“Excellent food and service!!!”
Review of The Rain Tree Cafe

The Rain Tree Cafe
Ranked #21 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$15 - US$92
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Rain Tree Café serves a wide variety of gourmet international cuisines for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Talented chefs at live cooking stations prepare dishes a la minute. The venue is also renowned for one of the finest Sunday brunch buffets in Bangkok. The Rain Tree Café also incorporates the Valaya Room where guests can enjoy a leisurely breakfast or private gathering. The Secret Garden and The Bakery, two intimate venues that look out over the lush greenery bordering Wireless Road.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had 7 beautiful days at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok. A great hotel with very good service and excellent restaurant's. The breakfast in the rain tree Café we particularly liked. Whether continental or thai breakfast, all meals in are in excellent quality. The staff is attentive and courteous. The hotel is an absolute recommendation for every Bangkok traveller.

2  Thank David H
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear David H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

Our signature Le Méridien breakfast buffet in The Rain Tree Café showcases a wide variety of mouth watering cuisines we are delighted that you appreciated it. Our team strives to offer exceptional service to all our valued guests and we are thrilled that you found our team to be friendly and courteous. Thank you once again for your kind comments and recommendation. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Variety of foods you can enjoy thai, western, Asian
Fantastic quality and terrific service from friendly staff especially from Hommy and Sarunyoo
Best service.

Will come next time and bring my friends here!
Definitely!!

3  Thank Kriang
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Director of Food + Beverage at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Khun Kraing,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Our culinary team does indeed strive to showcase a wide variety of cuisines, with nightly Themed Buffets ranging from French to Asian cuisine on every Sunday to Thursday evening, our exquisite Seafood Buffet every Friday and Saturday evening and one of Bangkok’s most renowned Sunday Brunch’s. Your kind words of praise for the service Khun Hommy and Sarunyoo delivered is truly appreciated; I will certainly share your kind compliments with the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback. We hope to welcome you and your friends back soon for another memorable meal in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Martin Faist
Director of Food + Beverage

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had the Sunday buffet here and it was wonderful. I read online there would be a 65 degree slow cooked egg with pasta on the menu so when I was there I asked the Martin Faist and he said that it does not start until the following week. No problem for me. Well, to my surprise not 30 minutes later the slow cooked egg came out and Martin explained he made it especially for me. Absolutely wonderful service and Martin is an shining ambassador for Plaza Athenee. The food is always 5 star and I will keep coming back again and again. Thanks Martin!

4  Thank Jjd000_1
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Jjd000_1,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us in the Rain Tree Cafe in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share such a kind review on TripAdvisor.

Our popular Sunday Bruch certainly does showcase a wide variety of mouth-watering cuisine and we are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal with us. The 65 degree poached egg with carbonara espuma and crispy bacon has quickly become one of our signature dishes in The Rain Tree Café and I am pleased that Martin was able to arrange it for you as it certainly is a culinary delight. I am also thrilled that you felt that Martin Faist, our Director of Food and Beverage along with his team offered excellent service, I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for another memorable meal.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This was another one of those disappointments Tripadvisor can give. After reading the enthusiastic reviews I went there and was largely unimpressed. Service courteous but not hugely attentive. Tables in a rather dated extension of hotel lobby. The previous diner had left my chair with sticky armrests and as I went to the buffet and my plate was removed my dirty cutlery was left on the table. All of this gave me a slightly depressing feel of a canteen.
Buffet is varied including German and Indian food, apart from the Thai choices. Some of the sauces that hadn't been touched had somewhat dried out (humous etc) and a couple of the hot dishes were cold. Overall disappointing also considering it isn't cheap. Sorry but I won't go back.

3  Thank RomeLorenzo

Dear RomeLorenzo,

Firstly, on behalf of the entire team of the Rain Tree Café at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel, we would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. I can assure you that this does not reflect our normal standards. Please note that we do take your feedback very seriously and I will personally look into your concerns to see we can improve in the future.

I trust that you will not judge us based solely on this experience and that we would have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This place has everything I want from a sunday brunch; lobster, scallops, lamb racks and wagyu beef, buffet tables, cooking stations and a la carte. Dessert table and cheese... Add on the nice "standard" drinks and the drink specials served/concocted at you table and I have a delicious and fun experience well worth the hefty price for special occations :)

3  Thank bkk-svensson
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Director of Food & Beverage at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear bkk-svensson,

Thank you very much for joining us at the Rain Tree Café for our legendary Sunday Brunch and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

It certainly is rewarding to receive such positive feedback on our Sunday Brunch. Our culinary teams are constantly striving to improve our offering and we are delighted that you appreciated all their efforts. If you are looking for a new culinary experience please do visit one of our specialty venues that are located on the third floor. Our specialty Chefs focus on discovery, creativity and curiousness through different flavors and products. I am sure you will be delighted with our selection of Chinese, Thai, French and Japanese cuisines.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for another memorable meal.

Martin Faist
Director of Food & Beverage

Been to The Rain Tree Cafe? Share your experiences!