“A little disappointed”
Review of Kingston Suites

Kingston Suites
Ranked #286 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff were very friendly on check in and throughout the stay. Rooms were OK, a little dated if anything. The worst thing about the hotel was the non-existent WIFI which didn't work throughout my stay, and although reception provided me with an ethernet cable and so was able to connect to the LAN, that was also very poor.

It amazes me in this day and age hotels like this who fail dismally to provide a decent internet connection. If they had decent Internet I would stay again, but seems a common problem after reading a few other TA reviews

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J T
Peeraphol J, General Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear JT,

Warm greeting from Kingston Suites Bangkok.

Thank you for your recently stay with us and your review via Tripadvisor was a valuable information for us to know about your stay.

We are sad to learn that you have an unpleasant stay with us because of WIFI connection problem. We will keep develop in this area as per your advised.

At Kingston Suites Bangkok, we are try the best to make your stay with enjoyable. We hope that we can have a chance to welcome you again in soon. This is to enable us to present a development of our property for your next pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked 2 nights here and upon arrival was given a 100 Baht discount voucher for their restaurant. Anyway I went to my room, opened my notebook to download some files for a presentation and low and behold the Internet wasn’t working. I rushed out to a client meeting informing reception of the problem on the way. After my meeting I decided to avail myself of the restaurant and ordered the pizza, which was advertised as a recommendation in the lift, it took a long time to come even after trying unsuccessfully to get the staff to serve me. When it arrived it was burned around the edges and the taste was not good, had it not been for Tabasco it would have been really nasty. Anyway when I went to pay they refused to accept the discount voucher saying it was a special, I retorted a recommendation is not the same as a special, anyway I left the restaurant as the staff were clearly incapable and refused to bring the Manager.

Upon returning to my room the Internet was still not functioning, I then had to go to another meeting and again brought this to the attention of reception with the caveat that if it wasn’t fixed I would have to check out. I returned to the hotel around 11pm and went to my room, the Internet was still not working and I had a conference call to make at midnight, clearly there was not enough time to rearrange or make alternative arrangements. I decided that enough was enough and would check out in the morning.

Having then gone into the bathroom for the first time I was amazed to see a hair in the wash basin and even more astonished when I dropped my toothpaste to find ingrained dirt on the floor. The plug in the washbasin also let water escape so it was impossible to fill it.

The next morning I decided to try to get some value and went into the breakfast, what a mistake that was. The coffee and tea were undrinkable and on warmers, the selection of food was disgraceful and included curled up ham and sausage floating in water, there were some noodles, sliced bread and some rather strange croissants, I think it would be fair to say that this was pig swill. Needless to say I left without any breakfast. This is the sort of breakfast one would expect 20 years ago, there is no excuse for serving it in 2014!

Check out was even worse! I put my credit card on the counter ready to pay and before presenting the bill the receptionist had swiped it and charged for 2 nights, I said I only stopped for one to which she replied yes but you booked for 2, correct but you didn’t provide the advertised facilities and I have no alternative but to check out. She laughed, thought it really hilarious and then started chatting on the phone etc. I was fuming; the Manager with whom she apparently referred on the phone and I saw was equally intransigent. I left and then filed a dispute claim with my credit card company, needless to say that a refund and 1 night charge was processed within 2 hours, excellent.

Having stayed at this hotel several times in the past it is difficult to believe how it has gone downhill to such an extent and I certainly won’t be staying there again.

As regards the management, they seem to blame negative feedback on the customer, sorry but you need to toughen up and accept the criticism and do something to improve your standards, no excuses.

The hotel is part of a group and I guess a competent manger could be brought in from another property to improve this one, but they will have an uphill task ahead and it is not an ‘overnight’ fix.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank amation

Dear Amation,

Greeting from Kingston Suites Bangkok.

With our sincere apologize to learn about your unpleasant stay with us. We are understand that some of our product and services were made you have an unpleasant stay. We will try to keep develop in our product and services ie: Breakfast and WIFI Internet Connection.

At Kingston Suites Bangkok, we are striving to develop our services to make you more enjoyable and have a pleasant stay. We do hope that we can have a chance to present a development our service for your next stay in near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were in this hotel from 15-17. hotel is good with great restaurant nearby. Rooms are good and clean. Reception is also good. Swimming pool was pretty average. Breakfast was ok. Rooms are very big and good bed. TV channels are limited.Location is also very convenient and has lot of nearby hotel. Me and my wife were walking on nearby street at 110 PM after massage but somebody tried to cut our camera which my wife was holding though it fall down she was horrified. the thing about it was there were two hotel in the same street but still this happened in fraction of second so fellow traveler be aware of your belonging while walking in night. Otherwise great hotel will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Peeraphol J, General Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear pt_1987,

Thank you very much for your selected to stay at Kingston Suites Bangkok during your recently stay. And your feedback about us via Tripadvisor.com is much value information to us.

We have learned that you have a pleasant stay with us. And we will keep striving in maintain this service level and keep develop to make you more enjoyable in your next stay. If there are anything that we can be assist, please feel free to contact us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Kingston Suites Bangkok again in near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Booked for three nights and stayed for six. That should tell you all you need to know about this hotel but for the scrupulous, here are the specifics about Kingston Suites:
Early check in with no problems at all. I checked in at 10 a.m., after long, grueling flights and the reception staff went about their business with their usual calm, quiet demeanor. Shown to my room quickly with no fuss whatsoever. Comfortable, clean, quiet rooms. Water pressure in the shower was strong. Shower and toilet immaculately clean. Towels and bathrobes a tad weary but functional. Room service staff were very polite and attentive. Breakfast is buffet style in a comfortable dining area. The food seemed fine to me, albeit a little repetitive, but more could be done to improve the coffee which was weak and tasteless. The hotel is situated near busy Sukhumvit Road shopping but far enough away to avoid the noise, traffic and less pleasant aspects of Bangkok street life. In case you don’t fancy the ten minute walk to Asoke or Nana Skytrain stations - equidistant from the hotel - a shuttle tuk tuk is provided. A pleasant mix of guests, which ranged from families and couples to singletons. I didn’t use the swimming pool, so cannot comment. Perhaps the highlight of this hotel are the staff, who were unfailingly polite and helpful without exception, even when dealing with the most difficult and truculent foreign guests. There are many options in this area of Bangkok, but Kingston Suites is certainly one worth considering.

1  Thank Bailao
Peeraphol J, General Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Bailao,

Greeting from Kingston Suites Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your recently stay at our property. And your kind to reviewed experience of your stay in Tripadvisor are appreciable from us.

We are delighted to learn that you like our property and have a pleasant stay from this trip. We will keep striving to maintain this standard of services. And make its better for your more enjoyable in next stay. And we are take some note to improvement area ie : taste of coffee that available during breakfast service and the quality of towels.

We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back to Kingston Suites Bangkok again in near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff very helpful and beautiful. when we arrived at the check-in staff were very enthusiastic to help. The rooms are very modern and comfortable. I have no complaints about this hotel. Location is great and easy access to public transport and many restaurants. We would recommend this hotel for your stay in Bangkok. Bathroom and room modern and cosy. wifi in the room is very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Peeraphol J, General Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear AI MS. LEE C,

Warm greeting from Kingston Suites Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your selected to stay at our property recently. And your posted review about experience of this stay via Tripadvisor is appreciable from us.

We are pleased to learn that you have a pleasant stay and like in every elements of our facilities and services. We will keep striving to develop standard level of services and product upkeep. Our objective is to make you more enjoyable for your next stay when you are return to us.

Myself and management team at Kingston Suites Bangkok are looking forward to have a chance to welcome you back again in near future.

President Solitaire Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 7 nights in the hotel from 15th to 22nd June. The location is pretty good. A 10 min walk to both the subway and the sky train station is a great locale. Sukhumvit Soi13 and the main road between 13 and 11 has a number of Indian restaurants so that makes it good for Indians.

