“Fine chance on khao san ”
Review of Chada Hostel

Chada Hostel
Ranked #719 of 1,283 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Fine choice on khao san. Clean, good service, free (but boring) breakfast. The staff was even very helpful towards us.

Nothing out of the extraordinary, but I would probably choose it for another stay in Bangkok.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christian P
There are newer reviews for Chada Hostel

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Rooms are okay - pretty basic but you get what you pay for.

We asked reception prior to booked if they had a quite room away from the noise has we had an early morning and along day crossing the border to Cambodia the next day which we was told yes, however we had a very poor nights sleep due to the noise, from the music and partying. Which made the next day much more difficult.

The bathroom like most is a wet room but the water got hot enough to have a quick shower. The aircon was good.

Wouldn't stay here again though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Although it is a very bustling area with lots of shops and bars around, great for hanging around or partying, but this means you gotta suffer from loud music every night until 2pm (or even 4pm on Sunday night) which will bother your sleep a lot.

Staffs are very nice, kind and helpful, they gave us lots of good advice and tips for our trip. But as much as I love them, I gotta say the quality of the room is poor (I stay in room no. 101). I know it's cheap & I shouldn't over-expect anything, but cockroaches in the bathroom and rats running around on the roof every night are not something I would accept.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights whilst travelling with a friend in January this year. The people were friendly and helpful and our room was fine for what we needed. The shared bathrooms weren't bad and were cleaned, showers were hot too. Value for money is fine seeing as you get free tea and toast in the morning which was perfect for us poor travellers! The only issue was our bed had bed bugs. But no complaints and would recommend this hostel to any travellers its right on khoa San road but off an alley so you do get some sleep too.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Luckily we booked this hostel on our final night before catching our flight early the next morning so we were weren't too bothered about getting much sleep! This hostel is on the doorstep to Khao san road so all night you can hear the loud music and people shouting and the general atmosphere that the road is known for! So beware before booking this hostel.

However, it is in the most perfect position, it is really cheap, and the rooms are reasonable, what more could you want from a hostel?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

For those with tight budget there are rooms with fans. For 1£ more you can have air con.
I have stayed there for one night only and I would not recommend that hotel for people after long haul flight or after long daytrip due to noise comming from the street. Khao San road is really lively street until early in the morning.
However my room was clean and cozy with shared bathroom in the hall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marian_Lipnicky
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was the first place I stayed at when I arrived in Bangkok. The price to stay here are just perfect I think we payed 500baht orginally for 2 people in a twin room with a shared bathroom. Very basic room, literally a bed and an aircon system. The second time I stopped here was once I returned from Cambodia coming back into Thailand, we tryed somewhere different our first night (still on Khao San Road) but quickly moved back to what we knew was decent enough for another night. The rooms are securly locked as they all have extra padlocks on the door so no problems. I preffered our second time staying here as we had a private bathroom. The rooms are clean, its perfectly positioned. (2nd visit 750baht private bathroom)
However some things you cannot help, you could hear music from the street below (not as bad as the other place we stayed) but still noisy, also there are about 3/4 flights of stairs, the only thing keeping you going to the top was that you know you're going to be in your cold airconditioned room!
Also one little extra, breakfast was included in the price and its right above a 24hr subway!
Perfect for a flying visit

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends