“Great Value, Great location.”

Trinity Silom Hotel
Ranked #179 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great Value, Great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

This hotel is in the heart of a business district; it is busy during business hours with street vendors selling their foods. It will get more quiet and less bustling during the weekends as the street vendors cater mostly to the working locals on weekdays; so if you want food in the late hours you may need to find it near Sala Daeng skytrain area. The hotel itself is only 1 block from Chong Nongsi skytrain station(5 mins walk) and perhaps 10-15 mins walk to Sala Daeng Skytrain station. Bangkok traffic is heavy and challenging and during rush hour, taxi drivers may refuse your request to go to certain attractions because the traffic is so heavy it makes no business sense to them. The location of the hotel is a huge perk as my wife and I used the skytrain for most of our transportation to Chatuchuk market, Grand palace, Chinatown, and malls. As for the hotel itself; the front-line staffs are very welcoming and accommodating; their hotel manager Aaron was very helpful in helping us make reservations and gave us recommendations to other attractions as well. The hotel room was clean with minimal decors; it has all the necessary essentials just no bells and whistles. Wifi was included in my booking at it was a plus as I used it every night to look for my next attractions and plan my transportation for the next day.

Only miff I had was a hotel valet staff, I've requested transportation from the hotel to the airport. At first the staff member gave me a quote it would cost be 1700 Bahts; I refused and he later asked me what I can afford. After a bit of haggling, the price came down to about 700 Bahts. I just felt that was unprofessional, I would of expect that from a tuk-tuk driver but not from a hotel staff.

Overall great value for the location and a huge plus for being only a 5mins walk to a skytrain station.

Room Tip: Nearby: there is a food-hawker centre near the Chong Nongsi Skytrain; it is fully open during lunch...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wolfie97
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear wolfie97,

Thank you for your recent visit at GLOW Trinity Silom and for sharing your feedback with us.

It always makes me a big smile after reading the feedback from our guests and of course again this time. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that our hotel location also made your travel itinerary in Bangkok more easy and convenient. Your compliments to our Front Office team on your welcome experience and the assistance in particular, will be passing on to the team who always strive to meet guest expectations.

Further to your feedback about the miscommunication issue with our Bell Attendant regarding the cost of taxi fee, I have taken on board and will have discussion with our Front Office Manager for further investigation and solution. I am truly sorry for your disappointment and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience, however please allow me to reassure you that we will be working on implementing the necessary re-training and improvement. I sincerely trust this inconvenience will not tarnish your overall impression and experience with us.

wolfie97, thank you once again for staying and sharing your constructive feedback with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed in Glow Trinity complex in Jan 2013 after having it recommended to us by a friend.

The area is great for getting around and there are great markets and shops nearby. However it was some of the smaller details that let the place down for us.

Firstly, the building wing we stayed in wasn't quite finished when we got there and we had to be escorted though a type of building site before we could get to the lift.

The room was on the 3rd floor, and was quite roomy. Except we had an awful view onto what was essentially a dumping site from the dilapidated residential building beside the hotel. It was so bad that we had to keep the curtains closed the whole time. It was quite disgusting.

We were missing bed side tables, the TV had poor reception and limited channels, the shower was not waterproofed and flooded the bathroom each morning, the air-con unit was massive and very noisy but not very effective.

The noise transference between the rooms was also very poor. We could easily hear other people's air-con units, TVs and music throughout the night and if you want a sleep in then forget it as the noise of the cleaners around 9am outside the room is very disturbing.

The staff were very friendly and nice though.

If you're on a budget and want something lower-middle range that's clean and convenient then Glow would be fine. But for $AUD 80 a night you could probably find much better rooms.

Room Tip: Don't get one on the lower floors as the view into the neighbours dump is really very off puttin...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Seanobyrne,

On behalf of GLOW Trinity Silom I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel location convenient for your needs and our GLOWing staff was friendly and of course up to your expectation. However I am truly sorry for the inconveniences and I understand your frustrations caused from in-room facilities and unexpected noise disturbance, thus please allow me to apologize.

I will have discussions with the team to share your experiences so that we are looking into all of your points. Please be assured that we take our customer feedback very seriously as we rely a great deal on repeat business.

Seanobyrne, I really appreciate your feedback as it is valuable to us in our search of service excellence and also allows us to focus on areas of improvement. I certainly hope that we will be given an opportunity to welcoming you back again sometime in the future, where I promise you things will have improved.

Best regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed for our first and last night in Thailand at the Glow Trinity Hotel, Silom. This hotel has nothing to distinguish it from any other middle-of-the-road hotel. The staff were pleasant and polite but didn't go that extra mile. The hotel is spread over 2 buildings although I only went into the reception building. The accommodation floors above have quite depressing corridors (grey carpet, doors, walls and ceilings). The rooms seemed to be equally depressing with a very strange, huge, black imitation picture frame structure fixed at an angle to the wall. Open the curtain and you look straight into the next building. The breakfast was OK but no better than the breakfast we had when we stayed overnight in hut accommodation with a hill tribe in the north of Thailand.

You get a little spoilt by some of the very reasonable luxury accommdation in Thailand so The Glow Trinity was a disappointment. However, there are some plus points. It is in an ideal location for downtown Bangkok and the Silom Road area. It is very afordable for a city centre hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and great for an overnight stay.

I would stay there again but wouldn't want to be there more than a couple of days.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Kevin E,

Thank you for staying at GLOW Trinity Silom during your recent visit in Bangkok and for your post on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased to hear that our hotel location made your stay convenient and that you were impressed with our comfortable and clean room in Main wing.

In regards to the design of Main wing's room and corridor, I honestly appreciate and respect your comment as each hotel has its own design direction to keep it unique. Nevertheless I would personally like to invite you to experience our new Premier room in Premier wing on your next visit to Bangkok which I realize that it will bring you differently feeling while some rooms also allow you to indulge and enjoy Bangkok city view from a private balcony in the room.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we look forward the opportunities in the future whereby we can welcome you back to GLOW Trinity Silom. If I can be of any assistance at that time, please feel free to let me know.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

First time staying in such a nice boutique hotel!! Worth staying!!We booked two rooms. Our rooms no are 2501 & our parents stay at 2502. Surprised was given to my mum on 9th Jan where her birthday falls on that day. When we come back from our shopping trip, we received a birthday message and small cake from the hotel...Good service from your front desk, housekeeper & bellhop!!Well done!!Highly recommending this hotel & will come back stay again when I come to Bangkok again!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank WendyZhan
Dear WendyZhan,

Thank you for selecting GLOW Trinity Silom on your recent visit in Bangkok and of course for the detailed and positive review of our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our new Premier room and it was also great to hear that you found an abundance of service, comfort and quality during your time with us. Moreover I hope that your mom’s birthday cake was made all the more memorable and that we have left a positive lasting impression on you and your family on this speicial occasion. Your valuable review will be sharing to the entire team and I ensure that they will be more than happy to receive such a great feedback from you.

WendyZhan, It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you and you family again soon to GLOW Trinity Silom.

singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Booked 2 connecting deluxe rooms over the New year and was pretty surprise to find such good bargain over a festive season. Rooms is newly renovated, big and clean with good color coordination (I love purple). Wall have good sound proof; we expect loud guests coming back from the new year parties but were not disturb at all. However it faced a horrible diry building which is only a metre away. Rule is to keep the thick purple curtains drawn at all time.

The location is simply great for a quiet stay near city. It is 5mins walk from Chong Nonsi station and 3 stop away from Siam station. There is a 7 eleven just beside the BTS station. There is a shopping centre opposite the hotel and a food court at the basement of the building beside it. I found a pretty clean local market just a round the corner which open only on weekdays. You can walk along the market to access to Sala Daeng station and Patpong. For massage you can get at Heritage hotel (2min walk) for a cheap rate.

Overall we enjoy our stay except for 1 hiccup which is the breakdown of an air-con in 1 of the rooms. Hotel did offer a new room but we refuse to move since we love the connecting rooms. Anyway one air-con is good enough to cool up the 2 rooms and we did get a big fan when we requested one from the great staffs. I would choose to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: keep curtains drawn at all time
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear fablejas,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with GLOW Trinity Silom during your recent visit to Bangkok and for sharing your feedback with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel that you could visit every sight so easily. It is also great to hear that you were impressed by the design of our spacious and clean Deluxe room. However I would personally like to invite you to try our new Premier room in Premier wing on your next visit with us. As some of new Premier room is facing the view, it also allows you to sip your favorite drink and take in the view of Bangkok at sunset from your private balcony. Moreover, just forget about closing the curtain all day long.

In regards to your comment about the breakdown of air-conditioner in one of your rooms, I will ensure that this issue is communicated to our department concerned and taken care of. Please accept my sincere apologies for this unexpected circumstance you have encountered.

On behalf of GLOW Trinity Silom, thank you very much once again for your stay with us and I honestly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at GLOW Trinity Silom in the not so distant future.

Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This place new, clean and modern (fantastic interior design in the rooms) at a perfect location (2mins to chong nonsi BTS and 10 mins to patpong/sala deng) at a very reeasonable price. When I was here the first time it had just opened and the hotel manager was in the lobby the whole day supervising everything and asking the guests if they were satisfied which impressed me. I always try to stay here when I come to Silom, but it is no longer a secret that this place is great value for money, so it often fully booked, forcing me to stay at either much more expensive hotels or at hotels at a similar price of a much lesser standard (see my other reviews). Breakfast is nice, served in the café of the hotel. The pool is in the other building of the trinity complex, which is a little annoying, but I dont do much swimming (more shopping) in Silom anyway. There is a supermarket and several malls in the neighbouring buildings as well as a day market right next door.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Maxine D,

It was our great pleasure to welcoming you back at GLOW Trinity Silom during your recent visit in Bangkok and for your review about us.

I am so glad you had another great stay with us and that you were still impressed by the convenient location of our hotel as well as the design of our room. As we value our guest's concerns and comments, our Duty Manager, Front Office Manager or even myself are still available in the lobby area most of the time in order to ensure that every guest has a pleasant and enjoyable experience during the stay with us.

Maxine D, thank you once again for your great review and continued support to GLOW Trinity Silom. I look forward to welcoming you back whenver your travels bring you this way and please feel free to contact me if I can assist you in anyway regarding your future reservation with us.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

Again here it is the good location that made us choose the hotel. We were surprised with the size of the room for the inexpensive rate we paid. Just do not expect any view, or better keep the curtain closed if you stay in the lower floors. Everything was well functioning. The only disappointment was the breakfast – this is definitely something the hotel could improve on (the fried noodles were probably from the evening before and the smell was a warning signal to avoid having a very upset stomach).
But overall all a very good value for the rate we paid.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZrhWorldtraveller
Dear ZrhWorldtraveller,

I would like to thank you for staying at GLOW Trinity Silom on your recent visit in Bangkok and to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know that you found our room rate was reasonable and worthwhile comparing to the size of our spacious room as well as the convenient hotel location. I would also like to invite you to try our Premier room in new Premier wing where some rooms allow you to see the view of Bangkok business district and of course you do not need to keep the curtain closed all the time. Just contact our Front Desk on your next arrival and our GLOWing's Front Office team will be more than happy to assign the room that suits your needs.

For breakfast experience, I am truly sorry to hear that it was not up to your expectation. Please rest assured that your constructive feedback will be addressing to the owner of our retail restaurant for immediate improvement on the quality and taste of breakfast buffet.

ZrhWorldtraveller, thank you once again for your review and I hope to the opportunity of welcoming you back to GLOW Trinity Silom in the near future. Until then, I wish you all the best.