“great value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #176 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Antwerp, Belgium
“great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

Great Hotel, friendly staff, beautiful rooms (I looooved the I-Pod speakers :0), perfect location, .....seriously, I travel a lot for my work but this Hotel , so far, was one of the better ones considering value for money...the whole mix was really good ! We will come back for sure! regards, ERwin&Fai

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
Dear Erwin & Fai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is sincerely appreciated.

I am delighted to learn that you had a good time staying with us and liked our rooms, our associates and the overall value for money. As you may already know, we are also undergoing some interesting projects to extend our hotel facilities with a brand new and trendy restaurant, and another 72 even more modern rooms, some of which have balcony and nice city view.

I am looking forward to welcome you with us again in August.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

perfect rooms, great service from the staff, although i wish they'd informed us of the free internet service they provided. the breakfast was delicious, and i have to say it again, perfect rooms - clean, large, well kept, stocked with all necessities...felt i was at a 5 star!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Dear bm_chicago,

Thank you very much for your kind words and the time you took to post a review.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at GLOW STUDIOS Trinity Silom and like our rooms and our wonderful associates. They are our true asset and unique selling point. Nevertheless, we are currently in process to step up to a next level and extend our facilities with more modern hotel rooms, a new all-day restaurant and own on-property gym.

I would hope to welcome you back with us again in the near future and be proudly at your service for any assistance you may require.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I am travelling quiet often to Bangkok and usually stay at the Glow. Not only because of the excellent value you get there but also for the warm and friendly service (from the bell boy to the GM) and for its perfect location.
The sky train station is right in front of the hotel what is a big advantage in Bangkok. The rooms are very comfortable and equipped with DVD player. The bed is perfect and ensures a relaxing sleep. For me you get there the best price value in Bangkok (wifi internet connection in the rooms is for free!!).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Dear SAT33,

Thank you very much for your review and the nice words about our hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you are continuously coming back to our hotel not only for our modern rooms and good location, but more importantly for our services provided.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Rooms are big and clean with a nice big TV set. Bathrooms are also big and well-appointed. The pool area is big and nice, but it's a bit unconveniantly located in the business tower next door. Free internet is VERY slow. The hotel is on a quiet street close to the BTS station. There are some good eating options nearby.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Dear Taatelikauppias,

Thank you very much for your review and the time you took to post it.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at GLOW STUDIOS Trinity Silom and liked our rooms and facilities. We are currently undergoing some more interesting projects to add another wing with even more modern rooms, as well as other restaurant options to our current hotel. Moreover, we are currently solving our internet issue which at times of high use is rather slow.

Therefore, I hope to welcome you back in the future and until then wish you all the best.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

While this hotel is in an excellent location for buses and trains, the breakfast was cold every morning, even when we ate at 6am when it was cooked it was like it had been cooked the night before. There was cockroaches running over the food, plates and cutlery.

The beds were like sleeping on concrete, not soft in inviting. Every morning we woke up feeling broken.

I would never stay here again

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jodie1811027
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2011
Dear Jodie1811027,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback.

I am afraid to learn that the breakfast was at bad quality. In fact the FooDie restaurant does not belong to GLOW Studios, which you probably realized due to the difference in its interior design. Therefore, we unfortunately have no control over its quality. Nevertheless, as we are already aware of this issue for some time, we are in transition to change the restaurant facilities to become according to GLOW standards. I am deeply sorry that you arrived at our hotel at a time where we did not yet complete the transition. As for the comment about our bed, I am slightly surprised as this is the first comment since we opened in 2009. Nevertheless, I wish to have heard of this issue during your visit in order to compensate you.

Once again, I apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. I do however hope that you would contact me directly through my email and GLOW STUDIOS could compensate you for your unpleasant stay as this is our standard procedure. Thank you very much.

Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed two nights. I did not expected so nice hotel before check in ,because price is reasonable . I felt like staying 4 or 5 star hotel. very clean large room with fully equipped amenities(hair dryer,bath robes and so on). I loved smell agreeably of new wood. I also loved modern deco and comfortable bed. Location is perfect ! Since BTS(train) is very near, I could go to anywhere by BTS. Neare hotel, I enjoyed cafe, massage and night market. Above all, staff of reception,bar,housekeeping are soooo kind and freindly. when I had trouble with wi-fi setting, negotiation with taxi driver, booking in Thai (interpretaion), they always help and are very kind . I am sure that I will stay again when I visit Bangkok again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Dear japan_kkee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very delighted to learn that you have been able to fully enjoy your stay with us. Moreover, I am happy to read that you were served at best by our friendly associates. We may not be a 4 or 5 star hotel as you actually mentioned, which I am thankful for, but I truly believe 4 or 5 star is overrated when it comes to service delivery at some hotels. We certainly do not have the facilities of a luxury hotel, though nice and newly renovated rooms, but our associates are trained to deliver high quality services to all our guests and assist with any queries.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back with us again in the near future once we have our project to extend our facilities finished by the last quarter of this year.

In the name of a GLOWing team. THANK YOU...

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

Close to everything. Quite location. Just let you taxi driver know it's next to the Trinity Business complex. Helpfull staff. All very young and experenced. Quick check in.
The hotel has modern fittings. And it was the most comfortable of all the beds we slept in while in Thailand. (Want's with the rock hard beds any way). I would give the Foodie Restaurant a miss though. We only ate there on our last night. We were lucky enough to be there for the Thai new year. Be prepared to get very wet and clayed. A lot of fun had by all. We gave as good as they did.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Osiris77, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Dear julz950938,

Firstly, I would like to sincerely express my thankfulness for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to read and learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Bangkok. I am also highly delighted to hear that you were served and assisted well by our associates, who for us are the most important asset at our hotel. Nevertheless, at the same time kindly take my apologies for the breakfast at FooDie. We are currently undergoing a transition for that restaurant to have it managed by the hotel, as until now it was still outsourced. Therefore, we will be able to create a warmer ambience with better control for the quality and variety of our menu. This project is due to be done by the last quarter of this year.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and I sincerely hope to welcome you back with us again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,