“Unique rooms in Pradipat street”
Review of Mystic Place

Mystic Place
Ranked #141 of 732 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in Mystic Place for 2 nights.
The staff are all friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast - toast, Thai fried rice, porridge, yohgurt, eggs, etc - for your full energy of the day.
The room was very unique and still very comfortable.
It takes about 20 minutes away to Don Muang Airport by taxi. We visited Chatuchak Market and the hotel covered the taxi cost. (Thank you.)
There is a massage spa next to the hotel and we got rid off tiredness of our long flight there.
Interesting indeed, yet there is no lift in the building so be aware that you will carry your luggage on stairs unless you request help.
There are places to eat around as well as convenience stores.
Despite it is non-smoking in the room, there is an ash tray in the balcony and I believe it is allowed to smoke there.
It could be better if there was a wardrobe or something to hang clothes. Also we wanted a safe in a room. Maybe there is, but we could not find it in our room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff are, without exception, helpful and friendly. Most of them speak good to very good English, too, which is a benefit. The hotel is well located for access to the Skytrain and other pubic transport - large numbers of buses operate along Phahon Yothin (at the cross roads about 400 m from the hotel) and are very cheap and easy to use - as well as Chatuchak Market. The area is well served with shops and restaurants, and the "street food" is generally excellent, too.

The concept underlying the hotel is that the decor in each room is designed by a different artist. That's excellent. We had a delightful room done by a well known Thai artist. It was well furnished and comfortable - the bed almost exceptionally so. The only downside, if it was one, was that the decoration seemed to have been done several years ago. Because of that, there were some (very) minor irritations. The shower head support was falling away from the wall, for instance, so that you could not leave the head in place while having a shower in the intriguing, wooden-planked, bath. If you tried to do so, the floor got wet instead.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel can be affected slightly by noise from the main road, at times. The...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Based principally on it's central location, my company made arrangements for me to stay here for a short time. Given it's location it's a tad noisy, not that it makes any difference as the room provides a very comfortable king size bed, a working air-con, FREE in room Wi-Fi and a few western news channels on the TV. What generally surprised me is the hospitality, first impressions often fade, hand on heart, i can honestly say that this family run business hold the keys to make your stay truly unforgettable!

My only question is why do you provide tea and NO coffee in the rooms?

Room Tip: Designed by local artists, each and every room has it's own quirky characteristics, check out th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at Mystic Place during our last days in Thailand. The location is handy though a tad noisy (as is Bangkok generally).
As for the hotel and staff, both were marvellous. As a special touch, I received a cake on my birthday! It was a lovely experience.
There is a free shuttle during the day to visit Chatuchak Market, with return.
The decor is quite beautiful.
The only disappointing aspect was a visit to the masseurs in the lane next door. The masseurs on our visit seemed intent on causing muscle damage and I was much sorer afterwards than when I walked in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stay there on the way to holiday as well on the way back from holiday, great location, 10 min walk from the JJ weekend market, nice staff, very friendly and welcoming, nice breakfast, friendly with kids, the street in full of local food after dark, the rooms are so beautiful, different design in each room very trendy. its not 20$ a night but for an extra 10$ you can enjoy a really nice place , will defiantly come back again

Room Tip: All rooms seems nice
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was there for an extended weekend and was glad that my friend found this awesome hotel. The staff were extremely accommodating and helped us book all the trips we wanted. They constantly worked with me even though at times I even knew I was being demanding.

The complimentary breakfast was great, wifi worked well and the rooms were great. If you are willing to spend just a little bit more, they have a room called the Bird's Next - absolutely wonderful.

The location is a bit tricky because it is not in the center of the city, but to be honest I thought of it as a plus. Yes, it took a little bit more time to get around, but I felt like I got a little bit more of the local flavor and it's nice to stay away from the crazy traffic that downtown can be plagued with.

Loved the place - you will too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I fully recommend this place, especially for younger travelers who don't mind splurging a bit more compared to a $20 hostel and want something more interesting. The whole place has a vibrant feel from the area where you eat breakfast to your unique room, each of which has a different interior design.

Service:
The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and English is no issue. The front desk helped arrange for my friend and I a driver to get us to Ayutthaya. We also switched rooms each night to try out the different setups, and they moved our stuff each day to the next room while we were out.

Price:
Our rooms were about 1500 baht a night. Speaking from a budget traveler perspective, it's more than what you'd pay for a shared dormitory style at a hostel, but the rooms are large and the double bed and privacy is nice.

Rooms:
As mentioned, each room has a unique style and it's wonderful to stay in a different style each night at the same place. Each room we stayed in has a double bed, TV, shower/toilet, AC, the usual. Some of the rooms have a small balcony that look out to the street side, as well.

Breakfast:
The complimentary breakfast is GREAT. As an American living in Singapore and who also lived in Japan for a bit, I always get a huge craving for what I consider American-style breakfast (all the stuff you get at Denny's, Wafflehouse, etc.), so I was pleasantly surprised to see that you can choose between Pad Thai or French toast/scrambled eggs/bacon for breakfast which they will cook upon order. This is all in addition to the fresh fruits, toast, yogurt, and juice that they have laid out on the table.

Location:
While this place isn't located in central Bangkok, the road it's located on (Pradipat Rd) is full of roadside street stalls, restaurants, convenience stores, and other shops, all of which give you the feel that you're staying in with the locals and not some tourist-centered spot. Next door to here is also a massage place where you can get a 1-hour Thai massage for 250 baht. Also, a 5-10 minute walk to the main road will get you to the overhead rail (Saphan Kwai BTS) where you can ride it to the city center.

The next time I go to Bangkok, I will surely be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends