manager at Phachara Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Brijon,

Thank you for your feedback on your last stay with us.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Phachara Suites and namely its excellent location in the centre of numerous popular restaurants, entertainment places and shopping malls.
We have well noted that you have appreciated the large sized studio rooms which all come fully equipped with kitchenette, washer dryer and very comfortable bedding.
Your comment regarding the miscommunication with our security team has been noted for our further improvement and we would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Post
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Rooms were clean with great amenities - washing machine and dryer which is so handy when travelling. Large comfy bed which was great as I became sick with the flu so I ended up staying in bed for a few days. Very short walk to the Sky train Nana station, and in 2 stops you are at the centre of the shopping mall district. Approximately 20kms from the airport and takes about 20 mins via taxi to Khao San Road. Depends what you want to do in Bangkok which determines where you stay, but we were happy at this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Amfxoxo,

Thank you for staying at the Phachara Suites.
We are very sorry to hear that you were not feeling very well for a couple of days and we hope that you nevertheless still managed to enjoy most of the many sights and activities Bangkok has to offer.
The quality of the bedding provided in our rooms is indeed one of the many features our guests appreciate when staying at Phachara Suites. The proximity of the hotel withing walking distance from Nana skytrain station makes it easy for our guests to travel around the city centre for shopping, dining and entertainment.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Warm regards,