“Spacious modern apartment with scenic river view.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
TheRiverSideBangkok Elegant Apartments
Ranked #105 of 1,347 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the 16th floor Hibiscus one bedroom apartment for three nights in January, 2014. We enjoyed our stay last year at The Riverside Bangkok Apartments and decided to return again this year. The best aspects of our stay was the spacious modern apartment in a secure high-rise building, the quiet setting across the Chao Phraya River from the Saphan Taksin BTS skytrain station, and the scenic view of the river. A convenient ferry shuttles passengers across the river every 30 minutes.

The only downside for us was the lack of high quality restaurants in the neighborhood. There is an Italian restaurant and several Asian restaurants within walking distance but the quality of the food was below that on the opposite side of the river. To reach a good MaxValue market and 24-hr Tom N Toms Coffee, turn right at the main road and walk five minutes to a shopping complex on the right side of the road.

We would definitely stay here again for the quiet, spaciousness, view, and value.

Pros:
- Spacious one bedroom apartment
- Views of river from living room, bathroom, and bedroom
- Dedicated doorman, other security staff, and secured entrance to building
- Full kitchen
- Clean & modern
- Excellent value
- Away from noise and crowds
- Wifi worked great and was fast at 10 Mbps download speed

Cons:
- Choice of restaurants was a bit lacking in the area

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingFinches07

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed in both Lavender and Magnolia studio apartments. They're both essential the same, with the latter having a warmer, more convivial interior design, and being on a higher floor (19th). The views are good from the tiny balcony (a minor disappointment), and the facilities within the apartments are of a high standard.

As a regular swimmer, my main reason for choosing these apartments was the swimming pool. I've been to Bangkok many times, stayed a variety of different hotels from backpacker to 5* and nothing, nothing comes close to the pool within this apartment complex. It is truly a thing of beauty, and has one of the best filtration systems I've experienced (the water is crystal clear, with no chlorine scent at all). I went to the pool every day and at different times, and it was for the vast percentage of the day virtually empty and an oasis of calm. The busy period, when the families visit, seems to be between around 2-5pm, but every other time I had the place more or less to myself, and could pound up and down to my heart's content without distractions or annoyances. This in itself is very rare, trust me! The area surrounding the pool is tastefully designed with plenty of shaded areas for pasty sun haters like myself. Just marvellous.

It is relatively easy to get back and forth from downtown, though I soon eschewed the complex's ferry service for the more regular public one. The surrounding area has just the right balance of local eateries, a handful of cheap bars, and some more expensive international restaurants in the shopping mall (which also houses an excellent supermarket). The only people to whom I think these apartments might not suit are younger couples/solo travellers looking to go clubbing or bar hopping. Late night it's not the most convenient place to return. Aside from that, I would recommend the Riverside Apartments to anyone looking for something that offers peace and quiet in a pleasant part of Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jegsy
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have stayed several times at the Riverside Apartments during my stays in Bangkok for Business and Leisure and I have never been disappointed. The apartments are well managed, clean and nicely furnished with high attention to detail. This time I stayed in the new apartment Magnolia, with a fantastic view upon the river and the Oriental hotel which can also be enjoyed from a little balcony. This studio apartment is elegantly furnitured with wall paintings and delivers a cosy and relaxing atmosphere after a long day in the city. I enjoyed the pool and the gym as the past times and had some relaxing days. A big thank you also to the friendly management, who is taking care of you from arranging airport transfer to organizing anything specific you wish to do. I will definatley come again with my next trip to Bangkok in April.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jan P
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I have just stayed in the Mimosa apartment for the first leg of our honeymoon. We fell in love with the pictures a year ago and the apartment did not disappoint.

Diamond made us feel very welcome and was quick to respond to our emails.

The apartment was beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and very well equipped. We had everything we could need and more. I will never forget watching the city lights come to life from the bath on our last night! The bed was huge and so comfortable that it's made me want to replace ours when we get home!

The free ferry service over the river was great but it's not much of a walk should you chose to take a walk over the bridge. The views of the bustling river at sunset were magical from there. The sky train is literally just across the river which will whisk you all over the city in clean air conditioned carriages. It was so easy to use and very reasonably priced.

The whole place was secure and safe with lovely door staff 24/7. There was a mall less than 5 minutes away with a great supermarket with lots of choice. There is also a Boots. There is a seven eleven 5 minutes away for later shopping needs.

We could not fault the apartments or the complex and we adored Bangkok. We can't wait to return!

Thank you Diamond and all the lovely staff who made our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: A corner apartment on a high floor is a must!
2  Thank DanKatMaidstone
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here many times over the course of two months of coming and going from Bangkok. This is a large condo building where some owners have turned their units into rentals that John and his staff then rent for short or long terms. We have stayed in many of the units over the two months. While they were all different , studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, with view, with less view , all have a few vital things in common. All are updated and clean and well appointed. This is not a hotel or a serviced apartment. These units are cleaned before you arrive and then once a week, if you are staying that long. If something is amiss, something not working, wifi problems . . . ,they respond quickly and get things in order. The pool area is the best in Bangkok. That includes comparing it to the big hotels. The gym has all the basic equipment and it all actually works. The views are spectacular. You have river and city views that are breathtaking. John, Tiger and Diamond are all helpful with any needed local advice. And the locations of the building, perfect, if you want to be on the river , close to the BTS,, market across the street, restaurants everywhere and in a good mix of locals and a few expats. If you want to be with all the other expats and tourists this might not be the best call. But who comes to Thailand to be with people like themselves?

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adventurer4860
Reviewed 30 January 2014

In the last 4 months, we've been exploring Thailand and popping back to Bangkok where we've stayed in 5 of the RiverSide Bangkok units. We keep coming back because it's perfect. The staff have taken great care of us and even stored something things while we've been off exploring. Why do we return?
(1) clean, modern, and much cheaper than nearby hotels
(2) convenient - there is a free boat transfer every 1/2 hr for the building that takes you across the Chao Praya to the ferry station and skytrain station BTS Saphan Taksin, and the neighborhood has plenty of good food options (Wine Connection, Village Market, korean, japanese, italian, vietnamese....and thai!)
(3) great pool with a view of the city and river! plus sauna, steam room, and a very good exercise room with treadmills
(4) security that is friendly and helpful with advice and getting a taxi
(5) Views!!! We loved watching the river traffic and fireworks at night nearby
(6) quiet....shut the balcony doors or windows and it's silent
(7) good Wifi
(8) each unit has a few dvd's and reading material that is often Thai travel books

We've moved around the units because we had family and friends visit and needed extra space.

Would not hesitate to highly recommend this to any traveler - single to large family

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OregonianSumatra
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed in several of the apartments and all provide a very comfortable environment for a relaxing holiday in a convenient location to get in to the city, but far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet around the large swimming pool.
Management are very approachable and will assist with any queries - English and Thai speaking which is a great advantage to provide information etc
Highly recommended.