“mystic place is fantastic”
Review of Mystic Place

Mystic Place
Ranked #141 of 742 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2011

It's one of the best hotel, good food, the staff here are all nice and the rooms are gorgeous. Nice design and it's near to JJ market and skytrain.
visit their website to see different rooms http://www.mysticplacebkk.com/

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Like everyone says, the place is awesome. The decor was just mind-blowing and hilarious. We decided to spend the last night of our trip here and we paid additional 500baht so we can check-out at 6pm. What we see in the pictures, was what we get. Service was good, and food was okay.

We hated the location. Yes, it is 7-8 minutes away from Chatuchak Weekend Market. But that's about it. For the amount we paid for a night, it is not worth it. We had to take cabs EVERYWHERE. Yes, they provide a service to the Chatuchak Weekend Market and the sky train, but it def didn't make me save any money.

If you're staying here, be prepared to take a lot of cabs to places and back to hotel. But here's the worst part, be prepared to be taken in rounds as most taxi drivers have NO IDEA where this hotel is. Although they have a 'taxi card', that didn't help that we spend 3 minutes trying to explain the location. Some refuse to take us.

I like the place, but location was just turned off. Oh btw, the room that we picked had no toilet door and it was in the open. As much as I like kinky, this is a bit off from my taste. When we have to do our big business, one of us has to be in the balcony so we don't have to smell (;

Well, this hotel has ups and downs. I won't stop people from staying here. But it will be won't be my first choice if I am going back to Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

mystic place was really gorgeous.

they give you a big book to search through all of the pictures of the rooms you want (we chose the black themed one with mirrors everywhere that was in some sort of thai music film clip, very cool)

the rooms are HUGE and gorgeous and really trendy, not to mention incredibly clean. if you want a run of the mill sterile western style hotel, do yourself a favour and don't stay here. the rooms are so gorgeous and make you feel like you're in some sort of hippy/boho artists commune.

it is quite far away from a lot of the action in bangkok but the train system is fantastic and it's like 2 minutes from chatunchak markets.

the receptionists/owners are so incredibly kind and welcoming, plus the free breakfast in the morning is fabulous, fresh and tasty.

i seriously can't reccomend it enough.

Room Tip: have a look at the photo book before choosing a room!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollyequin
Reviewed 23 September 2011

this hotel is very nice in picture! be careful in choosing the room! there are rooms that are really pretty and some are not.

PRO: very spacious . nice and helpful staff.

CONS: It is not totally clean. I don't like the smell of the room.There is a stair in the toilet which is very weird and may cause an accident! bad floor, no tiles whatsoever. far from JJ mall.

Room Tip: if you are interested in JJ mall it's best for you since they have free tuktuk but you have to g...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I love this 'place' , the rooms are really fun! The staff were also great, I was very impressed by their service.

The restaurant was also excellent, very tasty Thai food

Looking forward to coming back!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Lostinasia123
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Mystic place rooms is true to its name. There is definitely something mystic about the unique interiors of this hotel. This hotel is not for the average tourist. You need to have a appreciating eye and a sense of humor to enjoy your room's interiors. Each room is done up in a unique style and you can view it online before you reserve one. Service is prompt. Food is much better than other small hotels in Bangkok. Has a spa offering massages at a competitive rate. If you are staying for a long time, you can ask to change rooms frequently in order to enjoy more room types. We loved our room although even a seasoned tourist like me couldn't tolerate the red tube light in the shower cubicle! :)

Room Tip: Each room is done up in a unique style and you can view it online before you reserve one.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

If you're reading this review, your search for a hotel in Bangkok should be over. You're probably asking yourself why, and I'll be more than happy to tell you.

Mystic Place is an extraordinary establishment. I've been here for over two weeks now, and dread the day I have to leave. In the amount of time I've been here I still can't find a single thing I dislike about the place.

Are you looking for a hotel that:
- Provides 5 Star superior customer service?
- Makes you feel like family instead of a guest?
- Has employees that are cheerful, intelligent, and are eager to meet your every request?
- Has genuine employees who you can get to know personally instead of trying to interact with employees at larger chain hotels who are trained to read from scripts?
- Has really cool and unique themed rooms, where you can change to a new room each day if you'd like?
- Is conveniently located to Chatuchak Market?
- Will transport you for FREE to the BTS Sky Train and to the Chatuchak Market?
- Provides an amazing buffet breakfast each morning included in your room rate?
- Offers FREE wi-fi as well as public computers to use for accessing the Internet?

I honestly cannot say enough good things about the staff at Mystic Place. I've met nearly all of them by now, and simply put each and every one of them is incredible. They are a tremendous asset to this business and Mystic Place is very, very lucky to have all of there here working together. It is because of them that I feel compelled to write this review and share with the world the wonderful experience I've had here.

As a seasoned world traveler who was been to Thailand three times now I assure you it gets no better than this for the price. If you read this review yet choose to stay somewhere else and find yourself complaining, just remember I told you so.

Well done Mystic Place! Well Done!!! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo