“Nice Hotel for the price”

Trinity Silom Hotel
Ranked #201 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very pleasant and courteous. Although pleasant and a nice experience for the price we paid, there wasn't anything in particular in terms of amenities (although full disclaimer I did not use the pool or fitness center) or service. If I go back to Bangkok I would try another hotel having already stayed at Trinity.
Pros:
1) Room was clean and decor pleasant.
2) Free water bottle for each guest.
3) Courteous staff
4) walking distance to sky train and subway (although there's a "con" in that too.
5) Cheap buffet breakfast offered--180 THB if I recall correctly (slightly odd assortment of offerings but many options nonetheless).
Cons:
1) Free wifi was either nonexistent or spotty. In middle of use would blink out and I'd either have to re log-in or restart my smartphone. Speed was a bit slow as well. Signal did not include the lobby or restaurant area.
2) Walking access from Hotel to Silom Road was via 2 connecting alleyways. During the day it was fine because the alleyways were full of street vendors. At night after 6pm, however, the vendors disappeared leaving it empty and dimly lit. My travel companion (another girl) and I weren't entirely comfortable walking through the alleyways at night but the front desk clerk insisted they were the fastest and "most safest" way to get to Silom Road.
3) Room decor was ok, a bit on the dark and gloomy side. And we couldn't open the curtains to let natural light shine in because what seemed like 10 feet across we're balconies of a neighboring apartment complex. The halls of the hotel were very dark and gloomy as well.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Hotel is located in Silom area, so lots of great restaurants, massage places, shops, all in walking distance. BTS Chong Nonsi is very close to hotel which makes it easy to go around. Front desk was very adequate and provided great service. They even walked me to the nearest supermarket since I wasn't able to find the entrance.
Pool and fitness center are located in another building which is located across from the hotel so no problem. Room was excellent, on 4th floor, quiet, great wifi, nice bathroom and good bed. All in all great value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Our room was very well appointed and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful and we think the Glow Trinity is a great choice for USA visitors. Breakfast buffet was good also and served at convenient times

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dorothy B
GLOWTrinitySilom, Rooms Division Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Dorothy B,

Greeting from GLOW Trinity Silom and trust this email finds you well.

First of all, I do apologize for late reply of your comment then i want to thank you for staying at GLOW Trinity Silom during your recent visit to Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. We are grateful for your comments as such feedback enables us to continuously monitor and improve our services.

I have read your comments and would like to express my sincere thankfulness for the good feedback you left for us. As i noticed the score is 2 (Poor) so i would wonder is there anything else or problem which i need to know for improvement? Please let us know so i can clearly share with our team for improvement.

Dorothy B, Thank you once again for your valuable time. We hope that you had a safe trip home and hope to have a chance to welcome you again whenever you return to Bangkok!

Best regards,

Whichanan (Jeng) Timkam
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

FYI: I am trying not to let the overall feel that Bangkok left stained in my memory affect my feelings toward the hotel. For those that visit Bangkok, I would suggest to pair it with a stay in Chiang Mai or towards the beach area to get away from the bustling city life. Now onto the hotel....

Overall, this hotel fit our needs. Unfortunately, we didn't spend too much time in it nor did we make use of any of it's facilities (i.e. fitness center or pool).

PROS:
1. Modern furniture.
2. Complimentary water bottles a day.
3. Clean.
4. Nice beds
5. Free wifi. Although the connection was shaky at times. It seemed that if i was on it, my friend couldn't be on it. At times we had to restart our phones to connect back up.
6. Free HBO.
7. While the breakfast wasn't anything to boast about (and people would probably recommend to go elsewhere), the coffee was excellent. My friend and I would look forward to the coffee at the end of every day!
8. Location. very close to the Skytrain and subway.

CONS (I guess these were slightly mentioned above):
1. Shaky Wifi
2. Not the best breakfast....but it sufficed for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at glow trinity beginning of jan 2014 and it was lovely they have very friendly staff who help with whatever they can. The hotel it ideally located near the chong nonsi bts station, literally at the end of the road making this a great place for getting around the city.
The room was really nice and a good size also the bath room was a good size and really good shower with good water pressure, would defiantly stay again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The location of Glow Trinity couldn't have been more perfect! You can take the airport link to Phaya Thai and then transfer to BTS Chong Nongsi, exit on the side with a 7/11, walk into the alley for one block and you're there! Being so close to a BTS was great cause it's a very convenient way to travel especially during rush hour to avoid traffic. The hotel is also about a 10 minute walk to Patpong night market and BTS Sala Daeng.

The room is modern, spacious and clean. We stayed for 4 nights and had no issues except with the shower temperature. I had to force myself into the shower for a few quick minutes because I highly dislike cold showers. We booked on hotels.com and opted out for breakfast (~$55/night) cause there are cheaper food choices around that area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Wekwong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding GLOW Trinity Silom.

I am greatly delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering returning. As mentioned, I totally agree with you about our convenient location where everything is at your doorstep.

While I was happy to read your comment, I was of course concerned to learn of the hot water issue which left you to feel disappointed. Rest assured your feedback will be shared to the team concerned in order to prevent any such shortfalls in the future.

Wekwong, thank you once again for staying with us. We at GLOW Trinity Silom will certainly be awaiting your return on your next visit to Bangkok.

Have a GLOWing day!

Phatarapong Boonkluea – Aaron
Hotel Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in Bangkok! Reasonable price, great location (near sky train) and tourist sites. The staff are excellent and very helpful!
Modern rooms. Nice coffee shop on the side. Restaurant downstairs not bad too!
Would definitely come back and stay again!
Thank you glow trinity!

Stayed: January 2014
GLOWTrinitySilom, Hotel Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing GLOW Trinity Silom and for posting a review of your experience.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our designed and modern room, a great location and of course an "Excellent" well-known service from our GLOWing team. Your kind words will be shared with the entire team which I am confident that they are very pleased to hear your comments.

I and the team certainly look forward to welcoming your next stay with us in the near future and thank you for choosing GLOW Trinity Silom.

Have a GLOWing day!