“Will stay again”

Ranked #35 of 616 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Philippines
“Will stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I together with my 2 kids and my mom enjoyed our stay in budacco. I love the clean and fruity smell once you enter the place. The room, bed, and bathroom- always clean. It's very near the shopping area.

I can't think of anything negative except for the limited food selection for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Had a wonderful 4 night stay at the budacco hotel in bkk. At first I was kind of nervous bec. The taxicab didn't know which way to go and we were going through narrow streets...he finally dropped us off somewhere and said we had to walk from there. Asked the Thai lady selling veggies and she didn't know either. After calling the hotel, she left her stall and guided us there herself. So very hospitable! The hotel is a hole in the wall but right smack in the center of the night market...heaven! Walking distance to platinum fashion mall, baiyoke towers, central world, thai massage salons and street food stalls (highly recommended!) love love love the location! the hotel is very new, rooms squeaky clean, staff very attentive (although one gave us directions to the floating market in bkk) but forgot to tell us it was closed on weekdays so we spent money for the cab to find nothing there...otherwise, We had a wonderful stay here and would definitely go back. Value for money, can't wait to go back! (oh, beware of the tuktuk driver hanging out at the massage salons...they scam you by taking you to a restaurant that charges outrageous sky high prices, they should close this restaurant down...pratunam seafood the worst part of our trip!)

1 Thank pilgrim032
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

This is the 3rd time we stayed in this hotel! And it never fails us!

I remembered our first stay, we were there for 6 days, we left the "DND" sign outside the door, by the third day, the staff called our room and ask if everything is alright or is any of us are sick... We felt very touched that they notice us and account for all the guest in their hotel. They are a very good host who looks after their guest very well.

As for the rooms, don't expect a five star luxury setting. This is a simple boutique hotel. Clean, fun & colorful. Most importantly, their staff provides a 7 star service!

Each time we enter or leaves the place, all the staff including the security guard never fails to greet us with a "hello or goodnight"...

I would like to praise each and every Buddacco staff for their job well done! They are the elites of the service professionals industry.

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I love Budacco. the quality of breakfast served is excellent. Other services are good such as coffee, needed accessories. but the road it is on is very very busy and taxi can't go into the street. Otherwise it is a walking distance to pratunam market, baiyoke tower, and many other shopping malls. 15-20 min walk to siam squre, mbk and central world. However there are other hotels with better locations around the pratunam area. However those hotels are not as good in quality and services they provide.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sammy491
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

First the room was spacious and quite clean i would say.
Only suitable for couple as only king size bed available?

Breakfast has limited choices but the quality are good.

The staffs seems to be very friendly but apparently they talk very weird.
Always give me a very unsincere replies without any much thinking.
I stay from 6th to 8th Jan 2012. There are 3 shift or receptionists, 2 guys and 1 lady.
Only the lady is helpful, the other two guys answer pretty bad.

If not for the recept, i would rate this hotel 5 stars!
I would still come back to this hotel though=) But i would skip my enquiries through the recept ba.

At late night, walking back to the hotel abit scary though. ^_^

Cheers!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as in the night those market starts packing up will make some noise. Being...
Haarlem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

The budacco has nice rooms (without a view) that are clean and spacious, everything you need is there. The location though is a bit of a downside. The alley is dark and littered and the only station is the air link ratchaprarop so you’ll have to deal with the taxi- and tuk tuk-drivers about a good price to get underway. We paid 70b to get to the grand palace by taxi-meter and 150b from chinatown back to the hotel with a tuk-tuk.
Staff is very helpfull and friendly. Breakfast is fine and included in the price. Using wifi is free.
We didn’t do any shopping. Maybe if you’re into a shopping spree, this is just your place because there are a lot of shopping malls in the area and also a market. The baiokan sky hotel is around the corner and fun to visit. They have a rotating observatory and you get a free drink in the roof top bar.
This was our second stay in Bangkok and we prefer the Urban House. Its located in a better and more quiet neighbourhood and situated between two railway/metrostations.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and could still here noise from the streets. Make sure you don't end up...
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

My party of three stayed in Budacco for 4 nights in December 2011.

Budacco has the Pratunam night market at its doorstep and is a mere 5-10 mins walk to Platinum Fashion Mall and Pantip Plaza. However, the biggest drawback for me is the fact that Budacco is not near a BTS station. The nearest would be Chidlom or Phaya Thai. We walked to Chidlom (after nearly being conned by a tuk-tuk driver!!) and it took us at least 20 minutes. If you don't mind taking taxis/tuk-tuks or intend to spend your time confined to the Pratunam area, then yes Budacco's location is ideal. But if you would like to explore areas outside of Pratunam, then this hotel will not be a good choice. The second drawback is the fact that there are many foreign males in the lane where the hotel is located and it was not something I was comfortable with, as I was travelling with 2 other ladies.

TIP: On our last day, we found out that the BTS is connected to the Airport Rail Link, the nearest of which is the Ratchaprarop Station, 5 mins from Budacco. Board the ARL to get to Phaya Thai (15 baht if I remember correctly, just one stop), get off and board the BTS to wherever you wish (15-30 baht, depending on location). I wish the hotel staff had informed us of this because it would have saved us the hassle of haggling with taxi drivers over fares or trekking all the way to Chidlom. More importantly, we could have avoided Bangkok’s crazy traffic jams! We travelled by the ARL to get to Suvarnabhumi, very fast (30 mins) and very cheap (40 baht per person). And yes we dragged our giant luggages through the busy street to Ratchaprapop station, took us slightly longer because of the extra weight but still 10 mins tops.

The staff of Budacco were very helpful. Not all were friendly or warm but they were definitely polite and offered assistance when needed. There was a misunderstanding on the day I checked in. Due to a change in plans, I had an extra person with me whereas my booking indicated 2 paxs only. I paid for the 3rd and was given a mattress, without the bed frame. My 3rd person had to essentially sleep on the floor. I was not pleased and raised the issue with the front desk. It didn’t help that I had already paid in full the non-refundable amount upon check in (a silly policy, IMO).

Nevertheless, the matter was resolved and I was later informed that extra beds were actually subjected to availability. This is another silly policy because if you expect me to pay for the extra person, then I expect to be given a proper extra bed. However, the deluxe room is a bit on the small side and the existence of two pillars made it a bit difficult to squeeze the extra bed. The staff and I compromised by shifting the bench in the room to make way for the bed. So if you have an extra person, inform the hotel in advance to minimize any miscommunication. The hotel also has advisories in the rooms about scams and such, which I found very helpful and prevented me from being conned by above-mentioned tuk-tuk driver.

All in all, the hotel itself is good - reasonably priced, colourful clean rooms and good staff. But the location is a turn off for me, with the noise, the seemingly shady characters loitering around and the far distance from the BTS.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the Indra Regent, better view than those on the other side of the hallway. High...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family