“Read before booking.”

Ranked #37 of 670 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Read before booking.”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Hotel situated in an alley not open to vehicles. Not recommended for the elderly or disabled.

Not recommended for those who cannot manage multiple luggages. Taxi or transport drops you off in the busiest and narrowest soi in Pratunam. Alley is sheltered all the way to the hotel but the street is prone to ankle height water when it rains heavily.

I was a lone traveller on this last minute semi-biz trip to BKK. I didn't like the way the front desk guy telling me that i am not allowed to bring guest to my room and i certainly did not like the way he looked at me or the tone of his voice when he informed me of this house rule. I had absolutely no intention of such activities. I don't even go for massages. The closest stranger that gets to touch me is a barber or a hairstylist/ shampoo person.

The room is comfortable. Nice TV with plenty of channels but somehow, the international news channels have bad reception. The aircon is fine. Toilet is clean but the water pressure of the shower is a little too weak. The wash basin tap pressure is stronger. Walls are thin. I can hear the next door guest walking around his room, especially at night.

I tried to send my pants for washing and ironing but was informed that it would take 3 days and was nicely told to go 3 soi's away to a laundry service. The away laundry service gave my wash a 24hr turnaround and for only 20baht. Amazing cheap.

2 bottles of complimentary mineral water. Another thing. I wished the curtains weren't white and so thin. I think the occupiers of the inn on the opposite side can probably see thru the curtains. The view from my window is the next building, cozy inn. If it rains. You can't see it but you will know it is raining because you will be able to hear it. At first, i thought the aircon compressor has gone noisey but it was a thunderstorm.

I won't be returning to Budacco Hotel on my future trips to Bangkok. Not my kind of hotel. Make sure you inform the hotel that you want a smoking room. I had to ask for one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank m36705

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

First impression was not good, our taxi driver did not know how to get there even though we showed him the map we printed off. Drove through some very noisy and bustling markets and eventually saw a tiny sign which pointed to the hotel down a small alleyway.

It got much better however, the hotel was trendy, clean and surprisingly quiet. Definitely good value for money, although breakfast is a bit expensive if your booking doesn't include it. Mall/markets are nearby and relatively close to the main attractions.

Would definitely stay here again, especially as it's only 5-10 mins walk away from Ratchaprarop metro station which goes straight to the airport. If you have a good sense of direction and want to save a few bucks I would recommend getting the metro instead of a taxi from the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slh28
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 August 2011

to go in and out of the hotel is not easy, you need to pass through the crowded market day and night.

2 Thank zieL7
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Checked-in 9/Jul Checked-out 11/Jul Room# 34 & 86

I believe this the 1st boutique hotel i ever been comes with so well trained stuff, polite, prompt, ready to help, organize and well maintained premises.

Me and my family loves this hotel so much during our short stay and we will go back again during our next trip to BKK. Is so near to Platinum Mall the wholesale market, and Baiyoke Hotel for internatiol Buffet.

Before we forget, we love their breakfast and the nice dining place. =)

Simply lovely boutique hotel for budget stay with most impressive friendliness and hospitality of the stuff. Thumbs up and do maintain the well-being ya!!

See you soon Budacco!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank VerniceLim
melbourne victoria
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel was simple,convenient to shopping, friendly and clean. We enjoyed our stay and felt right in the action of things.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 July 2011

5th - 9th July(5D4N) excellent budget boutique stay!

Location
1. Taxi driver are not very sure of the location of Budacco.
Do remember to print the hotel map for the taxi driver at the airport to show them the location of the hotel (Budacco is just between Baiyoke Sky 1 and 2).

2. Staff and Facilities
Welcome drink served upon arrival.
Staff are super friendly and nice!! Got the deluxe room at level 8!
Staff would give you the passcode for the free wi-fi !
Breakfast buffet is not a wide spread but the food is still good.

3. Shopping and food!
Budacco is just a few steps away from pratunam market and the shopping paradise, platinum mall !
Many massage parlours opposite indra square, next to baiyoke sky!
Night market just downstairs, look for the fried rice roadside food stall ! awesome!!! :D
Very near to Amari Watergate hotel, my tailor shop Paul's Fashion.

WIll definitely stay at Budacco when I visit BKK again! :D

3 Thank sherlynler
Singapore
Reviewed 2 July 2011

It was a really pleasant surprise to check into Budacco.
Our taxi came out from the mid-day Bangkok traffic jam and weaved through the narrow streets lined with street side shops and checking in was WOW.

Receptionist and all staff were really courteous and friendly. The decor was modern and feels almost like a boutique hotel.
A welcome drink was served while checking in, and we had our bags carried up to our room.

We booked an Oriental room and requested for higher floors and we got the 7th floor.
Love the decor. Room was very clean, tastefully decorated and furnished.
Bathroom was nice.
Shower gel and shampoo was provided but no toothbrushes but it is alright, we brought our own.

We had free room wifi connection and cable TV too.

There is free wifi downstairs at the small cafe on the ground floor too which we are glad to have while eating our breakfast.

Breakfast fare is simple with a staple of rice, rice noodles, eggs (cooking style varies each day, chicken sausages, ham, tomatoes, fresh salad, local fruits, rice pop and cornflakes cereals, toast and jam coffee and tea. I didn't really mind the simple fare considering it is just breakfast and usually we eat more as we roam the streets during the day.

Location is great!
Step out and you see heaps of street food stalls and street shopping. The hotel is located smack in the night market which gets busier later into the night and reopens from 5am to 9am. Hence, would be good to get a room on the higher floors if you mind the noise.

Short walk to Indra Square, Platinum Mall with more shopping!!!!
Short walk to a line of massage shops near Baiyoke Sky. I went there almost end of every day for a foot massage.
Across the street is a 7-11 convenience store.

I wished it was nearer to a train station. Walking back from the train station back to Budacco nearly killed my bad ankles.

Love the stay. At the end of the day, returning to a clean and tastefully furnished room feels like having comforts of a home.

I would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: Request for higher floors to avoid street noise