“Friendly & Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #176 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly & Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

very welcoming and helpful staff, whether at check in or whenever we returned. hotel provides free DVD rental, which was awesome for people like us, who don't particularly enjoy nightlife but are not yet ready for bed. just 1 min away from chong nonsi BTS, and we're also at the "backdoor" of a lively local weekday market area that leads up to the main Silom Rd. rooms are comfortable, relatively clean with fridge, complimentary water provided daily, good shower amenities & housekeeping services..

just one thing... when we checked in, we were told that we're getting a free upgrade to deluxe room because superior rooms were full. that made us happy, of course. but when our friends - who came a day later - checked in, they weren't told of any upgrade, and their room was exactly the same as ours. so... either they received the same upgrade without being told, or we were lied to!

anyway apart from that strange integrity issue, we don't have any problems with this hotel. you might be able to get cheaper hotels in the vicinity for similar comfort, but i think this hotel has great service that is worth returning to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GLOWTrinitySilom, General Manager at Trinity Silom Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear qqravelle,

Thank you for sparing your time for review Glow Trinity Silom.

I was extremely concerned to know your comment on the unpleasant experience regarding your room upgrade, normally we have no reason to lie to the customer because if we give the room as your original booking also nothing wrong to do that, however the staff informed you that we was upgrade you to deluxe I can confirmed that the staff done but might be your friend book the original room with deluxe category or other issue is my staff forgot to inform to your friend regarding the room upgrade. To make you clear with this regard please contact me directly at gm.silom@glowbyzinc.com and give me more reservation detail of you and your friend, then I can investigate this matter.

Once again qqravelle, thank you very much for your kind understanding and I will look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

(General Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

First time stayed here i would like to say it's value for your money.They upgraded my superior room to deluxe room, and housekeeping is up to standard. Highly recommended to people who want to stay nearby silom area.

Just one little problem,shower room water heater really can't control water temperature.Did anyone have this problem too?

Room Tip: room is clean and nice bed. Just sound proofing not so good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Stanley L,

Thank you for choosing Glow Trinity Silom!

I was extremely concerned to know your comments on the unpleasant experience regarding shower room water heater cannot control water temperature it’s failed in our mission of providing you our standard of service with regards to your unsatisfied.

Please accept our most sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind understanding and please give us a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Sincerely your,
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have been to Glow Trinity twice now and on my return I have not been disappointed. the check in was amazing, the staff friendly and helpful. It is a true haven to return to after a day out in the city. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with a great layout and the amenities are great. I plan to return to this hotel.

1 Thank Tors10
Dear Tors10,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay with us.

All of us at Glow Trinity Silom appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on the service provided by the Hotel.

Your feed backs on our service are greatly appreciated and please rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with the staff concerned as there is nothing more motivating them than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

Tors10, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

As I walked in the staff all greeted me with a smile, the hotel were clean, nice design and great location. The restaurant was good also. Matter of fact the hotel was too good that I didn't get out of the hotel as much. I visit Thailand my first time alone, but the staff was friendly enough to give me tips on where to visit and see. They even find me taxi drivers that they can trust to show me around. They really made me feel like home and made my vacation even more precious. I stay there or 6 days while I was in Bangkok, than I travel out to Chiangmai and came back to Bangkok. Which I already book another hotel in Bangkok to stay for my last three days before I fly back to San Francisco, but I decide to just never check in at my other hotel and decide to book again at Glow hotel. I didn't mind wasting my money on the other hotel for Glow because I love the staff there. Just because of Glow Hotel I'm already planning my next trip back to Thailand and staying at Glow Hotel again.

Room Tip: if you want a clean, modern design room, and a walking distance to different market, bars, club and...
1 Thank Billy V
Dear Billy V,

Thank you very much for choose Glow Trinity Silom.

All of us here appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on the service provided by our staff.

Billy V, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Glow Trinity Silom in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel many, many times over the past few years. Great location, good service, nice rooms, clean, comfortable, safe. There really are so many good things going for this hotel - and that's the biggest problem. Because it has become so popular over the years, they've increased their rates so drastically, simply because they are able to tell customers now to "Take it, or leave it". While the staff here are excellent - service cannot be faulted - the management approach is arrogant and pompous, with no inkling whatsoever about the value of customer loyalty.

So, yes, while Glow is a nice hotel in a great location, you now have other (and better) options within the same area, which provide equally comfortable, stylish rooms and good service, at MUCH BETTER VALUE for money than you would get at Glow Trinity. Try the Furama Exclusive Sathorn (which is only 100metres from Glow) or even closer, the spanking new, and artsy chic Holiday Inn Express just across the soi.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are small and dark and tired. Deluxe rooms are larger but much more expensive. The...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Asia-aficionado
Dear bangkokaficionado,

Thank you very much for your review, I was extremely concerned to know your comments on the unpleasant experience regarding the price increased.

We increased the price compare and matching with the supply cost we spend and all hotel industries are increase their price follow with the season, you may see some month the price will cheaper or higher because of the low and high season period reason. Some of the hotel nearby they sale the cheaper price because that hotel have self service but in Glow Trinity Silom we still continue the Glow standard of service and actively working to improve service levels to the highest standard of service in the industry.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind understanding. I will look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Sincerely your,
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Efficient processing of booking, through to successful arranging of airport transfer - with a very clean limo and welcoming driver.

Hotel staff were very friendly, and a gaudy quirkiness is evident throughout the hotel.

Centrally situated in the heart of the Silom district.

The pool is not in the hotel itself but you have to walk to the apartment block across the road.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Dirkus007,

All of us at Glow Trinity Silom appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on the service provided by our staff.

Dirkus007, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Glow Trinity Silom in the near future.

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Glow Trinity is a great hotel! Love and enjoy the stay there. The room is spacious with a day bed and nicely decorated and look trendy. Staff is friendly as well.
However, the pool is at Trinity Complex, the building opposite the hotel. Pool is just very normal and no surprise at all. It look more like a fitness center pool rather then a trendy hotel pool as the pool is belong to a fitness club.
It is a great stay here yet is very close to Chong Nonsi BTS that can take you to many places in Bangkok! Yes, definitely will stay again if have chance!

Dear gavin_yg,

All of us at Glow Trinity Silom appreciate your time in sharing us your review and I would like to thank you for your compliments with our hotel's design. We have plan to redecorate our fitness soon.

gavin_yg, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Glow Trinity Silom in the near future.