“A good little pub with a different menu selection from the norm on soi 4”

Chequers British Pub
Ranked #615 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Chequers pub is a no hassle bar and restaurant and people visit the pub for good food and to watch sports and mix with like minded people.
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

It may not be a traditional English pub, and the drinks are not as cheap at a girlie bar but, you you can relax and enjoy the life pin soi 4 Nana Plaza area. I just wanted a pie with peas and mashed potatoes and it was lovely. Great atmosphere a good place to take your girlfriend.

1  Thank BSonsie

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been coming to Thailand for over 40 years and recently returned after a 5 year absence. The first Test against Sri Lanka was being played and I wanted to see it, after a quick Google I found Sportsman bar in Soi 13 I watched the morning session there, a hideous experience, a group of 20 friends spread out over 4 or 5 tables were so loud and obnoxious it was awful. Come the lunch break I left and remembered the Down Under bar in Soi 7/1, in which I had spent many happy hours watching cricket.so I rushed down there only to find the bar packed and watching Aussie rules football, spoke to the owner and was given a swift Australian brush off. Racking my brains I remembered seeing a small English bar on Soi 4 and not expecting anything but possibly info to where I could watch the Test.
Imagine my surprise when I had found everything I could ask for the cricket a great crowd of patrons and great service. I ordered roast pork with crackling it came with apple sauce and gravy, the portions were large and delicious.
The toilet, often a problem in Bkk was immaculate and educational as well do you know where "its raining cats and dogs" comes from? Well the answer as well as many other sayings is on the wall.Also a great tweet from Sir Bradley Wiggins to low life Piers Morgan.
I am a smoker here no problem I also like to drink my beer with a lot ice again very quickly understood and sorted.
So if you are a sports fan and looking for somewhere to drink, smoke eat with extremely pleasant company I highly recommend this place and only wish I had found it years ago.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stumbled upon Chequers on one of my first visits to Bangkok well over a decade ago and found myself in a small, friendly but "no hassle" British style bar situated in an otherwise "spicy" corner of the city. Management and staff have changed over the years but that is still what it is. It remains my "first go to" bar when visiting Bangkok.
Chequers attracts local ex-pats as well as visitors and it is easy to join in the banter while watching the usual global sports on TV and get hints on the current "hotspots" in the city. Staff are always eager to chat and pass on similar advice and directions.
All the usual bottles and drafts are on offer and the prevailing prices are charged - its not a cheap joint.
Chequers also serves generously portioned Brit style meals - half roast chicken with trimmings and gravy has fueled me on many occasions. But dont forget the tasty Thai food on offer as well, not too spicy please!
I hope to be back again soon.

1  Thank iain l
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The British Chequers British Pub ????? What a joke. Walked in there last Friday and there is no British beer on tap !!! Continental and Irish stuff only. Walked straight out.

1  Thank m s
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I popped in here for some food. It strange to see a traditional English pub in the middle of Bangkok. The prices are higher because of imported stuff so you're paying British prices which is a bit of a sting (160 baht for Carlsberg). I suppose you can't have everything though. Had a breakfast and have to say I was disappointed. Half a rasher of bacon, a thin sausage a smattering of beans and an egg and all lukewarm. For 175 baht. It's ok..could be better though.