“excellent stay in 2 years!”
Review of Bangkok Living

Bangkok Living
Ranked #657 of 1,187 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“excellent stay in 2 years!”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I had a wonderful stay here at Bangok Living since 2011. Unfortunately, I need to move out yesterday due to my work location.

Anyway, I just want to say my experiences here:

- Their staffs (security guards, cleaners, Khun Tong) and Khun Joo (owner) are very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

- The studio-type room where I stayed in is spacious and has a balcony . You can easily see the garden at the ground floor, and therefore the air gets in to the room so you do not have to use the a/c all the time (use the electrifan instead)

- It is also well designed with modern furniture, comfy bed, and impressive bathroom.

- The apartment looks and smells clean everyday.

- It is secured with keycard, cctv cameras in each corner, smoke detector in each room, fire extinguishers in each floor and fir exits.

- It also accessible to BTS and samsen train station, public bus, chatuchak area, Big C supermarket, 7eleven, post office, hospitals and government houses.

- Room cleaning is affordable

- Washing machine and dryers are located on the ground floor

- Spacious parking space

- Swimming pool and a small gym

- Even the motorbike drivers in the corner of the apartment were very friendly and respectful.

I recommend you to stay here whenever you are here in Bangkok.

Khun Joo, thank you so much for being so kind and thoughtful :)

Room Tip: Ask for the room where you can view the garden which makes the air circulates and you do not have to...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank sawadee_good_life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I just finished a 3-Month stay in Bangkok and Bangkok Living was my home the entire time. What can I say? This place is superb. Run by husband and wife couple: Mr. Virichai and Mrs. Joo (Owners), with their right hand man Tong (on-site Manager) - the place is modern, clean, efficient and safe. Every person I encountered at Bangkok Living from the cleaning crew, to the security guards, Mr. Tong, Mr. Virichai and Mrs. Joo . . . everyone was always polite and professional and went out of their way to help if you ever needed it. I rented a Studio from January 16th until April 11th . . . the in-room furnishings are modern, and very well maintained (granite counters, stainless steel refrigerator, nice bathroom, excellent air-conditioning, etc.) and the most important thing for my purposes . . . the internet. Their Wifi connection was excellent. I day trade currencies (aka: I am a Forex Trader), so I NEED quality internet. The internet connection I experienced during my stay was more than enough for me to Trade . . . I also had Skype Video calls with my Mom, Brothers, and Friends back in the U.S. almost every day. I just want to point out something . . . one of the previous reviews was critical of the internet, it wasn't working during his stay (I believe he stayed only 1 or 2 nights), I remember what happened, because it occurred during the time I was there. A problem had developed with the ISP Provider's equipment in the neighborhood which was interfering with the signal to the apartment and it took a couple of days for the ISP Provider to replace the failing equipment. Since the internet was down for a day or two during that time, Mr. Virichai took the opportunity to upgrade their entire internet package. After a day or two the internet was back up and running and, at least for me, worked flawlessly for the remainder of my stay. As far as location goes, after 3-months in Bangkok and learning the city I am very happy I did not stay in the tourist centered areas of Siam / Sukhumvit . . . a quick taxi (40 bhat), or motorcycle taxi (30 bhat) or bus (20 or 12 bhat) gets you to the Saphan Kwai BTS or Ari Station BTS Stations very quickly and from there you are at Siam Station ("Tourist Central") in about 10-12 Minutes. The location is just fine / no problem getting anywhere you want to go quickly. Finally, here is an example of their helpfulness. It was late on a Sunday afternoon and it was the on-site manager's 1 day off (Mr. Tong) . . . my girlfriend was on her way to visit, in fact she had just called and said she would be at my place in about 10 - 15 minutes . . . just so happens the toilet suddenly decides to back-up . . . I call Mrs. Joo at home - she calls Mr. Tong (who is enjoying his day off) - lucky for me Tong was not too far away . . . about 7 minutes later Mr. Tong is at my door with a toilet plunger . . . Toilet is fixed (thank God) . . . girlfriend arrives a few moments later and everything is cool. Just a real-world example of the quality of this place. When I left Bangkok . . . I left with a really good feeling about this place . . . and when I return to Bangkok early next fall . . . I will be staying here again. Considering the reasonable price they charge for their very nice accommodations, you simply cannot find a better place than Bangkok Living Apartments.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank VFX-TRADER
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Before booking a studio at Bangkok Living, I already had a reservation with another apart-hotel in Siam Square. However, I really wanted to stay in a quiet and local area to learn more about Bangkok, so I changed to Bangkok Living and I'm so glad I did.

The studio is 31m2 and has everything you'd need: a kitchenette, a good bathroom with shower, a big fridge, a seating area and a balcony. Wifi is super fast for SE Asian standards, but if you have more than one device, you'd need to ask for more passwords (one for each device). The staff even prepared dishwashing soap and a sponge for you. Although the kitchenette does not include a stove for actual cooking, but hey, you are in Bangkok and amazing food is everywhere :). My husband and I usually ordered our lunch from Joy's Kitchen (their tom yum flavored fried rice with chicken is the best!) and they always delivered within 15 minutes.

