Mystic Place
US$60
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
All reviewschatuchak marketsaphan kwaiunique roomsfamous weekend marketsoft towelsstreet foodbudget placemo chitbts stationminute walkhuge roomvictory monumentstreet vendorsjatujakthailandratesproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I fully recommend this place, especially for younger travelers who don't mind splurging a bit more compared to a $20 hostel and want something more interesting. The whole place has a vibrant feel from the area where you eat breakfast to your unique room, each of which has a different interior design.

Service:
The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and English is no issue. The front desk helped arrange for my friend and I a driver to get us to Ayutthaya. We also switched rooms each night to try out the different setups, and they moved our stuff each day to the next room while we were out.

Price:
Our rooms were about 1500 baht a night. Speaking from a budget traveler perspective, it's more than what you'd pay for a shared dormitory style at a hostel, but the rooms are large and the double bed and privacy is nice.

Rooms:
As mentioned, each room has a unique style and it's wonderful to stay in a different style each night at the same place. Each room we stayed in has a double bed, TV, shower/toilet, AC, the usual. Some of the rooms have a small balcony that look out to the street side, as well.

Breakfast:
The complimentary breakfast is GREAT. As an American living in Singapore and who also lived in Japan for a bit, I always get a huge craving for what I consider American-style breakfast (all the stuff you get at Denny's, Wafflehouse, etc.), so I was pleasantly surprised to see that you can choose between Pad Thai or French toast/scrambled eggs/bacon for breakfast which they will cook upon order. This is all in addition to the fresh fruits, toast, yogurt, and juice that they have laid out on the table.

Location:
While this place isn't located in central Bangkok, the road it's located on (Pradipat Rd) is full of roadside street stalls, restaurants, convenience stores, and other shops, all of which give you the feel that you're staying in with the locals and not some tourist-centered spot. Next door to here is also a massage place where you can get a 1-hour Thai massage for 250 baht. Also, a 5-10 minute walk to the main road will get you to the overhead rail (Saphan Kwai BTS) where you can ride it to the city center.

The next time I go to Bangkok, I will surely be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Goodtastingsteak
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed for 3 weeks in room 304, a large zen-inspired place with a huge rooftop. The staff was extremely nice and helpful (Nok and Taz particularly.)
The breakfast was fresh and plentiful, and there's an attached café where they make excellent fruit juices.
I would also recommend this hotel because of its location: a "real" neighborhood away from the tourist areas, yet very well connected thanks to the BTS.
In short, I would definitely stay there next time I go to Bangkok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We loved staying in "Wish You Were Here" at Mystic Place. The room was very spacious and clean and the air-conditioning was pleasantly arctic. We didn't really get to take advantage of the included breakfast as we had 3 early starts and the kitchen wasn't open yet but the coffee was good. The cafe attached to the hotel also had great cheap food, but the absolute best part of our stay was the massage parlor inside the hotel complex. It was only 10m from our room and offered super cheap and awesome massages. The only negative was the bathroom was a little bit shabby but still clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

If you consider yourself a bit of a arty person then this place is just gorgeous
Every room differently decorated and theme.
We stayed 2 nights in one and 2 nights in another
Near the BTS skytrain not far to other places
Great breakfasts
Great service smiling faces
Would I go back again......You bet we would

Room Tip: Ask to look at rooms but they all are pretty cool We stayed in one with a big barrel bath loved it. We also stayed in the green room, loved it too
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We chose to stay here because it is near the Bangkok North bus stationn (Mochit) where our coach from Siem Reap stops after a 6 hour journey. Well, the taxi driver had a hard time finding the hotel eventhough we are only 10 minutes drive from Mochit. The hotel website should really have the direction/address/map in Thai so that we can print it and show it to taxi drivers.

The reception staff are very courteous and helpful and promptly took our luggage upstairs to the chosen two rooms. The first room is called Miss Lilly and it smells of sewage being masked by air freshener so we had to leave the door open for a long time to change the foul smell. We later found the the sewage smell coming from the bathroom and there are obvious signs of old pipe leakage. Ironically, I also had diarrhea the next day so it was not the best stay. The staff are really nice as they even offer to walk down the street to buy me some comfort food such as plain rice porridge when they learnt about my bad stomach at breakfast time. Unless the hote is properly renovated, I am afraid we will not return again despite the convenience of it to places like the Chatuchak Weekend Market and also Bangkok North bus station.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom and smell the air before you unpack your luggage, be brave to change to a different room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family