“Excellent”

Ranked #309 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one week and we loved everything about this hotel.
Breakfast was good had a variety of things. - Staff are dedicated and very friendly. Esp Meaw at the front dest. - Free Tuk tuk service - Rooms are spacious and clean - Very close the BTS station, supermarket and Terminal 21 mall. - Restaurant has great food - Quiet at night

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nikki S, Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear travelerxii,
was our utmost pleasure to make you stay a most memorable one, and we are look forward to welcoming you to come back and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 29 December 2013

You could miss the hotel as the name is not prominently displayed. Diagonally opposite Dream Hotel. A nice tidy hotel. The 3rd floor is smoking floor. The deluxe room is good enough for 2. Enough of sunlight. Breakfast was good. Housekeeping was very efficient.
Negatives- The mini fridge is a micro fridge. Does not allow an addition bottle of water unless you want all the stuff the be cleared. They had 2 wine glasses in the room no water glasses.

Room Tip: Well all I can say is 3 nights was nice quite and undisturbed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our 1st stay here for my wife and I. Check in was 'frosty' but after that all other staff interactions were OK. We asked for a quiet room and got just that! ( room 507 ) Breakfast was good. The 1st morning was a later breakfast and most of the hot food was gone was was NOT going to be replaced!! The 2nd morning we went early for breakfast and the choice was great!! Rooms were very clean and no noise from fellow guests. We would stay here again but would expect better guest relations from the reception staff.

Room Tip: Do ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed in hotels managed by Compass Hospitality Groups, mostly in Sukhumvit areas. Last month when I had a short business trip to Bangkok I tried Kingston Suites, situated in Soi 15.

Having stayed in her fellow sister properties I had already a expectation.

When I arrived I was told there was no reservation, but after few phone calls then they found my reservation, well not a good first impression already :)

The location in Sukhumvit Soi 15 is close to Ashok BTS, but not that close and the way going there is not as interesting as in Soi 11 or Soi 8 where you pass many shops, hotels and/or cafes. They provide free tuk-tuk services (drop off) to Ashok or Nana BTS, please just register at the front office. I never registered as I prefer walking.

The WiFi works quite well in the room. The room itself is quite large but the air condition was not strong enough, it takes little while to get the chill felt in the room but I am not complaining as I spent most of the time outside roaming the busy streets of Bangkok.

The breakfast spread was little disappointing I must say, although they have few choices but I think they could have done better with more choices

The bathroom is also standard, they should pay attention to the rusty part of the decoration attached in the corner of the bathroom, I know that had no function but still it should have been removed or repainted.

But my stay also came with a surprise, when I order laundry services, it was already almost noon and according to the form my laundry will be returned on next day (standard services) but when I returned to my room later in the day, it was there already neatly packed and no extra charge :) :)

Come on guys, you can do better!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
KingstonManager, Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Kongco,
I would like to thank you very much for your stayed with us and kind attention to spend your value time to make comment in order to improve our services.
For Tuk Tuk - Guests don't have to register. they can use our free shuttle without fixed schedule from 8am-10pm. just contact our front desk.
Aircon & rusty in iron fence decoration at the bathroom window - Engineer team was ordered to check and touch up painting already. Please accepted my apologise.
ABF - As mentioned in my answer to perviously comment. The standard American buffet breakfast is very value of money. However, I will take your comment to discuss with Chef in order to spread more variety.
Thank you once again for your valued comments. I will have meeting with the team and make sure that we are making "all the guests leave satisfied" as best as we could.
Please give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Singapore
Reviewed 6 November 2013

There was just nothing good about the hotel at all! A list of the things not right tall
A. Aircon was either too cold or too hot. Several technicians if I could call them that came but no one could resolve the problem Ultimately had to keep getting up and adjusting the air con vents by standing on a stool in the middle of the night
B. When complained to the on duty manager, she could not fathom the issue n would smirk on most occasions. Refused to call the hotel g manager since it was already 6 pm and past his duty hours. Is this service?
C. Bed was very uncomfortable
D. Carpets n bathrooms weren't v clean
E. Not enough towels and toiletries and had to call at least once everyday to remind them about our requirements
F. Breakfast spread was not bad but very limited. Same stuff everyday with almost v limited options!!!
G. Real indifference in the staff's response every time we complained. The g manager came and saw me on the second day but even after asking for him at least three times thereafter, he never had the courtesy to come and see me or at least call me
Really fail to fathom how this hotel could every get four stars on trip advisor. Has this now become something like Google that hotels can pay for improving their feedback and star review.
Will never stay here again wouldn't recommend anyone to do so!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Emehta2112
Thank you for your comments. Let's me go through your points as follow;
The booking made for 2 rooms for 5 persons and actual were 7 persons. We had assigned room next to each other.
1. Aircon - This is no way to solve aircon too hot problem if you leave the door open all the time for both room to let your people walk in/out to each other. I had personally explained to you to close the door but you atill leave it open. Too cold during the night because of our aircon control panel is digital set and it's show in room actual temperature you had setted. for example when you set 25 degree and you want to change to 20 or 28 degree, you just press the number and wait 15-20 mins to let the aircon adjust in room temperature that you want. In fact, when you want 20 to 25 and press, the screen will show 20 and slightly increasing to 25 degree as you want in 15-20 mins. but you want it show 25 immediately which is impossible. This point I had came with my cheif engineer to show/explain to you on how is system working.
2. The hotel have Manager on duty whose in charge of Hotel Manager during his absence. The problem of too cold aircon during late night were explained to you engineer & Manager on duty but you won't try to understand.
3. We had set an extra bed, amenities and towels according to number of person state on your booking which is 7 persons instead of 5 persons. So, wehad set another extra 2 sets after check in when we had noticed that and my housekeeping had set and refill for you twice a day even you don't want to pay for extra person.
4. Breakfast. For standard items have to be same such as vegetables on salad bar, breads, sausage, bacon. but items like soup, hot main dishes are change every day.