At Rs 5000 per night for 3 adults, including breakfast, the hotel was no doubt value for money.
We had a 36 sq m deluxe room where an extra bed could fit in along with a king size bed.

The people manning the hotel are really sweet and courteous. The reception, housekeeping, the tuk tuk driver - you name it. You feel at home. ‎

We had 3 key concerns about the hotel:

1. Swimming pool - this is an apology of a pool. Their mentioning it is more of a tick in the box than of any real use. We did not use it at all. It is too small. More like a kids puddle play pool.

2. TV channels - very few worthwhile TV channels. Whilst the world cup football was on, we could not see a single match. 2 Fox Channels ‎for English movies, that is it.

3. Breakfast - 7 days a week: hardly anything changed in the menu items we were interested in:

1. Juices - no fresh juices. Pineapple and orange.
2. Fruits - pineapple and watermelon
3. Salads - 4 varieties if you don't mind having cucumber, tomatoes, onion and salad leaves in the morning for breakfast‎
4. Some yoghurt‎
5. Veg item - saute potatoes on 4 days; french toast on one day (poor egg eaters lost that choice), waffles on one day
6. Cocoa frosties replaced some other frosties on Day 5 after taking it up with the GM. Corn flakes remained as they are
7‎. Tea and coffee - you cannot ask for stronger tea. Even for giving you an extra dip there is a charge‎
8. Whole wheat bread and white bread.
9. Choice of eggs (fried, scrambled, omelet)
10. Sausages and bacon
11 Baked beans
12. One soup, stir fried mix vegetables and noodles with vegetables or equivalent, fried fish‎, steamed rice (more like lunch items than breakfast but perhaps Thais don't mind that)

The sad part on the breakfast was that we complained to the Hotel Manager on Tuesday about it. Still hardly any action was taken through the week. ‎

Given our schedule, we did not miss the TV and swimming pool too much.

Sukhumvit 13 has a wonderful Indian restaurant Punjabi where you get buffet dinner at 200 THB which is awesome value for money. There is also a wonderful hair saloon cum spa run by Pui. You feel pampered out there for a haircut or pedicure/manicure.

Do be careful late evening to avoid walking in dark alleys and stick to main SOIs. One person attempted to grab our handbag on day 1 and we learnt to keep our bags always away from facing the road.

We also had 3 incidents of people allegedly hailing from Dubai trying to engage us in a conversation about Mumbai, wanting to see Indian currency and the dollars we had. I suspect they are carrying fake dollars and would love to make a quick switch. So BEWARE. ‎

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank vinittaneja

Dear Vinittaneja,

Warm greeting from Kingston Suites Bangkok.

First of all, thank you very much for your recently stay at our property. And your kind to wrote feed back of your stay via Tripadvisor is appreciable from us.

With reference to our meet at Thyme Restaurant. And we have discussion about the items in breakfast. I would like to keep inform you that I had meeting with Head Chef. And we are now planning for new menu implementation in buffet breakfast. Please lets us work on for development in this area to restore back your enjoyment.

And we are delighted to learn that you like our services performance from our associates. We will keep striving to develop this area.

Lastly, we hope that we can have a chance to welcome you back to Kingston Suites Bangkok again in near future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Loved our three night stay here, the staff were wonderful, our room was perfect, housekeeping were very thorough and efficient. We used the open air pool next to the hotel which was lovely and clean. The shower was fantastic, water pressure isn't always great in Thailand. Although the beds are quite solid, we never had too much trouble sleeping in them. Would definitely recommend, close to all amenities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Peeraphol J, General Manager at Kingston Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Lauronan 127,

Warm greeting from Kingston Suites Bangkok.

Thank you for your recently stay with us. We are delighted to learn that you like our property and your pleasant stay with us.

At last, we hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Kingston Suites Bangkok again in soon. If there are anything, please feel free to contact us.