In the last 4 months, we've been exploring Thailand and popping back to Bangkok where we've stayed in 5 of the RiverSide Bangkok units. We keep coming back because it's perfect. The staff have taken great care of us and even stored something things while we've been off exploring. Why do we return?
(1) clean, modern, and much cheaper than nearby hotels
(2) convenient - there is a free boat transfer every 1/2 hr for the building that takes you across the Chao Praya to the ferry station and skytrain station BTS Saphan Taksin, and the neighborhood has plenty of good food options (Wine Connection, Village Market, korean, japanese, italian, vietnamese....and thai!)
(3) great pool with a view of the city and river! plus sauna, steam room, and a very good exercise room with treadmills
(4) security that is friendly and helpful with advice and getting a taxi
(5) Views!!! We loved watching the river traffic and fireworks at night nearby
(6) quiet....shut the balcony doors or windows and it's silent
(7) good Wifi
(8) each unit has a few dvd's and reading material that is often Thai travel books
We've moved around the units because we had family and friends visit and needed extra space.
Would not hesitate to highly recommend this to any traveler - single to large family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TheRiverSideBangkok If you are looking to rent an elegant vacational apartment with the best views, if you want value or a relaxed home from home holiday not a hotel suite without paying five star rates then stay in our beautiful apartments in the heart of the city's wonderful riverside community. We are situated just across the river from Saphan Taksin Skytrain and Bangkok's main river pier. Cross the river by our private boat or walk across the bridge. ... more less