All of staff & me had try best to serve you on everyday during your stay including free late check out, free breakfast for extra person on everyday, extra amenities by housekeeping as much as they can.
Engineer were called several times to you and were shouted from you but they still spend time to explain how are working process on each items apart from aircon. for example;
A. you want the hotel to remove internet router from corridor ceiling to put inside your room which We can not.
B. You had shouting in front of me that kettle not working and I have to show you that you had plug in but did not turn the switch near the handle on.
C. Bedside lamp left/right are not working together and I have to show you that we have separate button left and right at panel board. So, you can not press only left and want both lamp turn on which is not possible.

Sir, I do not want to blame you. Every staff must do the best they could to serve and make sure all the guests are most satisfied. To write comments in here is value for hotel to improve our services BUT MUST BE WITH TRUTH AND VIRTUAL WITHOUT EMOTIONALLY.
Finally, I & all staffs are appreciated and tahnk you that you choose to stay with us and give us opportunity to serve you.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I think a good sleep is important when traveling. How this hotel has 4 stars on Trip Advisor is beyond me.

We have just checked out of this hotel due to the lack of comfortable bed. We were told all the beds in the hotel were like this - imagine sleeping on the floor and you have the best description of what the bed is like. Oh, you get one crappy pillow each.

I have a bad back so a comfortable mattress is really important to me.

After the first night with no sleep (and lots of pain) we went to reception and asked to be moved to a room with a soft bed, the receptionist's response was, "all beds are the same" and she offered to put a doona on the mattress to make it more comfortable. We went back to our room to check how many layers of doonas we would need to make the bed bearable and the magic number was 6. Reception was not keen on this number though and when we returned later that day, they added 2 thin doonas, which made very little difference. Later that night we called housekeeping for an "extra blanket" so we could use it as extra padding (not much better to be honest).

After another night with no sleep (and lots of pain) we went down the road to another hotel and booked a room for the rest our stay (three nights). The new room has a soft mattress, thank goodness.

When we checked out, the same receptionist apologized with a big smile on her face. This angered me because this is not the kind of situation that requires a smile.

Overall, this is NOT a 4-Star hotel - rock hard bed, threadbare towels, limited amenities, one tiny lift, no spa or pool, terrible breakfast.

I will ensure I tell everyone I know not to stay here if they need a decent sleep. Or if you have a bad back, avoid this place like the plague.

Moral of this story: do not pay for a hotel in full before you have stayed there - we wasted a fair amount of money booking another hotel because there was no refund on the room here.

Note to the manager: I have read your other responses to bad reviews and you generally blame the guest/come up with some excuse/tell the guests they are wrong. This is not customer service. I will accept an apology and a refund, not excuses or blame.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karis B
KingstonManager, Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you for your comments on us. Let's me clarify your points as follow;
1. Towels - The hotel ordered new towels on every year to replace torn, tear cloths if any.
2. Bathroom amenities - On every room have bathgel, shampoo, soap, cottonbud, shower cap, sanitary bag as a standard set. Toothbrush & toothpaste set at Executive corner room and also available upon requested.
3. Pool & Fitness available on our next door building by 2 mins. walking.
4. Breakfast open from 05.45 - 10.30 am daily with choices of fresh fruit juices,coffee, tea, hot milk, cold milk, hot & cold water, 2 choice of cereals, yoghurt, choices of salads with 3 dressings, black olive, olive oil, 3 choice of fresh fruits, sandwiches, pastries with croissant, white bread, wholewheat bread. Main courses having more than 10 dishes including soup, vegetarian food,...etc. We have separate egg station cooking show to make fresh eggs on your choice.
5. Pillow - 2 pillows set on bed and 1 extra in wardorbe. more pillow also available on requested.
6. Bed - Of course, all the room using same bed. If any guests feel uncomfortable. we will set addidtional duvet for them. In your case, The hotel had set total 3 duvets for you already.
7. Reception - Your booking made through online with condition of full prepayment & non refundable in order to get a special discount rate. Our staff had try best to service and solve problem for you and they must keep smiling face to the guest without any meaning to make you anger at all.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is my second time there I was there last year, and this time I was disappointed badly, the level dropped big time!!
they gave us a room with mold, broken mirror dirty carpet, so we complaints to changed the room , and again we got a room still with fusty carpet , and mold in showers !!!
Needless to say the staff really Unpleasant.
they just need to coordinate expectations
and to introduced themselves as a 2 stars hotel !!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple