“Worths the price”

Blooms Residence
Blooms Residence
Ranked #539 of 755 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013

With the price, Blooms Residence is a fair place to stay in for 1 or two days if you go with a group of eight. For longer period or small group, maybe you should find somewhere else. First, the staff is not good at English (even English is not my native). Second, it's a little far from Khao San (30 mins of walking). Third, air conditioner and TV are not modern, even the plugging plot is for the old time.
Generally, I can accept this place with this price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 September 2013

You do not stay at the Blooms Residence if you are looking for elegance or good service. This is a straight forward bare bones, no frills place. It will well run and efficient. It is clean and well maintained. Do not stay here is you are looking for warmth and personality.
As is the hotel so is the restaurant - no fine dining - just a place to refill your tank and be on your way.
In the apartment buildings behind the hotel is a fitness room, an inexpensive restaurant, an internet cafe as well as a laundry.
The subway lines are not far. It is on a quiet back street in the center of Bangkok. It is is to find motorcycles and taxis.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank William T
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I traveled with my friends there for 1 week. The price there is acceptable but the service are so bad. My room was small and not so clean as they said. I found some insects in my bed. Everything there have to pay money...I asked for one extra pillow but they always charge every single staff. It's kind of money face. Moreover, the staff doesn't have good responsible for my internet error. I and my friend stay in one room but i have to pay for 390B for each of us, yet wifi doesn't work well. It always disconnect automatically every 3-5 mn I have complaint to those staff but they said they already told us about that problem when we first register. But I didn't get any comment from them at all for the first register. When i faced with this problem of wifi I complaint to her but her said i should call the IT service by myself because she don't know how to fit it. It's such a bad staff to do that for the guess in their hotel. The staff even can't speak English clearly, they ignore us when we ask some help for them. Another bad thing is about the maids always start cleaning around 9.00am. They nocked our door annoyingly every morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here for two weeks. My room was clean with fresh linens each day and drinking water was included, too. Located at the end of a road, it's pretty quiet but within walking distance of great street food and restaurants. Also it's not too far from the MRT, only about 15 minutes. The staff were friendly and helpful, even with the language barrier.

For the price, you can't beat any of this.

My only complaint was that the maids often start cleaning (and talking in the hallway) before 9am, even on the weekend. Check out isn't until noon, so why can't they wait a bit longer?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I'm an American expat who now lives in Thailand and when first arriving in BKK and making plans to stay for long term, I lived here in this serviced hotel/apartment.
After moving to another province, I still return to this hotel every April for the annual Songkran (Water Festival/Thai New Year festival). Why? Although the location CAN be difficult for taxis to find, I personally think the hotel is quite decent. It's not too far from MRT stations and also not too far to the center of BKK including many of the sights to see in the City of Angels. It's also close to some of the big shopping centers that can also be found near the heart of the metropolis.
Personally, I always liked this place. It's on a very quiet street, the ac works very well, the hot water is always plentiful, and the rooms are usually quite clean (as they are cleaned virtually everyday unless puts the tag on the door saying otherwise).
There are also plenty of motorbike taxis that wait just outside the driveway if one needs a quick ride somewhere, and if one walks out the driveway, takes a right, and then the next right on the nearest road, there's a convenient 7 Eleven to buy snacks, drinks, and meals to bring back to your room.
* I don't necessarily suggest taking a taxi that is sitting outside the hotel though as these drivers may rip you off. If you need a taxi, just ask reception to call for one.
Also, if one were to walk out the driveway again, turn right and walk ALL the way down to the other end of the road, and there is an exchange booth for those who wish to exchange their currency.
The prices at this hotel are fairly reasonable too compared to say a bigger hotel located even closer to the city center.
There is also a small coffee shop on the ground floor and open from 7am to 10pm, and there is also room service that is available from 7am to 9:30pm both of which are offered every day.
Internet access however is not free and one must pay from a selection of prices in order to get an internet card depending on the length of time for their usage. For those staying long term and would like to have their clothes washed, there's a small laundromat located in the apartment complex behind the hotel.They will clean and dry everything for you for a small fee and usually have it ready by the next day neatly folded and packaged in a bag.
All in all, this hotel/serviced apartment was the place I called home for almost a year and the place to which I always flock to when going to the water festival of every April.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeff206
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I traveled with my partner, we booked online through Agoda.com. The price is good but don't expect the service too much. The staff can't speak english clearly, the room is small and old decorations, but the linen is quite clean and the aircondition quite cold even in the afternoon. The house keeping should intend to check the room and did the Insect spray, a lot of ants here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2012

this is very cheap for a reason... unfortunately the room I stayed in was very humid no real air-con just a bad fan. The decor is old and grimy, just not very welcoming, it didn’t have the correct balance of colour space and light.

there where insects eggs sacks on the walls and in the wardrobe also spider webs; an unacceptable amount of ants in the bath.

I stayed only two nights and I only slept for a few hours, on each night. As I dreaded the thought of staying in such bad conditions. But I suppose you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Luckily I found another hotel just a few meters up the road called the The Tivoli Hotel which was top-quality.

Room Tip: Don't stay here... if you can, or only a few nights till you find something better.