The good things:
* New wing of hotel has nice, large modern rooms.
* Breakfast buffet in the morning is cheap (180 Baht) and has many things to choose from. I'd recommend paying each day rather than paying in the room rate, especially if traveling solo.
* There's a small, but full service grocery store right next door. Pickup stuff for your refrigerator.
* The pool that the hotel contracts to use is in the building across the street on the 9th floor, but it's huge with swim lanes and outdoor. You'll need to get a signed slip from the hotel reception. This may also be considered a bad thing for some.
* 5 minute walk to Skytrain
* There's a pay washer and dryer on the sixth floor of the old (original) wing of the hotel
The not so good:
* The hotel walls are thin. Couple this with a DVD library that you can borrow from and in-room DVD players, and guests tend to crank up the volume. I had to ask to change rooms because the person in the next room watched movies on full blast until 2 am and ignored requests from the hotel to turn down the volume.
* Water pressure and temperature in the shower in the first room I was in wasn't good. Weak and didn't get warm. Room just down the hall was better, however.
* Difficult to control the AC temperature. It had a thermostat, but it didn't seem to matter what it was set to. Room was either freezing or too warm if you didn't turn it on and off yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trinity Silom Hotel is right for a modern traveler. As a 3 star hotel, we offer our guest for spacious 104 rooms and essential facilities such as a shower, free WiFi, comfy bed, delicious breakfast and fitness facilities, Trinity Silom Hotel is located in the heart of the City of Angels, Bangkok in an extremely characteristic and lively area within short walk distance to some of desirable shopping area, embassies and also BTS Chong Nonsi Station. Silom is undoubtedly one of the city’s most important financial districts with many bank headquarters, sky-train (BTS), underground (MRT) and great restaurants abound in the area too-and then of course there’s the famous nightlife scene of Patpong. In addition, guests will appreciate the leisure and entertainment facilities in the hotel itself such as DVD rental corner, tour desk, also outdoor swimming pool & fitness facility (Available at Trinity Complex Building). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trinity Silom Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glow By Zinc Trinity Silom Hotel Bangkok