“Dim Sum Lunch”

Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The finest Cantonese cuisine is prepared by our chef from Hong Kong. For lunch there is a large selection of Dim Sum. An á la carte menu with an extraordinary variety of Cantonese specialties is yours to enjoy at lunch and dinner.
Hamm, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dim Sum Lunch”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We`ve just been here for lunch with our two little children. A very nice place, with delicious Dim Sum and friendly service. Highly recommendable We come again next time

1 Thank Steffen139
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Steffen139,

Thank you for taking your time to share your first review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to Silk Road in Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am delighted that you felt that our Dim Sum was delicious and service provided by our associates to be friendly. Thank you for your recommendation, we are looking forward to your next visit to Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and wonderful staff”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I recently stayed for 2 weeks at Plaza Athenee for business and had dinner on many occasions at this restaurant. The manager went out of his way to make so etching special on my request which was not on the menu. The food was delicious but the staff were just warm and friendly. Just felt like home.

Would definitely look forward to visiting again when I am in Bangkok.

• Visited February 2014
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear S G,
Thank you very much choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and dining at our Silk Road restaurant.

I am glad that you appreciated the menu selection as well as the service provided by our associates. Mr. Tongchai is indeed an exceptional associate who will go the extra mile to ensure all our valued guests has an exceptional experience dining with us.

Once again thank you for choosing to dine with us at Silk Road and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Bangkok.

bangkok
“The best Dim Sum in town”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Dim Sum is the best I ever tasted in town. It's definitely value for money and worth a revisit. The Chinese food is generally good too besides the Dim Sum. Besides the dishes, the hospitality and the service provided are good too. Received warm service form the staffs especially from the restaurant manager Tongchai. Keep it up with the service.

Dear gennie n,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent dining experience at Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am very pleased to know that you found the cuisine to be the best you ever tasted in town and of value for money. I am also very happy to hear that you found the service to be warm and good, Mr. Thongchai and his team continuously strive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our valued guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing to dine with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

“Dinner”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Amazing restaurant, very slow though. Chinese authentic food in the athenee meridene downtown Bangkok. The hotel offer few other restaurants as we'll.

Dear Sam L,
Thank you for your support of Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you felt that the Silk Road is an amazing restaurant. We endeavor to use only the highest quality of ingredients to create authentic Cantonese cuisine. I am concerned regarding your comments that the Silk Road was very slow, I will monitor and ensure that we improve our service offerings.

Thank you once again for sharing such kind feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable meal at Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Bangkok
“Authentic + Innovative Dim Sums, Fab Service”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I seldom venture into having Dim Sum in BKK since I used to live in HK where you can have the best dim sum in the world. I tried a few places here before yet none came close. I had to dine at Silk Road for a work lunch and I was pleasantly surprised. I learnt before going that the Chef was from Hong Kong so I know the food would not be too disappointing. The must-tried Steamed Shrimp Dumpling (Har Kao), the defining dish for great Chinese dim sum was fantastic. The shrimp inside was huge and crunchy, skin was thin and soft yet able to stay in tact when' attacked' by chopsticks, then the deep fried bamboo sheet roll, fried crab claws were equally outstanding. I loved the steamed crab claws which had a tag `curry crab' flavor in it. All of the dim sum or a la carte dishes we ordered were delicious. The restaurant seating is spacious while the decor is elegant. We had very attentive service, however, there were only 4/5 tables at the time. The restaurant is conveniently located at a hotel about 3 mins walk from BTS Ploenchit station if you want to avoid the unpredictable traffic jam. I will definitely come here again for dim sum or othere a la carte dishes.

• Visited February 2014
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear omo_hk,
Thank you for choosing to dine at the Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing such your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is a true testimony of the Chef Kam’s culinary experiences as he strives to create a memorable experience for all our valued guests through the purest expressions of the Cantonese specialties, enhanced by decades of refinement. I am absolutely delighted that you found our Dim Sum to be comparable to those served in Hong Kong and you found our location to be of convenience.

For your information, you can enjoy all you can eat Dim Sum lunch buffet from Monday to Saturday for THB 888 net per person and on Sunday, the price is THB 999 net per person inclusive of our signature Peking Duck.

Hotel Manager

Been to Silk Road at the Plaza Athenee Bangkok? Share your experiences!