The building is very secure and there are a gym and a swimming pool for the guests. The receptionist is exceptionally friendly and helpful and so is the doorman. They helped us to keep our luggage after checking out and even allowed us to use the shower before we left to the airport.

I love our stay so much that I will definitely book this place the next time we are back in Bangkok. Thank you the staff and the owners for creating such a great impression about Bangkok and Thai people!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 25 February 2013

If you are thinking of staying in bangkok for long term then this is the best place. Its clean and everything is new and it also has a small kitchenette which is quite useful. 7/11 is just across the road. There is a small local ladies shop left from the reception, do not buy anything from her as she tries to cheat you and she gives different prices every day. This place even offers you a hairdryer if you ask and an iron too. Internet is good. But I just wished that for short term visitors they cleaned rooms every day. Every other place is very close if you have to take a cab but with highway or express road. Or else you take bus 97 for 12 baht to bts sky train saphan kwai or Ari and non ac bus would be cheaper. The staff from security to everyone is very nice and friendly and the owner is very nice too and they are very friendly. There is an information booklet from which you can order your food or else you can just walk to soi 14 or soi 9 around that area they have amazing local food and good seafood too. And offcourse the hospital is very close by so for those coming for medical check ups this is the place to be. Oh and the swimming pool is great too but good enough for 1 or 2 person max for relaxation. But the AC in our room smelled quite weird (607).

Room Tip: High floors not facing the road would be better I guess.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 7 February 2013

i`ve been staying at Bangkok living for 2 months now, and so far had a great time, the place is great, big rooms, good furniture, very clean and tidy, everything here works perfectly, internet speed is really good compare to other places i stayed in Bangkok! i absolutely love the place, and will stay for another 2 months more!!
btw just used the website to test the connection and here is the results:

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This hotel has slowest connection in Asia. The speedtest.net gave it a 0.54 Mbs/ 0.32 Mbs on download/upload test. It's like going back 15 – 20 years and internet speed is like a dial-up. As for the frills such as clean room and quiet neighbourhood yeah that's out of Asia. Man, you travel to Asia and stay in hotel like this and you can close your eyes and imagine you are in America 20 years ago with a clean room and a dial up connection, yeah and a tube TV (not even a plasma). TV is dumn commercial medium better upgrade that internet connect! This is a JOKE for people who are stuck in TV and 1990s era !!!

Room Tip: Room 208 (studio) isn't good as it's facing the main street.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I've been meaning to write a review of our apartment stay for ages because I want to make sure everyone knows how wonderful these apartments are. My girlfriend and I stayed in a one bed apartment for 10 days in August. We'd been travelling for 5 months and we really wanted to take a break from staying in hostels. We wanted some comforts and some time to ourselves to recharge the batteries.

We did some searching online and couldn't believe the great price offered for an apartment here. We were in contact with Joo and Sirichai and were happily assured that this was the place for us.

Joo met us on arrival and gave us a very thorough and informative briefing about the apartment and the local area. We were also introduced to the building manager Tong, who was extremely polite and helpful whenever we needed his help. The apartment had a great bed which was so comfortable. The tv had a number of english language channels and there was good air con in the apartment. The kitchen was limited but to be honest we ate out on the street below or ordered in most of the time. Ordering in is fantastic! Very clear instructions are left in the apartment with a number of companies in the local area. We ordered from McDonalds a couple of times and also the local Thai restaurant. I can't remember the name of it now but the food was incredibly cheap.

There is a big 'Big C' supermarket maybe 10 minutes walk away and in the basement is a good food court which is also super cheap. I also second the good call made by a previous reviewer who recommended the mango sticky rice sold by the woman next to the overpass outside Big C. Only 30baht and it is out of this world!

We fell into a 'normal' routine whilst we were there which was great to break up the travelling as we still had 7 months on the road ahead of us. We used the gym and swimming pool pretty much every day. The gym is small but no one else really used it in the day as I guess other residents were at work.

The apartment is in a more traditionally Thai neighbourhood in the sense that you won't see any tourists around here and as such there isn't really any provisions for tourists. It can be hard to eat in some of the restaurants without knowing any Thai, especially some of the more cynical restaurants that charge DOUBLE for the priviledge of providing you with an english menu.

Getting into the centre of Bangkok isn't a problem. If you have the money the best bet is to take a taxi and use the expressway. It's not particularly expensive but it's cheaper to use the MRT (10 minute walk) or the river ferry (20/25 minute walk or very cheap taxi). A taxi from the apartment to Big C or the MRT station will cost about 40baht. 50baht will get you to the big market which I forget the name of. But it's well worth it!

We loved this apartment and would stay again if ever back in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Iammmattdoran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Din
สะพานสูง
YOO YEN PEN SOOK hostel
YOO YEN PEN SOOK hostel
#190 of 1,187 in Bangkok

Been to Bangkok Living? Share your experiences!